Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3609&start_row=21

Poor Bred Dog

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 6/9/2014 4:16:42 PM

Acknowledging that something occurred and dealing with the aftermath is in no way equal to a dismissive attitude towards slavery.

My home is their home, when they have left of their own accord they have returned same way. I have rescued animals from prison-like environments, my home is not one.

I'm assuming it was not your intent but the statements I've adressed were rather insulting honestly. I'll leave it at this, what relationship is more natural than a love shared by two living beings?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/9/2014 4:28:39 PM

I think you miss my point brethren. And you may be taking a general argument personally.... no insults from my post intended Rasta a ethics we a debate never meant to antagonize, seen? If the I can't apprecilove the ethical dilemma when dealing with pets and the origins of their current relationship with mankind then thats just it. It's a moral grey area. Live up iah, continue the works

To answer the I question, I can't answer. The question doesn't take into account whether or not one of the individuals have been bred specifically for the situation.... and or taken away from their original family and environment. Whether the current state of interaction (generally not the I specific home-situation) between domesticated animals and mankind IS 'natural' historically and presently is the basis of my argument. If so..... then nothing would be more natural. Otherwise, the love shared would be invalid to I.

Haile....

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 6/9/2014 4:44:46 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe your point is that a person's home is not the most natural state for an animal. My point is that I see nothing unethical in giving an animal a longer, healthier, happier life even if that means not letting nature do whatever it will.

Okay that was written before I saw the I's revision. So what you are discussing is a complete hypothetical situation because you are asking if we should do that which we've already done?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/9/2014 4:51:02 PM

A persons home MAY be a natural state in many circumstances.....especially those in and around the country or the tropics............ but for the example of an inner-city home with dogs, snake, and a lion in the backyard....then definitely that is my argument. Going against na-JAH especially when dealing with LIFE, is something I will consciously try and avoid.

Plus Garveys Africa typically likes to reason 'the other side' of things.

BIG UP MR PATHWALKER........ Easy Idrin. A two dog I grow up with as a youth I fully overstand your point king. Blessed

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/9/2014 4:59:31 PM

Well not hypothetical still. It's like with food. I tell none vegetarians would you go and kill that animal that your about to eat?

If for example I wanted a dog. The idea of going to a kennel / prison, and splitting up a pup or dog from its mother and siblings, placing it out of its natural environment again..........to perpetuate the routine of domesticating the animal with 'home' routines against its true nature........something in I consciousness would object. And I KNOW SAY I wouldn't go into the wild, sight a pack of dog or wolf or inbetween and think to Iself "Yes, make I capture one of dem and bring it home as companion".....Nooooo sa

Same way I don't appreciate Zoo...... even if the animal may live longer.

Alternate perspectives?

Blessed love

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 6/9/2014 5:11:56 PM

Blessings brother, the topic is very close to I heart so it's true I may take it too personal. Say that dog at the kennel has already been split from its family it is essentially imprisoned. Is it not more ethical to give it a loving home?

If we were truly to let nature take its course completely would we try to cure our ailments? Would we even build shelter?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/9/2014 7:35:37 PM

As a pet owner I awould at tea feel sum kinda way havin I dogs chain or cage up but I knew cuz a da situation I jus let em run round. Always wanted a bigger space fa dey ca feel more free I would always have dis lil conscious thing in my mind about nature and natural ways u know even wit a dogs diet.

Path Walker, dat would an individuals reasoning, and like GA said if one is enslaved/imprisoned do we cya dat one to a bigger nicer slave camp/prison or do make e free. A loving home mite b best option tho for d animal tho, given the situation like say ina city but ina country make he go free.
Survival instinct is a part of nature, if one is hurt it natural to tryda fix that which is hurt, like a wild animal tryna lick its wounds clean or a meat eater eating wild grass when sick preserving oneself is very natural, even certain apes I think Orangutangs build shelter and many animals who can find ready made shelter will use it if possible!

Garvey's Africa readin yo post I could only think about InI Incestor dem having dis very same thing happen to dem!!!! Don't think Iman ca own dogs no mo na,
Dey use InI foreparents for all those same reasons, house companions as well, intertainment. I seen a pic of a little black girl from Congo in a human zoo in Belgium in d 40s or 50s I think. Dem animals like people jus wan b free!

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 6/9/2014 7:55:12 PM

Truth about the self preservation brother. What about the preservation of others then? If we can improve the living conditions of a living being shouldn't we do so?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/9/2014 8:11:32 PM

Animals are in terrible conditions all in babylon, starving, sick, mistreated or abandoned.... or in a form of prison. Taking them from this environment even if it involves splitting families is definitely an improvement even if it means domestication. ..

As ones have pointed out there are certain things ones could do when owning a pet to best recreate their natural livity. Open land and free running space etc. ..

Im not putting fire on that.... dont left the dog voodooruuts! It remind I of the same thing tho uno as recent as the 20th century them have pigmy Africans in the New York Zoo....man like Ota benga

I just put a fire on the whole concept from a holistic perspective..... and I wouldnt want to support the industry. But I sight the idem a take the stance of if them already been capture and domesticated ..... might aswell dem grow with a conscious rasta.

Selah

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/9/2014 8:33:14 PM

True, True, but say d I a city dweller I would think that city conditions, being cage or fenced in, long walks on a leash or off leash still stayn close to ya side or at d park or beach still very limited and very far from it natural ways but hey a lot better than before so big up that, if dats all d I can do then like I great ant-t always tell I say jus do your best. Dat how I got I last dog I had I cuzin could take good care of her so I took her in.

I a country man near big open fields and I would take I dogs for long walks off leash and they would always leave me and go do their thing sumtime I would have to trick dem back in d yard they would rather stay out but a come back later but that was like da happiest time for them when they were loose on dey own.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I