Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3894&start_row=1

Donating Blood

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 3/11/2010 3:21:59 PM

What do the I them think about donating blood to organizations? At university, there are blood drives. I Iverstand that that injured people need blood transfusions etc. At the same time, it feels strange to I to donate I blood to some organization.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/11/2010 3:38:13 PM

I don't donate blood, but I wouldn't necessarily say I am against doing it, just something in I Irits resists it. I have never spoke to I Elders about that, but if I were to guess, I can picture some of them saying they are against it because of the Iritual vibes within the blood, and not wanting those vibes to be removed, especially if it is put into a person where it doesn't belong.

One thing I don't like about some of the advertisements I see about giving blood is that there is a slogan that says "Blood, it's in you to give". This statement irritates I because blood is in I to feed I body with oxygen and nutrients and to remove toxins and other things, the purpose of it is not to get sucked out.

I might decide to give blood one day, because it doesn't seem fair that if I was injured and needed a blood transfusion, I would get it even though I never contributed (I haven't needed any blood transfusions yet, Give Thanks to Selassie I). Time will tell if I ever decide to do it, I follow I Irits and that has prevented I from doing it, so if I Irits change, I decision will change.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 3/11/2010 3:56:05 PM

I-man's wife donates blood every year to help out and cut's her hair every 4 years for locks of love for children with cancer.I support her cause it's her choice and she looks at as if she can help someone that need's it more than her than that's what she'll do. Blessed.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 3/12/2010 10:49:16 AM

I have donated blood before, but that was before I was troding RasTafarI.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 3/12/2010 3:26:19 PM

I have never donated blood, but I have registered ISelf as a bone marrow and organ donor. There are not enough Black people registering and I feel it is I chance to help someone if the need arose. Like Ark I there is something that makes I uncomfortable about giving blood, but in time I think I will.

Bredren Aaron - raspect to the I's Queen.

I'm surprised and encouraged to see the I them in the forum are positive about giving blood, because some Rastas I know chant it down as bloodsucking and modern medicine is not the way of Rasta etc.

Blessed Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/12/2010 3:51:56 PM

I used to be more against it, and still as I said have an aversion to it, but I can see the good in it, and many lives have been saved.

Also, I look more to Selassie I than other people, and I can't picture Selassie I being against it.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 3/12/2010 5:14:47 PM

I-man do not donate blood anymore I did along time ago but didn't like needles in I.I's empress used to belong to a native american church and still holds to her belief's but the I is teaching her about rastafari & HAILE SELASSIE and she enjoy's it for it's belief in JAH and it's close to native american belief's.WE help each other out and reason about our belief's to help guide us in our trod.I thank TEN for the raspect and blessed to all bredrin's & sistren's.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 7/14/2012 11:06:01 AM

It ain't a good thing to donate blood.

Blood ain't something to be played around with,
but something to be regarded as the greatest and most distinguishing thing we have, seen?
Because blood is life!

Gen 9:3-6;
...I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood......

Even though it might seem good for someone to donate their blood,
truly speaking, this ain't goodness at all, seen?
Because we should not share our life with anyone, seen?

If we wish to promote life,
the only way we can do so is through marrying and reproducing,
and not through sharing our lives with others, seen?

Besides, blood transfusion is a profound form of genetic manipulation, which is sinful!
Hence donating blood is a profound sin before the Creator of all living things,
for is it against His will, seen?

I am sure Jesus burned these hypocritical acts when He taught against displaying our good works to the public to be seen by them, seen?

Matt 6:1-4;
"Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven........

Blood donations perfectly match here!

Moreover, I just can't imagine Jesus or Selassie-I donating blood!
This is sinful!

Raspect..

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 7/15/2012 5:39:22 AM

I remember when I was much younger and I was in hospital for something and the doctors said they had to take blood to test. I'd had blood tests before so I didn't think anything of it, since I was just a boy and the doctors were saying they needed to do it.
What I didn't realise was just how much blood they were going to take. They didn't just take the little ammount for a blood test, they took two pints, which is more than what they would take from a blood donation.
Part of the reason I never donate blood and now refuse blood tests is because of the feeling I had after they took so much blood. It wasn't until then that I really realised that blood is the essence of life, because with so much taken from I body, I didn't quite feel alive for a day or two. That's a hard feeling to describe, but it really did feel like some of I life had been taken, and since then I can't bring Iself to go under the needle again.
Because it pierces the flesh as well, I feel that I and I who deal with the Nazarite Livity can't abide by that.

That being said, I can't see Selassie I putting fire on blood donation, because I and I can see from His words and acts that His Majesty is Livicated to improving medical care in Ethiopia and blood supplies are important in that. I just feel that I and I as RastafarI people Livicated to His Majesty and holding certain orders can't abide having I and I flesh pierced and I and I life essence sucked out like a vampire. In a way I can respect the people who put themselves up for donation, because plenty of people owe their lives to the right kind of blood being available after they get injured and Most High forbid, but I and I never know when I and I might find I and Iselves in the same situation in this mad world.

Blessed love

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/16/2012 9:18:48 PM

Donating blood is pretty uncomfortable. I did it once for a school organization, and I signed up as a double donor to get more "points" for the organization. I had was in a sports stadium, and when they took I blood, I started getting really cold and shivering. I really dislike donating blood and I probably won't do it again unless its to save someOne's Life.

I bet Selassie I welcomed blood transfusions for His wounded soldiers during the war against Mussolini though.

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I