Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=358&start_row=1

what is rasta?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: seeking Sent: 6/11/2004 8:27:20 AM

Blessings ...

I am asking lots of questions ... please be patient with I ..

What is RASTA really? I overstand that it is a way of life, but what else is fundamental to it? Is it the smoking of ganja, or the overstanding that InI exist in Jah, as Jah exists in InI? Oneness ...

Could I for instance say I am RASTA, when I don't read and believe the 'truth' in the Bible? And can I still be RASTA if I don't proclaim Haile Selassie I as Lord of Lords, King of Kings, His Imperial Majesty?

Do we have to do something to be RASTA? Or is it the way we live?

Love to All

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/11/2004 9:32:49 AM

RasTafarI is the example of Haile Selassie I. And RasTafarI has a lot of aspects to it, the different aspects can be seen in the different reasonings of RasTafarI people.

Selassie I glories in the Bible. So in I sight, RasTafarI people also glory in the Bible. Because if I and I take on His name, then I and I should also Live by His example.

Other people say differently, but I say that RasTafarI people must proclaim Haile Selassie I as King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah because this is who RasTafarI is. That is a very fundamental part of I and I trod, recognizing who RasTafarI is.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: ras maxim Sent: 6/11/2004 2:07:55 PMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 6/12/2004 6:43:01 AM

ras maxim, why do U call Uself a "Ras" then, if U think that RastafarI is soooo foolish and things...?????

so U judge bout IandI ? don't U know that U're judging Uself when U judge others ? <- that is wicked .... not IandI !!

Messenger: seeking Sent: 6/12/2004 11:59:17 AM

This is really not as simple as it seems ... I am finding that the most fundamental aspect of RASTA is InI, to my understanding of course.

I also sight that there are many who see Haile Selassie I as HIM, Lord of Lords and King of Kings. But what does that mean? Does that mean that we see him as the second coming of Jah?

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 6/12/2004 12:14:33 PM

every Rasta see Haile Selassie I as HIM.
...the second what ?

-> returned Yeshuah Ha Masheach, God and the hola Irit in one flesh and blood

Messenger: seeking Sent: 6/12/2004 12:33:01 PM

see .. I don't know these things ... therefore the I ask ...

second coming ... as in the second coming of Jah ... like the first coming (human embodiment of God) was Jesus Christus ...

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 6/12/2004 2:03:06 PM

"therefore the I ask ..."

I am "the I", if you say "the I" to me.

instead of "you / U" we say "the I" to another rasta.
but I don't know if you're rasta, so I say to you "you", because in my oppinion "U" is negativ and "the I" is positiv, and "you" is in the middle. not negativ and not positiv. I dont know the english word for this. in german it is "neutral".

I-man say "U" to people that I dont like very much, and I say "the I" to people that I raspect as rasta and who I also like. "you" is to everyone. not neg. and not pos.

but this is just how it is for I. so others may see this in another way.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 6/12/2004 2:05:43 PM

Greetings I

Haile Selassie I is prophecised as being the Same Isus Christ in this Endtime. Check your bible, Revelation reveals, all prophecies fulfill!

There are different oppinions and views... I say HIM is the Almighty God in Flesh. That is how he is prophecised... and so it is!

Selah

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 6/12/2004 2:06:47 PM

Alex... are you a bit confused?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I