Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3776&start_row=31

Whites/Shashamane

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/25/2012 6:14:21 AM

When I first told you that you don't have to be an Ethiopian,
you were speaking of a land named Ethiopia, seen?

So where is the confusion coming from?
Is it coming from replacing the word Ethiopia by its I-name, Ithiopia?
I guess Ithiopia is an equivalent of the word Ethiopia?

But all the same these should both refer to the land in which King Selassie-I was born, right?

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 7/9/2012 2:45:37 PM

I say go where Jah takes you, where ever that may be. Pray to Jah for guidance and Jah will give the I a sign.

Jah Bless

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/12/2012 1:06:25 AM

InI is very hurt by these words said about InI Idrens who say they follow Sellasie I and Christ. Only whites put people in slavery only whites sin, and if InI bredren does the same only way is because of whites. Bun fiyah judgement pon dis ting ayah. There will be NO PEACE! NONE! ZERO ZIP! UNTIL THE COLOR OF A MAN'S SKIN IS OF NO MORE SIGNIFICANCE THAN THE COLOR OF HIS EYES. The way the uman race is now and days InI pray Jah rip the flesh from our bodies so we can see clearer. Obviously the different colors and the beautiful skin Jah give we as a blessing we don't deserve. Iman is a black man InI is not confused. Jah say we are all brothers and sisters and InI will be damned if my brother or sister is not welcome at InI house no matter what they did or what color them skin is or how long their fingers is. Foolishness!!!! Ivery color man is InI bredren whom InI must forgive for the trespasses against me. InI must love the WORLD (notice not only a certain color of the world) as Jah loves the world.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 7/12/2012 7:24:25 PM

Defining “White Privilege”

by Kendall Clark

white privilege, a social relation
1. a. A right, advantage, or immunity granted to or enjoyed by white persons beyond the common advantage of all others; an exemption in many particular cases from certain burdens or liabilities.
b. A special advantage or benefit of white persons; with reference to divine dispensations, natural advantages, gifts of fortune, genetic endowments, social relations, etc.
2. A privileged position; the possession of an advantage white persons enjoy over non–white persons.
3. a. The special right or immunity attaching to white persons as a social relation; prerogative.
b. display of white privilege, a social expression of a white person or persons demanding to be treated as a member or members of the socially privileged class.
4. a. To invest white persons with a privilege or privileges; to grant to white persons a particular right or immunity; to benefit or favor specially white persons; to invest white persons with special honorable distinctions.
b. To avail oneself of a privilege owing to one as a white person.
5. To authorize or license of white person or persons what is forbidden or wrong for non–whites; to justify, excuse.
6. To give to white persons special freedom or immunity from some liability or burden to which non–white persons are subject; to exempt.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I