Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3847&start_row=11

? about ital and unnatural food and drinks ?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: maurice leblanc Sent: 2/5/2010 2:02:29 AM

so in general you say:
the concept of ital food is not mandatory to all rastafarians?
the degree of strictness of how the concept of ital food is applied is individually chosen?

---I am not here to convince people of I and I ways. Those kind of ---things are just distractions to I and I , and I have wasted enough ---time in the past on such distractions. I people know who they are ---without anybody convincing them of anything.

sorry for having wasted your time.
i'm just trying to understand that concept...
i havent asked to be convinced of something.
only trying to get some detailed info,
which is still missing.

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 2/5/2010 2:36:14 AM

maurice.. leblanc.. (",)

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/5/2010 9:19:00 AM

Ital food in it's strictest form is good for all RasTafarI people, and their Irits(Spirit) will benefit.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/5/2010 10:19:27 AM

you said
--------------------
so in general you say:
the concept of ital food is not mandatory to all rastafarians?
the degree of strictness of how the concept of ital food is applied is individually chosen?
--------------------

Not really, what I said was
--------------------
There are various levels of strictness, but there are many things that are common to all RasTafarI.
--------------------

Meaning many aspects of Ital food are common to all RasTafarI, so it is not a case of eating anything.

Messenger: maurice leblanc Sent: 2/5/2010 2:09:04 PM

ok, now i think i got it:
there is a basic ital diet that most rastafaris do,
but some ingredients are up for debate amongst the rastas
and thus not commonly avoided,
but the strictest form of diet is considered to be the most
healthy for body & spirit?

Messenger: maurice leblanc Sent: 2/5/2010 7:01:10 PM

ok...
thanks for the efforts to clear things up.

maybe i got to talk to someone else,
who isn't afraid to take time with newcomers like me who ask stupid questions.

Messenger: Rabbi Ras Sent: 1/22/2017 1:18:34 AM

Greetings,
These questions are good questions. To start, we all have our own way of connecting with the Almighty. We also have our individual way of practicing these things. In its purest form, Rastafari is a natural, clean, simple livity. Do not overcomplicate it by the confusion of Babylon. Rastafari comes from the heart, the soul. When you are "born again", the livity will become natural.
Alcohol is not drunk because it does not make you meditate. There is no benefit from consuming it. Herb induces a meditation to the Ites. Yet, alcohol was drunk in the Bible, right? Well, yes. However, it is easy to consume too much alcohol, and perhaps that is the reason it is avoided; to eliminate the temptation.
Concerning dairy products. Milk, eggs, etc.. Come from animals. These things are natural. Rastafari love and cherish ALL life. Since these things come from an animal, they have life from that animal within it. Perhaps this is the reason daory products are avoided as well; to respect Jah Iration.Ya dig what I seh?
Please overstand that Rastafari comes from the soul. The practice must follow the change of heart. Not all Rastas follow these things perfectly. We all have our ways of connecting to the Divine.
Jah Rastafari,
Rabbi Ras

Messenger: Sister Ifua Sent: 2/3/2017 9:00:12 PM

Well, Ras Rabbi, I doubt the black-white (Maurice Leblanc) man is still out there to get his answers... and we missed to give it to him.
It's a pity, because it's not so difficult.
Is milk unnatural? Of course not; we all drank it when we came into this world. But it's unnatural for adults to drink it. Nature proves.
Is coffee unnatural? Well it is kind of a 'processed' food because men roast it and especially Ethiopians roast it very hard; therefore it could contain unhealthy substances. Also you should be careful about caffeine.
Is wine unnatural? Not necessarily; the Bible praises wine as long as you don't "get DECEIVED by it". But because of the fact, that many Idren keep the covenant (the Nazarite vow) touching wine is not a question to InI.
Is salt unnatural? No. Salt is very natural. But through the exessive use of it in the babylonian food industry, InI stepped back to a natural level.

Non Rastafarians always tend to cement the first things they somewhere read about InI, call it a "dogma" and leave no more space for InI to move within these "laws". High time for them to overstand that each of InI makes his/her own decisions and there's no 'Pope' to scold us. InI decide through spirit, wisemind and common sense.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/4/2017 3:27:12 AM

How is dairy produce in moderation unnatural? What is the reasoning? Again stressing the point of small quantities / moderation....If man has been doing so for almost as long if not longer than man have been eating grains and if the i is a one who own body produce lactase well into adulthood unlike other species? I know if taken in large quantities you can get health problems through the enzyme casein but otherwise..... Give thanks. We have all seen the image of His Majesty with a cup of milk

Good reason about salt

Messenger: Sister Ifua Sent: 2/4/2017 4:20:35 PM

Well, may be it is allright for some people to use it. But lactase in adults comes mostly from the fact they never stopped drinking it. It would be natural to stop after being weined like all other species. Then lactase reduces naturally.
Moderation is a Point, which is also the case with InI Majesty. There were so many fasting days in Ethiopia, when He never touched it for sure.
I've got a personal (not scientifically based) theory on the consumation of milk and spiritual or inner growth of humans. As you can see the western world's nutrition is totally BASED on milk. You find it in nearly every product. Now that milk was made for babies, for me it seems to be one of the reasons why these societies act so much childish or un-adult in their behaviour. It simply keeps them in a state where they just can't grow no further.
But this is only a very personal theory. Thanks GA for reasoning.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I