Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3540&start_row=21

RastafarI women

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 5/27/2009 6:26:13 PM

Greetings Loved Ones
Its a blessing to re-surface to these iyah ights after a very long absence! I pray JAH has kept all the I them in good physical and iritual health. Its even more of a blessing to read through this fire reasoning, word sound power Sistren and Brethren! An Empresses position is defined by the context and perspective - who is speaking to/about the Royal Daughter and what informs their perspective on the Empress. Much distortion has been written about the Rastafari Empress by them who nah know but have the power to publish their ignorance a truth. Its up to I n I to represent I Self and speak our truth because no one can ever fully capture One's ixperience apart from the One who live it - who feels it knows it.
Regarding how I n I articulate our various identities on the daily, well Empress Yaa sights interesting complexes within females. There are certainly many different types of Delilahs and as the I sight there is a trait of something in someone.
Insofar as polygamous marriages go - that is complex; while women do sometimes form sisterhoods and can work to build a strong home together or protect each other from having children with an unwanted husband as is the case with the Meru in Kenya; there is also the other end when sisters don't get along. There is alot of in-fighting, suspicion and accusations of witchcraft for all kinds of reasons.
This is a fire topic and as its as much about the Empress as it is about the Kingman as there must be balance in things; as Alpha and Omega in I Father and I Mother.
Give thanks for the Word Sound, Praise be to Mama Omega, Mama (H)Earth, Selassie I.
Bless

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 5/27/2009 10:10:37 PM

If anything, it is the residues of Eurocentric thinking, probably acquried through a reading of the bible, which has anti-woman quotes, and a Judeo-Christian approach to Rastafari also.

The liberation comes forward when Man and Woman come to know their Self as exactly that, Man and Woman, and not human beings.

From that self-realisation, they return to their orignial Itiopian state of being and know that before the ones were in slavery, we were a Matriarchical society and not a Patriarchical, as the west and the bible show us. Traditional African (Not islamised or kristianised africa) society is the true Matriarchical society, and true Rastafari know that.

Why? Because His Majesty Haile Selassie I know and IS that. The Man come forward to return Etiopia to its former and new glory, and dash away the white men foolosophia.

Conclusion is that ones who think women are inferior, unwise, too emotional to take part in reasonings, and so forth, are speaking and believing falsity, and lack of knowledge of Self (which Haile Selassie I teach). SO, whether one is BoBO, EWF, or Nyah, and one is subscribing to that idea (.. and that is not uncommon, as i have heard those 1s talk in ALL houses), as one Empress say, one is under MIND CONTROL, and still a SLAVE OF EUROCENTRIC CONDITION who needs to overstand that Rastafari is Liberation from the Slavemaster culture.

I myself will meekly and honestly admit to subscribing to that belief, because other Rases elder than I would tell me such, that woman not supposed to teach, not supposed to climb hill, not supposed to speak in reasonin, and things of that nature, and would justify with the bible, and things that His Majesty say, like the one where Jah say that ' woman can overcome their natural weakness" and they say " the I see it? the woman is naturally weak".

In my view, Ras Kebre, or JahBird, or any Amharic speaking Ras should find that original speech (an Education one) and translate it to know what Jah really say (yet in I self i already know what Jah mean)

Fire burn all weakheart Eurocentric frame of mind and state of being, FIRE PON ROME AND BABYLON, REPATRIATION IS A MUST,RETURN TO AFRICA, WITHIN AND WITHOUT

HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 6/7/2009 5:39:18 PM

Greetings and peace to all, i humbely applologize for not returning soon back to the post. Most wonderful Rasponse really blessed.

I have tried to put the film on you tube but still no luck because it's a big file. i'll find a way.
Give thanks Far I sight i'll try and do that.

Jah RastafarI.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/2/2011 8:33:47 PM

after reading this post of great reasoning I recieved these word od King Selassie I:

From Education speech:

"If women develop in education, they can overcome the natural weakness and serve their country as men do."

I feel Womban have inner strength that has been neglected due to satins working......

I feel Womban can and will be prophets and seers and leaders of RastafarI and mankind.

When we put limits on others we are also limiting ourselves.
JAHS GLORY CAN BE FOUND IN ALL, MAN OR WOMBAN

With the right conditions a plum tree becomes a plum tree
In the right conditions roses bloom
and in the right conditions a Man or Woman becomes a Rasta.

may INI be conditioned by JAH and HIS Grace alone.

Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 12/14/2013 9:56:58 PM

everything the I say is true

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/15/2013 6:39:37 AM

The woman is a god. Man isn't the head of any house only the roman house, bun that bible scripture. A joint union and rule. Jeremiah 7:18: the queen of heaven. Alpha and omega. Can't separate the two. Woman is god

Messenger: jah jeff Sent: 12/16/2013 3:14:18 PM

Rasta women are beautiful women too!I love you!

Messenger: Levite I Sent: 2/5/2014 7:41:09 PM

Nothing more joyous than sighting a Dawta deh ya road and she a hold her modesty, intellect, class and see say His Majesty and Empress Menen preserve she...is a beautiful iperience.

But a virtuous woman is hard to find ina dis dispensation, and ones turning to Fari is but a few

Qedamawi I

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/6/2014 10:35:12 AM

Raising up in a Christian home, I probably come to this subject with biases also. However, from knowing iself, I know that I am a submissive wombman. I desire leadership from a Kingman who knows JAH and has the strength to lead a family in righteousness. And to that righteous source of guidance, I&I gladly humble iself and follow instruction.
The flipside is that many men want to be leaders, but have no idea which direction to steer. And this is where wombman has to be strong and have discretion to know which man is a controller and which is a righteous leader.
I&I also have a strong voice, metaphorically speaking, and often receive word from JAH to share with others. If the words come to I through the spirit of JAH, how can I neglect to share them? So wombman must be able to speak and teach just as man is able.
The purpose of a Rastawombman is the same as the purpose of a Rastaman: LOVE and SERVE the Almighty, LOVE and SERVE each other, promote inity among all peoples, pray for the adversary to be abolished, share the light of JAH with everyone the I meets.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/6/2014 10:59:27 AM

Also, wombman need to grow her children up to overstand Rastafari and the importance of separating oneself from Babylon.
In growing up, I had no authority to keep I from wearing miniskirts, even TO church I was allowed to represent iself as a Babylonian, with no respect for the Godess JAH created Iwombman to be. This lack of instruction was a huge deterrent. And no disrespect to I&I single mother, she did the best she could, but her demeanor was not authoritative enough to tell I what to do and what not to do. This is why I see that a Rastaman and Rastawombman need to be partnered, not only to sharpen each other as iron, but also so that the stronger authority of I&I combined can rear the children correctly. Youth must have freedom, but not earlier than youth is ready for this RASponsibility.
Rastawombman need to be an example and a firm authority for her children, to guide them in the path of righteousness and overstanding iselves to be divine Ras Tafari, not Babylonian slaves and not a part of that corruption. This is probably the most important duty of a Rasta man or wombman, because I&I know that the children are the future.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I