Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3617&start_row=1

question ark i ras i-tom

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sheba.. Sent: 7/5/2009 7:34:45 PM

blessed

i have been looking on one government website about rastafari women and it says that wombman are reguarded as subordinate to men....
is this true??????

peace and love

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 7/5/2009 7:41:14 PM

With respect, I don't know why the question was directed at me also. I'm sure you are better off asking ones who have had more experience within the community. However from what I see it tends to be an equality between men and women. Following the example of Emperor Haile Selassie and Empress Menen, who were crowned on the same day, despite the tradition which crowned the woman after. Also I have heard ones talk about the sceptre and the orb which HIM carried. I can't remeber which was said to represent male and which female.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/5/2009 8:39:16 PM

Some RasTafarI people deal with a Woman submitting themselves to Man and they refer to what God said to Adam and Eve before they were cast out of the garden.

As Ras I-Tom said, Haile Selassie I showed a different kind of way, where there is more equality between Man and Woman. So some RasTafarI people trod with more equality between Man and Woman based on Haile Selassie I example.

Best thing for the I, if the I come upon a RasTafarI Man that the I is interested in, make sure his view corresponds to the way that the I wants to Live.

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I