Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3958&start_row=1

Acceptable Offering

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/10/2010 12:49:18 AM

Several Years ago I was Reasoning to an Idren about the scripture below. I just thought of the Reasoning recently and wanted to Reason about it here.

-------------------------------------------
Genesis 4
[1] And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
[2] And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
[3] And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
[4] And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
[5] But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
[6] And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
[7] If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

He was saying that he thought the translators changed it and that Jah actually accepted the fruit of the ground from Abel, and rejected the firstlings of the flock from Cain.

I Reasoned with him saying that Selassie I accepting the sacrifice had nothing to do with what the sacrifice was, but it had everything to do with the thoughts and actions of Cain and Abel. That is why RasTafarI said,

[6] And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
[7] If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

And that is also why it said,

[4] And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
[5] But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

Selassie I didn't have respect unto Cain's offering, because he didn't have respect to Cain because of his behaviour.

This kind of thing is also shown in this Psalm

Psalms 51
[1] Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
[2] Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
[3] For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
[4] Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
[5] Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
[6] Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
[7] Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
[8] Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
[9] Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
[10] Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
[11] Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
[12] Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
[13] Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
[14] Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
[15] O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
[16] For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
[17] The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
[18] Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
[19] Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 6/10/2010 11:52:34 AM

Greeting's ArkI,InI agree that JAH seen the wickedness in Cain and the good that was in Abel.InI also think that this was destined because in chp 3 vs 22;And the Lord God said,Behold,the man is become as one of us,TO KNOW GOOD AND EVIL;and know ,lest he put forth his hand,and take also if the tree of life,and eat, and live forever. InI sight this as JAH saying we need balance in life for how much good there is there is that much evil.So when Cain was born JAH seen the evilness and to balance it Eve born Abel. InI also sight that JAH made Cain tiller of the land due to the evil that was in him, in maybe thinking that hard work would subdue his anger. And when he brought forth the fruit JAH seen that there was still evil in him and thought that if Cain were to work harder than Cain would see the evil in him and why JAH rejected his offering.If Cain were to see this inside him than maybe JAH would've accepted his offering at another time but instead the opposite happened and Cain slew Abel due to his blindness from anger.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/10/2010 10:48:31 PM

It is not about Abel being born to balance out the evil. Both were given a choice of how to think and live, and they both chose differently.

I have reasoned before about the connection to the tree of knowledge and what happened to Cain and Abel. This will show the I the connection that I sight.

-----------------------------------
I think Revelation is the natural destination of a divided society, a society that doesn't see everything as One life.

In the beginning when Adam and Eve ate the fruit, they saw their nakedness and covered theirself with leaves. Jah, after seeing what they have chosen. Gave them their desire and gave them coats of skin to cover themselves.

I interpret this as Adam and Eve bringing this concept of separation and division into their minds. Before this they only saw One, so they were One flesh, One life.

Genesis 2
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

So I see the placing of the leaves as a representation of them putting up a "wall" between them, because they saw theirself as separate. So when Jah saw that this was what they desired, he granted them their wish and put the full clothing over them, which created a larger "wall", and an even furthur separation.

The reason why Jah told them that they would surely die if they ate of the fruit is because Jah knew that when the generations of Adam and Eve no longer saw eachother as One, they would kill eachother.

This mind concept of separation led to Cain killing Abel:

Genesis 4
8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

The question Cain asked "Am I my brother's keeper?" represents the kind of separation that came into the minds of men. If Cain realized that they were One, he would have known that when he keeps his brother, he is keeping his self. But he didn't see his brother's life as his own, so he killed him.

In a world like this, things must come to an end. Because as time passes, people become more separate from eachother, and care less and less for the people in the world, even their family and friends.

So as we can see in the world, this leads to greed, where people try their hardest to take from others, and exploit others, so that they can gain their selfish desires. And the more time has passed, the worse man and woman has become. And the only way for someone to have more than their share, is to take from others. So the rich can't exist without the poor, because otherwise, who will do the work to make them so rich. They can't do all that work by themselves.

In a world like this, conflict will surely arise, and the power struggle will become more fierce. And it is not only the rich with this wicked mentality, but it is also much of the poor. The only difference is their positions. Many of the poor would do the same as the rich, if they figured out a way to be on top. Many accept that this is the way of the world, and they think that is what we must strive to be.

So if one goes up, another goes down, another goes up, so another goes down. As one learns a more wicked technique to rise, the other learns his technique and then makes it stronger so that he can rise higher. So they become more and more wicked, to out-wicked the other. Look at the armies of the world, and what evil they have created.

So Revelation shows the only destination of this kind of society. A house divided against itself will fall.

Genesis to Revelation
-----------------------------------

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/10/2010 11:34:54 PM

Just as the seperation mentality led Cain to kill Abel, the same mentality is causing wars and violence today. Babylon will end up destroying itself.

One Foundation by the Wailers:

Got to build our love on One foundation;
Got to build our love on One foundation.

There will never be - yeah! - no love at all;
There will never be no love at all.

Got to put aside them segregation, yeah!
Got to put aside them organization;
Got to put aside them denomination.
There will - there will never be no love at all;
I mean there will never be no love at all.

(Got to build our love) So build our love
(on One foundation) On One foundation;
(Got to build our love) Come, let us build our love
(on One foundation) On One solid foundation.
(Got to build our love) Got to build our love
(on One) on One foundation (foundation),
Or there will never be a single drop of love;
you won't have no freedom now, yeah!

Got to come together
We are birds of a feather;
We got to come together
'Cause we are birds of a feather;
Got to come together
'Cause we are birds of a feather;
Or there will never be (Lord, have mercy!) no love at all -
There will never be - yeah, yeah! - no love at all.

We also got to realize we are One people, yeah!
Got to realize that we are One people, yeah!
We got to realize we are One people,
Or there will never be no love at all -
There will never, never, never be no love at all.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 6/11/2010 12:29:49 AM

Give Thanks for the links & guidance,InI overstands more clearly.InI must have been more focused on the story than the meaning of it.InI beleive that InI should be InI's brother's keeper especially in today's society. Yes I, Eleazer baywrong is already destroying themselves now. After babywrong destroy's themselves[again] than what will be left is the oneness of JAH.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/21/2014 10:23:06 PM

In light of recent Reasonings, I wanted to show a few of the useful things I have Learned with the help of the Bible. Not to tell people to deal with the Bible, just recent reasonings made I think about these Reasonings.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I