Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3689&start_row=1

Coffee

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/22/2009 6:51:19 PM

What do Ones think about drinking coffee? I know that coffee is a large export of Ethiopia. There is also a Marley coffee company. And what about caffeine in general?

I, personally, don't drink coffee because I don't like how it tastes, and I don't want to depend on caffeine to wake Iself up.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/22/2009 7:52:31 PM

On a somewhat related note:

Last year I drank that redbull energy drink to stay awake and study. I drank like 3 of them, and I started getting these aches in I blood veins, I think it was messing I heart up. So I stopped drinking red bull.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 9/24/2009 7:02:00 PM

buna is good, sleeping often leads to more agony

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/25/2009 12:32:07 PM

Greetings...

Coffee is not drank the same way in America as it is in Ethiopia. In Ethiopia, it is always prepared and brewed much more freshly and it is drank out of much smaller cups, and not really too excessively either. I'm sure that Ethiopia does have plenty of coffee addicts though. Coffee is a strong anti-oxidant, however the long term use of caffeine isn't good for anybody. I think it is Ethiopia's largest export and thus it is a vital part of it's economy.

Nevertheless, coffee is a natural beverage, while Red Bull is some garbage made in a factory. Drinks like Red Bull, have not only excessive amounts of caffeine, but also a synthetic compound called Taurine, the myth is that Tuarine, named after Taurus the bull....thus Red Bull, is bull testosterone. It's really an organic acid found in many animals, bull's too, and for that concoction it is processed synthetically. It's inclusion in the drink is mysterious to me, as I don't think it really has any proven energy giving properties. I would encourage anyone to stay away, it's just a bizarre industry feeding off the "world on fast forward is the only way to be mentality". A cup of tea or coffee would be a much better way to go,(coming from someone who admittedly drinks too much coffee).

Selam

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 9/26/2009 1:20:14 AM

My lord coffee is not an antioxidant.In fact it generates a lot of free radical oxidation and damage, it is harmful to the liver, congesting it and so putting a burden on it (even worse if ganja smokers drink coffee). Green tea is a strong antioxidant, yet shouldn't be drunk after 3pm as it is stimulant due to the presence of caffeine also in it.

One cup a day, in mid morning, probably will not do a healthy individual much damage, yet Iman would advise less still, as it congests your liver, which means it congests your blood and renders it toxic overtime and more problems (remember the liver purifies the blood) I do drink it sometimes to give I a burst of energy and liveliness to work and ting.

It is also a vasodilator whereby if one has migraines or tension headache a strong cup is good also. Yet

Iman study naturopathy, herbal medicine and nutrition. Coffee is a Xanthine, one of it's useful actions is that it is a bronchodilator, thus in a desperate situation, (like u see sometime in nollywood movies!), when one who has asthma require their ventolin and having an attack, one can administer a strong cup of black coffee and it shall brilliantly open up the airways, due to the presence of a compound call Theophyline.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/26/2009 5:28:51 PM

Well, I've got to debate it a little bit...since I threw it out there...and bear in mind I'm not really touting coffee as some kind of great medicine or anything like that but here's a bit of information, and if one types coffee and antioxidant into the search engine it will bring up quite a bit of information. I'm no definitive source, by I am going by what I've read.

Coffee, a source of antioxidants

I appreciate all the info, Far-I-Sight, and perhaps you'll provide a good reason to be skeptical of the information being put out there.

Selam

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/27/2009 9:58:38 AM

Sunofman,

Is the I from Ethiopia? I was just wondering. I read in some of the I's posts that the I has visited Ethiopia. I have never been to Ethiopia but I very much want to visit someday.

Does the I have a myspace page? I saw a Sunofman on myspace, who had some good hip hop music on it. It might be someone else though.

And I don't dislike all coffee, I just don't like the really bland stuff common in america.

Selassie I Bless

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 9/27/2009 10:10:29 AM

My Lord and Bredren Sun of Man

I and I must always keep our eyes open and sight with I first eye. Be alert and don't be easily mislead. This is the age of information, and the gideon red hot, His Majesty done warn us long time to check the info they are feeding us and test it. Always look at the source of the information as there are plenty of propaganda out there in Babylon to deceive one's in accordance to their hidden agenda.

Coffee is the mostly used corporate drug, everyone in babylon drink it, especially the blue collar criminal executives in high crime centres such as wall st.

Conclusion: look at the source:

The American Chemical Society is a nonprofit organization, chartered by the U.S. Congress, with a multidisciplinary membership of more than 158,000 chemists and chemical engineers. It publishes numerous scientific journals and databases, convenes major research conferences and provides educational, science policy and career programs in chemistry. Its main offices are in Washington, D.C., and Columbus, Ohio.
The paper on this research, AGFD 10, will be presented at 8:30 a.m., Sunday, Aug. 28, at the Washington Convention Center, Room 203A, during the symposium "The Potential Health Benefits of Antioxidants."
Source: American Chemical Society

Rastafari are a Conscious and Awake People.

Kill the Pope at this hour.

Holy I Selassie I JAH Rastafari

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/27/2009 9:55:37 PM

Give Thanks King, I do agree that the source is suspect, and very true-it is the age of information, and we must remain vigilant as it is true-there is so much propaganda. I am wondering if we should totally dismiss the information though, I don't know, it's not like I think, or I would advocate, that coffee should be drank as a source of antioxidants. However, in light of the fact that the majority of Americans have such terrible diets it seemed plausible that they would be getting the majority of their antioxidants from a "corporate drug".

What I think is most important is that regardless of known health benefits, a chronic coffee habit is not going to benefit anybody.

Again Far I Sight, give thanks, I had a feeling the I would shed more light.

Eleazar, I'm not Ethiopian, however I do have strong ties to the country. The Sunofman myspace isn't mine, although I do have one. I hear you about the coffee in America the majority of what's sold is done in poor ethic and of poor quality, it's a huge industry. What Far I Sight was saying about the source of the information makes a great deal of sense because the industry would stand to profit even more if coffee was deemed to be a great health benefit.

Selam

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/30/2009 11:14:43 PM

It would make sense that coffee would have some antioxidants. Most plants in the earth most likely have a certain amount of antioxidants.

It is more of a matter of weighing the benefits compared to the drawbacks. I don't know enough about coffee to know how it compares. I don't drink coffee because the taste offends I, even the smell of it offends I. I don't even like dessert if it has any amount of coffee flavour. So as far as I am concerned, I nose and tongue are telling I that coffee is not right for I.

One issue I see with coffee drinkers is that they come to depend on it to keep themselves awake, but they don't really need it. There body would adjust if they let it adjust.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I