Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3609&start_row=1

Poor Bred Dog

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/30/2009 3:49:12 PM

I saw a documentary recently talking about poor ("pure") bred dogs. The people in that industry are so wicked.

They have a standards book that talks about what aspects different breeds of dogs should have to be considered "perfect", and are required for the dog to be fit for competition.

The documentary showed several different types of poor bred dogs and also showed what they used to look like over 100 years ago. The weird looking dogs that can be seen in those shows used to look like normal dogs. They each had there own uniqueness, but overall they looked like a fairly normal dog.

Many of the standards for poor bred dogs are genetic diseases that can afflict those dogs. For example, one type of dog that is called a ridge back has a disease that causes it's spine to stick out a bit so that the shape of it under the skin can be seen. Another issue that comes with this disease is that there are tiny holes in the skin along the spine of the dog that make an easy pathway for bacteria to travel to the spinal cord. German shepherds are bred with a disease that deforms their rear legs, so that they are bent and weak to a point where they can't walk properly, they look like an injured dog. Also, a few different types of dogs whose faces appear squished in were bred so that dogs with defects that caused the deformity in the face were inbred so that that feature would continue, and generation after generation when the disease became worse, they would inbreed those dogs until they reached the extreme that they are today. Those kind of dogs often have breathing and other types of problems. One type of dog that was bred would sometimes get a disease where their skull is too small for their brain, so they continually have a very severe migraine headache and go through intense suffering for years until they eventually die.

These devils who make those poor bred dogs are so evil that when a dog is born that is free from disease, they kill the dog, or some of them will castrate the dog so that the Life of that healthy dog can't continue. All the breeders interviewed continued to justify their wickedness and said that their diseased dogs are the way the dog is naturally supposed to look, and they say that the healthy dogs are imperfect.

People in this world deal such wickedness and find all kind of ways to make themselves feel better about their evil, so that they can accept it and ignore Judgment. They can't get away from Judgment and it will find them in due time.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 7/3/2009 8:36:46 AM

Those show dog owners who have to have the pure bred dogs do not care about the dogs as much as they care about the image a pure bred dog gives them. They look good if their dog is show quality, and so they only want show quality. The puppies of these dogs are sold for so much money as well, yet are more prone to all kind of disease.
It is all vanity really.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/9/2009 8:30:56 PM

I found the documentary I was Reasoning about, it is called "Pedigree Dogs Exposed"

Here is a link:

Pedigree Dogs Exposed

Here are some pictures that show how much they have manipulated some of these dogs in only 100 years.

Bulldog Skull

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/6/2014 9:58:50 PM

What they have done to dobermans was mentioned in another Reasoning, it made I think of this.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/6/2014 10:23:41 PM

I Always dealt wit dogs and always thought d Ridgeback was jus hair growing d opposite way never knew it was spinal disease! I call dem d false version of d real thing, they are jus look a likes. Dem dogs had a purpose usually as workers so what they looked like didn't matter as much as how they performed but would still carry a general look. Iman man was a PitBull man and no not show Dogs, performance bred dogs but couldn't do dat anymore. Those dogs would give their last breath to accomplish their task, unwavering tenacity! Shame when I see what people been making them out to become tho some would say worst about their intended purpose and wat I was into wit dem but I admired and admire their spirit! One thing tho performance bred dogs usually carry a more capable look to them and are a lot healthier than the immitation show type of which is usually a crossbreed but there are still plenty of breeders of "true pure bred" working dogs.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/7/2014 11:23:25 AM

The domestic dog ITSELF is a carbon version of the wolf which uman over centuries bred the most docile and obeying. Dem a play God with nature

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_domestic_dog

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 6/7/2014 12:33:45 PM

Show dog owners are rarely even the primary caregiver, so the irresponsibility just starts at breeding, they hand them off to somebody else like race horses. The term "pure bred" is a joke and revolves around inbreeding and strengthening recessive genes. InI make my living working with dogs and the things perpetrated by "dog lovers" disgusts me.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/7/2014 1:00:11 PM

True true Iyahs, I was a dog "lover" but placed them in harmful situations at times which I to stop. It's supm what a lil manipulation of gene selection can create by human playin "god", those bulldog and bull-n-terrier "breeds" had jus about all of their survival instinct when it comes to a scrarrell bred out of dem so asto never retreat in facing certain death mainly for mans wicked pleasure.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/8/2014 11:33:11 AM

Yes I. These things are tragic atrocities against nature and against those animals suffering the pain of these inbred extreme characteristics.
Iwombman was just thinking today about the idea of owning pets and providing veterinary medisin. How do the I's feel about these things?
I have never been a pet person for a number of reasons, and one of them is that I know I would not be willing to take the animal to the vet. I feel that owning pets in general in unnatural, and taking animals to doctors and groomers is even less so. And if I had $12,000, which can be a normal vet surgery bill from what I hear, Iwombman would be using that money to improve the human situation in the world, not making sure that my pet Fifi lives two more years.
Iwombman am not debating the idea of having animals for purposed use which is an entirely different subject. Just the idea of having an animal to follow the I around, sit on laps, etc.
It has been shown to improve health and emotional wellness to spend time with a pet, and from having pets as a child I can see how.
But as an adult, I care more about a clean home. I am too particular about dog hairs on the rug, etc., and I know I would see the animal as an inconvenience to my home's upkeep.
I love animals, truly. But for these reasons I do not think I&I should own a pet: not feeling that it is natural to confine an animal's living or hunting habits, not feeling I would be responsible to take the pet to the vet, feeling that there are better uses of resources, and feeling that a smile and a hug from a human child is even better than a cat sitting in Iwombman lap anyway.
What do I&I say? Do the I's see benefits of owning a pet that I do not see?
More love and RASpect blessed I.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/8/2014 2:20:50 PM

What's wrong with having a pet?

Haile Selassie I Loves animals. Haven't the I heard of Selassie's dog Lulu?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I