Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=386&start_row=1

HIM, the UN and the Human Rights.

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 7/10/2004 12:40:58 PM

Greetings Iloved

Sorry, this is not an article but a question.
I searched the Internet to get informations on the founding of the UN and the Human Rights. I heard that Haile Selassie I was one of the original founder.
But I cannot find good articles, just some stuff blaming Selassie's "violation of the human rights"... what a bullshit.
I will search further, but maybe some of the Is can share some Knowledge and Informations on that with I n I.

Give Thanks!
Selah

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 7/10/2004 4:06:13 PM

http://www.boomshaka.com/HIM/war.html hope this link helps.
Peace and Blessings

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 7/10/2004 4:27:48 PM

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/selassie.htm this one may also be of assistance

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 7/11/2004 5:47:33 AM

Greetings Iyah

Give Thanks Sistren.

I know the War-Speech, but this speech is more about the founding of the OAU.

The '36 Speech at the Leage with the whole story can be found in the Autobio Vol I.

But I search for the history of the founding of the UN and the Human Rights, and HIMs role in it.

The Ethio-Italo War was the death-sentence to the Leage of Nations, that is why Haile Selassie I saw it as his mission to (help to) establish a new better Leage of Nations, the UN.

I habven't found a good article on that till now, sorry.

Selah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/13/2004 9:47:40 AM

I know that Haile Selassie I was One of the founders of the League of Nations, which eventually lead to the UN. But I think Selassie I major influence was with the League of Nations.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 7/14/2004 4:32:37 AM

Iyah Greetings I

No, I do not think HIM was one of the founder of the Leage. Ethiopia entered the Leage in 1923, at this time the Leage had already existed.

I once read/heard that HIM had a main influence on the founding of the UN and the drafting of the Human Rights.
When we talked in School about Human Rightes I told that Haile Selassie I was one of it's main forces. The teacher agreed.

Selah

Messenger: christof Sent: 7/14/2004 9:15:44 AM

Greetings Idren !
I think it is true that HIM only joined the League.
Concerning the U.N:

june 27, 1965
20th anniversary of the UN charter

" As a founding member of the United Nations Organization
twenty years ago today, Ethiopia has been carrying out satisfactorily
her obligations for strengthening the constitutional set up of the world body over the years. As a member of various agencies of the world organization, in the discharge of her duties she has been also availingherself of the services rendered by the institutional body (...)
How best then could a world more united, peoples more intimately linked, the noble goal of further strengthening the spirit of international co-operation, establishing an atmosphere of mutual understanding and comprehension , and making an effort for creating a world of supreme peace and happiness ? The awnser to this fundamental question must be provided by the United Nations Organization which is now observing the 20th anniversary of its founding (...)"
Words of HIM

His Majesty is also very close to UNICEF und UNESCO.
btw - is it true that he was the Minister of Education in Ethiopia ??
I could not really get this...

" It is only proper, therefore, that we pay tribute to the Oranization and confirm in person the deep feelings and debt and gratitude which we all feel for the service which UNICEF so well renders the future generations of the world."
Words of HIM

I think this may be an example for Selassie fighting for Human Rights for all Africans:
" The African states have already imposed direct sanctions in the economic and diplomatic fields in an attempt to influence the policies of South Africa to convince South Africa leaders that it is in no sense in their interest longer to adhere to this policy of racial discrimination and the principle of apartheid are discredited and abandoned."

I hope these quotations were helpful.
Jah Guide InI !

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 7/14/2004 9:29:09 AM

Give Thanks Iyah!

Yes, this helped very much? Is it from the Utterances? Or do you have it on your PC?

Selah

Messenger: christof Sent: 7/15/2004 4:51:52 AM

Nice!
This is from the Selected Speeches, so I cannot send you the whole of it, and I do not have the time to copy the whole of it in this forum, sorry...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/18/2004 1:01:57 PM

I knew that Selassie I was one of the founders of only one of the groups. If I thought a little longer before I wrote, I would have said the right thing. I was just too quick to write.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I