Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3567&start_row=11

Willing Failure, Willing Weakness

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: DURU Sent: 8/19/2013 10:42:35 AM

blessed to all

yes I, ark I give thanks for clarification regarding your first post, but by being "stubborn on faith to resist doubt "will never destroy any doubt but will only be covered by believes and to maintain doubt underneath is by having faith, in that point I agree, but that won't destroy any doubt nor faith can redeem, as I explained, I think doubt is even better than faith because faith has nothing to do with truth, truth is just truth no faith is needed for that, and for sure faith or believe can stop knowing the truth, but doubt can lead to truth because by doubting the search is on and when truth is found doubt will simply vanish with out resistance and faith is not needed for that.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/19/2013 9:30:06 PM

For people that don't know Irits, it is not surprising that they would equate faith with belief.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/19/2013 11:26:34 PM

When it comes to gaining knowledge about a subject, I definitely make use of doubt, so that I do more research and filter the falseness to reveal the truth.  When it comes to The Irits, I use doubt to filter out the Mystics from that which is not, but I never put any doubt in I Faith in the Most High Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I.

I started Trodding RasTafarI way in 1991, and before I saw evidence of the Blessings, Guidance and Protection resulting from I Faith in the Most High God Haile Selassie, I built up I Faith and didn't cover doubt, but burned it away.  After some time I Faith grew, and I started to see more and more Mystics, and saw the Results of I Faith in Haile Selassie I.

I Empress doesn't have Faith as Strong as mine, but her Faith greatly increased throughout the years because she witnessed the Mystics of Haile Selassie I that resulted in the Faith that I Trod with.  She has seen enough Mystics to know that it is Real and True.

Here is just one example of what she has seen

Haile Selassie I provides for I and I, never worry

To people like I and I, hearing faithless people try to convince I and I of doubt is nothing more than an annoyance and waste.  It could never have an effect, because I and I have seen the Reality of Faith.  and the thing is, even before I and I saw the Reality of I and I Faith, it could have no effect, because I and I Faith started in Strength and Itinues in Strength.

Sight these words of Haile Selassie I, and see the Mind and Irits of Faith.

This, then, is the ultimate challenge. Where are we to look for our survival, for the answers to the questions which have never before been posed?

We must look, first, to Almighty God, Who has raised man above the animals and endowed him with intelligence and reason. We must put our faith in Him, that He will not desert us or permit us to destroy humanity which He created in His image.

And we must look into ourselves, into the depth of our souls. We must become something we have never been and for which our education and experience and environment have ill-prepared us. We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community.

Those who had attacked Us rejoiced in Our defeat and in Our tribulation. We trusted in the Lord. He gave Us Victory. Our Salvation is the Lord. Who here can fail to trust in God, whose judgments are all righteous and who fails not those who put their faith in Him. Has not the Lord, the mightier than mighty, once again revealed that under the Kingdom of Heaven no one Government of man is greater than another.

In order to make life worthwhile it is also necessary to acquire other things that can only come about after the acquisition of learning. Learning and technical training must be nurtured by faith in God, reverence for the human soul, and respect for the reasoning mind.

The true leader is one who realizes by faith that he is an instrument in the hands of God, and dedicates himself to be a guide and inspirer of the nobler sentiments and aspirations of the people.

When Jesus Christ was born from Virgin Mary, from that time on He lived an exemplary life, a life which men everywhere must emulate. This life and the faith which He has taught us assures us of salvation, assures us also of harmony and good life upon earth. Because of the exemplary character of the life of Jesus Christ it is necessary that all men do their maximum in their human efforts to see to it that they approximate as much as they can the good example that has been set by HIM.

I would tell a person who was considering the claim of Christ for the first time that it is necessary to have faith in the Almighty, that it is necessary to have love, and that it is necessary to conduct oneself in a manner that we have been taught to do in the Bible. 

I would also advise him to seek the secular knowledge, for the more one knows the more he realises the need for a prime mover, the need for a Creator, a Creator who is good, and the need for salvation and also for peaceful life upon earth.

I would also tell him to learn and to think for himself the ways he would serve the Lord. In this thought and in this undertaking of his he will inevitably find the way of serving his fellow men. For his faith would then be manifested by His conduct. If Christians behave in this way, if we dedicate ourselves to this fundamental task, then we will have a peaceful world and will be assured of not transgressing against the will and the Commandments of God.

There are many instances in my life where the belief in The Almighty and the Christian Faith have sustained me, times of troubles and difficulties. No matter what may befall a human being he can always succeed in overcoming it in time if he has the strength of faith and praise to God, for inevitably He comes to the assistance of those that believe in HIM and those that through their work live an exemplary life.

This goes not only for Christians in my view, but for all men. I think God communicates with those that find themselves in misfortune. In particular, when my country Ethiopia was invaded by aliens several years ago I was sustained in that period by my faith in God and in the abiding belief that justice, however it may take time, will ultimately prevail.

If I did not have faith in The Almighty and in His Righteousness and that justice inevitable prevails, then I would have lost hope and thus the interests of my country would have been ignored. Because I attempted to maintain my faith in HIM and because all Ethiopians maintained their faith in the ultimate goodness of the world and in the grand design that The Almighty has for all men in the world, we were able to victoriously re-enter our country and rid ourselves of evil forces.

If I did not have in my heart the love of God I don't think I would have acted in a manner that I did. The love of God brings a sense of religiousness in a human being, it gives him comfort for the future and assurance that right cause will ultimately prevail.

When We went to England and lived there, We relied on God and counted on the assistance of the English people and did not need any protector for Our life. Our faith in God was firm, and Our belief remained certain that one day, in his righteous judgement, He would bestow victory on Us. Although We were the leader of 15 million people, to achieve the goal of Our mission, We used to appear in various places where many people were gathered to explain about the yoke of misery that had fallen on my country and people. 

Because of the invasion of my country by Italy . . . [it is] four years to the day since I left Ethiopia, [but] my faith never wavered that the time would come when my country would avenge the crimes inflicted on her. That time has come today. 

We emerged from the airplane and stepped on the soil of Our country after five years of separation . . . We said, "death is better than captivity, and to be exiled is better than surrendering one's own country. One who perseveres in his faith, shall see his hope fulfilled. Likewise, I have come back to you, my country, after a long odyssey, which took me to the skies, on the oceans, and across the wilderness." I walked a little distance on the sand, reached the place where the flag was to be flown, and hoisted the Ethiopian flag with due honors. The ceremony was accompanied by a guard-of-honor and military music.

As Ethiopia's faith reposes in God, she knows that God's judgement will prevail over that of man. New weapons and guns which man has devised to destroy his kind are not a mark of civilization.

Anyway, strength and mutual trust are two indispensable qualities for achieving the common goal. Even if there is strength, the common ground of mutual confidence must be established. To establish this, we must work diligently. Once we are able to do what is humanly possible, the rest could be left to the Almighty God. So that man whom He has created in his own image may not be destroyed, let us repose our faith in God.

Our own Church is as ancient as our faith, and her history is replete with accounts of the unswerving faith of our people, the inspiring heroism of our martyrs, the Holiness of our saints. The history of our nation has always been closely related to the history of our Church. and the Church has been both the rallying point and the inspirer of our national unity.

Once a person has decided upon his life work and is assured that in doing the work for which he is best endowed and equipped, he is filling a vital need, what he then needs, is faith and integrity, compiled with courageous spirit so that no longer preferring himself to the fulfilment of his task, he may address himself to the problems he must solve in order to be effective.

If each and everyone endeavours to cooperate and work in as much as his capacity permits, our faith rests upon the Almighty God that he would bless the results for us.

At last, the work willed by God has been accomplished, and He has given Our independent nation a Church, endowed with authority, which ranks among the free churches of the world. This accomplishment, which has taken place during Our reign, constituted a matter of pride for Us as well as for Our people. The monarchs of Our ancestry earnestly desired and hoped to witness this event; and God has enabled Us to see realized the hope, strengthened by faith.

In this noble task, may the Almighty grant you faith, courage, tolerance and understanding to crown your efforts with His glory and success.

In order faithfully to discharge this heavy responsibility, you must be men who love your nation and people, men of integrity and clear conscience, combining patience and humility. Be unswerving in your loyalty to your country which has given you so much and to which so much is due. Place your faith and trust in Almighty God; for, without His assistance and guidance, man is but a weak and puny creature.

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I