Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3657&start_row=1

RastafarI in Quebec, Right or Wrong?

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Demnit Sent: 8/16/2009 10:14:33 PM

First of all, bless for this awesome website.
Second, sorry my english. I am from the east coast of Canada, a French Quebecer.

My name is Jean-François Simard, I got 17 y.o. one month ago.

Here is my story is a bit long, it started 4 months ago. With a french reggae/rastaman named Blacko. I listened to his rap and felt in love with him, don't know why. I wanted to know more about him and learned that he turned 100% reggae. Before I was listening to hardcore, metal but I felt in love (again) with his reggae. I wanted to know more and more about him and learned that he turned RASTA. In his songs, he was always talking about Jah, Positive... Who's Jah? Why his songs suddenly interest me? I read all about RastafarI Mouvement on Wikipedia then started to believe in Jah... I was listening to Blacko's song 24h/24 7d/7, I started to pray before going bed. Since then, my live is way better. In my prayers, I do my "Our father" and talk to Jah. Since then, I started to pray before dinner. My mother think I entered into a sect (What hurted me a lot)...

Well, there's a shortcut of my story.

I have lot of problem,
1/ I don't think there's lot of RASTAMAN where I live (In Quebec).
2/ I always have been full pessimistic.
3/ I do lot (LOT) of errors and due to my pessimistic's past, I dont help myself.
4/ As I live in Quebec and I changed my thought so fastly... I cant suddenly wear Red-Green-Yellow clothe and yell loud and clear the path of Jah.
5/ Weed is illegal... :3
7/ I live in Babylon...

Jah sent me messages in Blacko's song since then he seems to have abandoned me.

Well, as with my past. I am looking for RastafarIan to help me through Messengers (I prefer MSN) to keep positive vibrations.

Thank you,
Jah Bless!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/16/2009 10:40:42 PM

Feel free to Reason.

Messenger: Demnit Sent: 8/16/2009 10:52:07 PM

Thanks for the fast answer but, I don't think I'll reason alone... It's what I am looking for, help. Well, I'll wait other reasonings before concluding.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/16/2009 11:10:52 PM

your problems 2 and 3 are the only real problems. So many RasTafarI people deal with the other issues, but they are not obstacles to them.

The Reason I said to feel free to Reason is because if the I have questions, there are Ones and Ones that Reason here that might have the answer.

Messenger: Demnit Sent: 8/16/2009 11:37:28 PM

I see. I am still not familiar with the InI speaking. I dont know where to look at to learn correctly about the movement and to get a good basement about RastafarI. That's why I don't think I can name myself as a RastafarIan.

Have any suggestion? And I am happy to see your answers. Thanks a lot.

Messenger: Kalli Sent: 8/29/2009 2:47:19 PM

Blessed,it is good to start reading the Bible and meditate on the psalms and words of Jesus Christ Jah RastaFarI.A little bit everyday,and be respectfull to others.
Peace,
Kalli.

Messenger: Sheba.. Sent: 8/29/2009 5:03:36 PM

blessed love brethren,

the I needs to study H.I.M. words aswell,look to urself for inner strenth dont just sit back and think the most high is going to give it you on a plate,Jah can only help them who help themselves..

peace and love,

Messenger: Fredi Sent: 7/15/2015 2:19:39 PM

Je sais que ton message date d'il y a longtemps, mais je suis québécoise aussi et je commence a ressentir la même chose que toi.
Depuis le temps, tu dois en avoir appris davantage j'imagine... Écrit-moi si tu le peux, j'aimerais bien te parler!

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I