Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3687&start_row=1

Iditation

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/18/2009 7:33:23 PM

What is the best way to Iditate? ( I know there are many different methods, perhaps best isn't the right word)

When I Iditate I usually sit on a pillow with I back against the wall. I keep I spine straight, but not so much that it is stiff. I sit in a groin stretch position, with I feet touching each other ( Im not sure if Im describing it exactly right). I inhale, hold for a few seconds, and then exhale. I keep I hands in a prayer position.

How does One tell when the Spiritual Eye (3rd Eye) is open? Sometimes I feel like there is energy going up I spine and I try to concentrate it upwards up to the middle of I forehead.

Also, how does One focus on the other chakras?

Herb also helps a lot with I Iditation.

This is where I find the Eastern religions useful. I don't agree with a lot of the Hindu gods, I think it is idolatry, but I think Hinduism, and Buddhism has some good meditation techniques

And Sikhism, in particular, reminds I a lot of Bobo RasTafarI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/19/2009 10:21:26 PM

Search your Irits when the I Iditates. The more the I does that, the more the I will Learn how to Iditate better and Rise Higher. There is so much to Learn that no book or person will be able to teach another, because the inner eye will be what is needed to Sight those things.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/2/2012 5:07:56 PM

What does the I mean when saying search your Irits

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 10/3/2012 8:20:53 AM

Eleazar,

The best way to meditate is to find yourself a peaceful and private place where you will be able to for a while forget all your problems and troubles, and direct all your faculties towards God and His Creation.

For instance, I usually go into the bush or any abandoned natural place, where there are living creatures other than mankind(not a game park please because there animals therein are confined and not free) living naturally and displaying numerous truths that can be observed clearly, seen?
For instance, I might come across a pair of doves; and one truth that can be clearly observed from these creatures is the love and faithfulness they display......and when I see this amazing truth, I begin to meditate more and more on those qualities that I would have observed from the doves; I meditate above the level of the doves, because as a human being I was gifted with a better reasoning capacity than that of the doves, seen?
And from those phenomena I can come out with a whole heap of amazings truths and become wiser than before, seen?

As for the position, I just ensure that I sit comfortably, preferably on the ground with my knees bent upwards, that is with feet and buttocks on the ground but same time with my knees raised above the ground(that is like a child, in a very humble position), seen?

But I just can not do this without smoking marijuana first, seen?

Bless..

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 10/3/2012 4:06:01 PM

Close the eyes and find the light within

We find it not with eyes but The Heart, The I,

The Inner Most I IS within, never changing

still the mind, control the breath , these two control body functions

turn away from the five senses and the mind and find the One heart of Love , Find The vibration and power of The One Jah within

One Must come into peace beyond words to realize the truth

Meditation is a surrendering thats not over when living.

A surrendering of the senses and the mind that like to dominate the human keeping them back from the kingdom of heaven within.

Zion INI a coming cus we nah more ignoring the words that set INI free.

Meditation on Jahs word, a constant sacrifice of everything into the fire of JAH, all thoughts memorys feeling must be sacrifies, offered unto Jah. All karma, all that we reap must be offered unto Jah Fire of Peace and Forgivness that forgives all, a fire that gives life like th sunshine give to earth.

Surrender/sacrifice the fives senses and mind(ego) unto Jah and The Way is revealed

Hail to the King

Rastafari is in all but those who dont beleive in Rastafari have not found The Light within or realized the ONE

SEEK& FIND Jah Peace and Love FEEL& BECOME Jah Peace and Love
Once the inner light is found, INI know the way everytime to get back and we become that light

Find Jah in Meditation like a lightbulb finds the chandelier

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 10/3/2012 4:08:57 PM

deep breathing is said to move air and energy through the spine up and down and cleanse it of karma

These chakras are like the seven seals, all energy blocks are in spine

gotta let the spirit flow

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 10/3/2012 6:51:51 PM

meditation is for increasing and benefiting livity, and livity increases and benefits meditation

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 10/3/2012 9:44:21 PM

Give Thanks for the Reasoning Ras Kanjas and Jessep86.

Yes, the Iditation differs without the herb, as herb can unlock heights that cannot be reached without it.

But it is still possible to Iditate without the herb, because herb is not always available in all situations.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 10/4/2012 1:42:36 AM

You are very correct when you say the herb can unlock heights that can not be reached without it.

Raspect..

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/5/2012 6:13:46 PM

Zion Mountain, when I say search the Irits, it means to search our Spirit, to explore the Spiritual vibrations within and around I and I.

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I