Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3719&start_row=1

Halloween

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 10/26/2009 7:41:20 PM

Halloween is coming up on October 31st.

I say fire burn this pagan holiday. It is satanic, no way around it. Halloween originated as "Samhain", where the ancient celts would give offerings to the spirits and demons so that they would not torment the living. This is where trick or treat comes from. It is sick how babylon promotes this celebration of the prince of darkness and labels it as "fun".

"Samhain, lord of the dead. Originally, this event was to summon wicked souls of those who had died within the past year, and were supposedly destined to inhabit animals. It was morbid observance honoring the god of the dead on this particular night, October 31st. Bonfires were lit on mountaintops, so the spirits of the dead could find their way. Food offerings and shelter were provided to appease these evil spirits so that they would not inflict harm, cast spells, steal infants, destroy crops, kill farm animals, or instill terror by haunting the living. This is the source of the "trick or treat" line. To deal with evil spirits in this way is not Christian. "

"Using witchcraft to foretell the future was against God's Law and caused King Saul of Israel to lose his life. I Samuel 28:7-8 says, "Then Saul said to his servants, 'Find me a woman who is a medium, that I may go to her and inquire of her.' And his servants said to him, 'In fact, there is a woman who is a medium at En Dor.' So Saul disguised himself and put on other clothes, and he went, and two men with him; and they came to the woman by night. And he said, 'Please conduct a séance for me, and bring up for me the one I shall name to you'." (It should be noted that familiar spirits are nothing more than demons). Has anyone ever told you about the psychic phone lines and readings offered on television? Ever heard of a ouija board? I have been told of these things, and am appalled that anyone would use these: whether in jest or seriously. Consulting psychics to foretell the future is forbidden. Read further to discover what happened to King Saul because of his involvement with "familiar spirits".

The Lord Pronounced His severe punishment upon Saul that very night; "And the LORD has done for Himself as He spoke by me. For the LORD has torn the kingdom out of your hand and given it to your neighbor, David. Because you did not obey the voice of the LORD nor execute His fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore the LORD has done this thing to you this day" (I Samuel 28:17-18).

The Sacred Scriptures clearly warns us to flee from the occult practices. It delineates the consequences making it forbidden to mankind. I did not find one reference to "only doing this for fun." How can one derive "fun" from celebrating darkness and honoring the "lord of the dead"?

Messenger: anonymous Sent: 10/30/2014 3:48:57 PM

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 10/30/2014 4:50:10 PM

yes FIRE BURN ameriKKKa brainwash holiday, sad to see how all youths of today get brainwash to celebrate such day.. Mystery Babylon YOU DOOM! sweep dem out with Emmanuel broom!

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 10/30/2014 5:35:22 PM

I know this is an old reasoning.
But still I want to mention in response to the original post by Eleazar,that occult is only bad if used for evil purposes like harming innocent people.There is also good magic remember.And Berhane Selassie used to read peoples palms to see their future as a child.

Even the the so called Wicked magic can be used for good.Like eliminating a man who is going to destroy many lives by nuclear bombs etc..

I'm not saying this in connection to halloween and it's origin wich may indeed be wickedness.
But I'm just saying there is no need to judge occults and such if ones have no idea what exactly ones are dealing with.Remember,they used to burn women alive at the slightest suspicion of "witchcraft" becoz of their hypocritical reLIEgion.Fire BUN that.

Blessed I

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/30/2014 5:52:06 PM

Give thanks for the reasoning Iyahs.
Iwombman left out Halloween long time now also - not necessarily because of the "pagan" or "satanic" ideology tho. For Iwombman the "holiday" is just like any other "holiday" - a mass-commercialized event in which families and individuals are persuaded to spend extravagant amounts of money on vain or even harmful pursuits (disgustingly high amounts of high-fructose corn syrup and food dye, for this particular day, as well as the immodest and grotesque costume expenditure).
Give thanks for the Iducation allways. I wasn't aware that Halloween was descending from a Celtic tradition to a demon, I thought it came from the "Day of the Dead." Iwombman remember I ancestors who live in the Irit realm, every day, but I&I don't see the reason to do the Dia de Los Muertos thing either (which is a big deal in San Diego, so close to MX).
From Iwombman perspective, any time to get together with family, share joy and Itals, and to promote life, this is a good use of time. But to spend sickening amounts of money (some people go into debt just for "Christmas"!), consume fattening poisons and alcohol, or to dress in disgusting outfits, turns the wholesome family occasion into a death trap. That is why Iwombman left out "holidays" in general.
Still hug&kiss I Mama every chance I get tho, even if it means coming over and pretending that there is no Christmas tree in her house.
Haha hope to one day see a 31st of October roll around without any childrens consuming GMO garbage!
Haile I&I&I. More love.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 10/31/2014 1:56:38 AM

Yes I
I na go give demon n ghouls no candy or treats, I give em no trick, I just going burn them demons, give em JAH FIRE!

A the children need truth n love , and JAH so they never fear the darkness
They are the light if the world but Babylon.trying to turn them into monsters.....fire burn d'evils n gholies ,

Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 10/31/2014 12:52:26 PM

Babylon's holiday. Just an another occasion for making money ;).

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 10/31/2014 8:28:31 PM

Give Thanks for the Reasonings. I posted that article 5 years ago, it is from an Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Christian website.

Ras Nate, I Sight the I's Reasoning.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/31/2014 11:00:29 PM

Samhain is not wickedness, it is just part of another people's culture. Too often people take up a religion and think they must demonize other religions and cultures, even including their own previous and those of their ancestors. I don't think this is a natural thing, but is a method the downpressors use to gather up people to fight for them and help them gain more control. And since this method has been used on almost all people for many millennia, people think that way even without outside influence because it is ingrained in them. This thinking extends to almost all things, from cars, sports teams, and brands in general, to nations, philosophies, religion, etc., etc.

Samhain is not part of RasTafarI Trod and is not part of I ancestors Trod, because I ancestors are from a different place. That is no reason for I to be against it or demonize it.

Christianity and Islam (and other religions), have demonized the culture of every people they conquered, and even convinced the people of that culture to join in the demonization. In every society there are some wicked, but if you went into the past and lived among those who are not wicked in any of the "pagan" cultures, you would probably see that most, if not all pre-Christian and pre-Islam cultures were not devil worshipping heathens, but were loving and caring people who had a religious and/or cultural system that is not the same as yours, but still has many similarities.

RasTafarI people need to clean that out of their system, this mind of discrimination of other cultures is just a remnant of Babylon within our minds. It is not just two choices, either to follow a religion or culture, or speak against it. There is another choice, which is to Sight that it is just another people's culture, and show Respect and Love.

As Haile Selassie I Teaches I and I,

And we must look into ourselves, into the depth of our souls. We must become something we have never been and for which our education and experience and environment have ill-prepared us. We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community.

With the raising of all men to their rightful dignity and honour as individuals, they will be able to regard their fellows, of whatever nation, of whatever race, of whatever religious, linguistic or historical tradition, as equals, without jealousy, without fear, without undue pride.

Some things that RasTafarI people do that are different from Haile Selassie I are still Righteousness and are supposed to be part of I and I Trod and are not things that Haile Selassie I speaks against. RasTafarI people have a purpose, and it is not to copy every single thing that Haile Selassie I do, Haile Selassie I has His Role and I and I have I and I Role. At the same time, not every thing that RasTafarI people do that is different from Haile Selassie I is Righteousness, and these things are not meant to be part of I and I Trod, but are just a remnant of a different mindset and thinking that has not yet been left behind. I and I have to stop being like Christians who say Christ is their savior, but don't even pay attention to His Teaching and Example. I and I need to Learn the mindset and thinking of Haile Selassie I. That is the mindset of God, and the way to be One with God.

Haile Selassie I say,

Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Same way, shame of those of us who don't follow the Way of Haile Selassie I.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/1/2014 5:39:03 AM

Cho, before the children dress up like Marcus Garvey dem dress them up as monster.

Richie Spice explains....

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I