Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=352&start_row=11

womyn and their presence in rasta ways

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: seeking Sent: 6/10/2004 5:55:02 AM

Rock and Ark I,

Greetings and grateful I am for I's response ... I am not always sure that what people say is what they say ... I iverstand that coming from different places, it is problematic for one to take anything for granted ... whether meaning, or another I's feelings ...

as regards livity ... I am slowly coming to iverstand what that means ... and forgive me if this sounds 'rude', but I often wonder about dogma and returning to THE religious texts ... if I and I overstand that it was man who wrote [some believe in the guidance of Jah/God], then surely some representations can be 'ambiguous'. For as we communicate we can't prevent someone else from thinking a particular way, even if we just mean what we write ..

I am just thinking ... I grew up in Anglican Christian ways and listened very religiously to God's word ... even tried to read the bible in one sitting at age 11 ... at this time in I's life though, I wonder about the use of the bible in authorising dominion over others, including 'blacks' and womyn ... as a result my reading of God's text remains uncomfortable at this point, for my sight doesn't allow as yet for the reading presented to me in Church...

What I sight and what I know is that all of Jah's creation is one ... and what I find difficult is humans' constant attempt at moving away from knowing that I and I is Jah ... it's not blasphemy ... it's truth ... at least mine ...

Peace ...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/10/2004 5:59:52 PM

Yes I, it is truth, but only for those that live by the example of Jah. That is the the thing that keeps us separate from One, if we don't heed the direction of Jah through the spirit of truth, and the example Jah has shown I and I through Haile Selassie I, Christ and others.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: seeking Sent: 6/11/2004 7:46:22 AM

Ark I,

At least you allow for various understandings of Jah ... I am not sure that all are so patient and understanding ... But then it doesn't really matter what others think .. it's what exists within the heart, and I's knowing ...

Peace to ya ...

Messenger: seeking Sent: 6/11/2004 8:35:58 AM

another question related to womyn: how would InI define RASTA womyn as? I know that it is only InI's perception, but I would like to hear it.

Do RASTA womyn smoke the holy herb?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/11/2004 8:57:33 AM

Greetings,

Many RasTafarI woman smoke herb, and some do not.

The only definition I have for RasTafarI woman, is the same definition that I have for RasTafarI man. Live for Jah, by the example of Jah, as One with Jah.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: seeking Sent: 6/12/2004 12:36:19 PM

I think it still bodders me that RASTA men (not all of them of course) are not respectful towards womyn ... that's why I ask ...

what are RASTA womyn supposed to do? Are they supposed to care for the children, restricted from working external to the home?

Or are they allowed to be independent thinkers, spiritual seekers, separate from their men (husbands) ...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/12/2004 6:42:52 PM

seeking, hear the words of Haile Selassie I

With regards to the boys, We are satisfied with the progress made. Our hope in this circumstance is partially fulfilled; but the prospect of Our female children is frightening. It is as if they die early and leave their parents childless; for as soon as they show some promise in their education, they are, either by their parents or of their own accord, married.

The money We spend on the girls' schools seems to be wasted because they leave before receiving enough knowledge. If this state of affairs continues, how can We reach the goal of public education for which We have planned and are planning?

Today, the women of the world are not content only to live as housewives. In most countries they are striving harder and harder for higher education so that they may participate in the civic duties of their community and nation. In time of war, women like men, have served their country and in some of them have fought side by side with the men against the enemy.

RasTafarI sees woman differently then many others. He encourages them to learn and bring forward works outside of the home. Many men who call themselves RasTafarI, don't read or know the teachings of RasTafarI, but they instead go by their own misunderstanding.

Look to Haile Selassie I to learn what RasTafarI is about. I and I are called by His name and live by His example.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 6/13/2004 11:44:01 PM

Blessed Love JAH RASTA FAR I

The bredrens here have spoken the words of the I-rator, JAH RASTA FARI. Give thanks and praises for that...

HEARTICALLY SISTREN< INI give thanks and praises for the quests. LOVE IS THE ONLY AIM Of Rasta....

Sista seeking......u will find. Rasta is being ur organic self, attaining the perfection that the Creator made in HIM Image...Read Geneisis 1.26..(to start, and ponder and know and wiseup)

MEN invented the concpet of gender, male and female. SO to define a rasta women is just division of what the creator JAH Rasta FAR I did not intent. Site? MAN is not genderized.....MAN is the spieces of living being. MAN is either male or female. REligion has blasphemed the TRUTH in language, written and spoken. All these words, which increase every year, are invented by man to "imporce" on what the Creator made perfect ? HAHHAH..... SIte where the confusion comes from?

I kingman sites to I that the head made the book , not the book the head....

The reality is sadly that many who hail themselves up as Rasta live still in a dark place of slavery downpressing one another as well as themselves. They have eyes that do not see and ears that do not hear. But Sistren, I eye is to keep clear before I can clean the eye of anyone self, site?

KNOW though that the ROOTS of RASTA is LIVITY......and it is not about fitting in, gaining acceptance, imitating other people, follwing a theology of man invention.....So make no never mind about what he others are doing... even if it is the majority.....MANY ARE CALLED FEW ARE CHOSEN>

No sista, it is heights that are perfect....beyond the downpression of law, rituals, routines.....that be RASTA, defined known and wiseup by the organic knowledge that the creator place within the i.

Rasta is ORGANIC...siting the flow and ways of NATURE, INI mother, manifesting SPIRIT, INI Father....

MAN can only create in conception, when spirit and nature meet to create LIFE, TEHY BECOME ONE when they make new life.....the seed is planted in the womb. Males posses the seed and females posses the soil and the nourishment to give birth. TOGETHER.....males cannot create alone nor can females. That is why often the I will site WOMBman. Be aware and not be frusturated by the worlds divison of spirit and nature with thier genderization of LIFE. Babylon depends on DIVISON to keep u enslaved to their desires of downpression.

Rasta livity is WHOLENESS, not division

LOVE, TRUE PERFECT LOVE (none of the oggly, kissy sexy sensuality) is the ONLY LAW to OBEY.

JAH RASTA FAR I
HAILE I SELASSIE I

Messenger: seeking Sent: 6/14/2004 6:21:21 AM

Nefertiti and Ark I

Blessings to both ... always ...

InI words are powerful and uplifting ... also encouraging ... There's lots of reflection in those words of this I and what I have sited. So I thank InI for words, overstanding and love ...

There are very powerful HUMANS here ...

InI give thanks

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/15/2004 8:47:17 AM

Yes I Nefertiti. That is why Jah warned I and I to not walk in the manners of the nations that are cast around I and I. Because they have committed all the abomination written of in the book. Jah people is a peculiar people, I and I have a different trod, the original trod.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I