Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3494&start_row=1

RootsTafarI

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 4/27/2009 3:22:21 AM

bless,

lately, i've been havin this restlessness ina i self. i donno wat it is but i just kept patience and said to myself, Jah will reveal it to me whatever it is. so i left it at dat. been in the irits for the past couple of days even during the times i had to be focused wit school work. (and university life is really starting to be a problem for me, more a sore on my side!)

anyway, i just felt lately dat my spirit was been tested but i'm not sure when or how so i wouldn't know if i failed 'the test.' all i know is dat my spirit was being tested. (any of you overs what i mean?)

i'm nearing exams;writing in 2 wks, but i somehow not interested in studying! i feel like it's some sort of punishment grabbing a book or something. i would find myself taking out a book to study and not even 5 minutes later i would close it and reach for the bible or this book on 'H.I.M teachings' dat i got from this other elder.. it's so bad now(or so good?!?) dat i even asked H.I.M to let me focus on school now and when i'm done i'll get back to H.I.M!

do i make sense?!?

this mornin i and i had some bit of a.. i donno wat to call it. some two min spiritual conflict (or wateva you wan call it) and some internal emotions burst out; not 'verbally' outing what i was feeling but this.. i can't explain it.. i have this urgency in myself like this need to really get away and be one with H.I.M, up on the hills(and it's been a while since i been there) or somewhere, i donno but just anywhere! like now.. but school..

i've reproached myself, i've prayed but i'm being drawn away from focusing on school to having this need to focus on H.I.M. and NOW..

pls share?

RootsTafarI

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/27/2009 5:48:07 AM

Blessed Love Princess...

Haha. I hear that anyway... 2 weeks before writing... and for some... strange reason... you have the need to get outta there. Quite normal.

Just stay with 7 times rise and fall... and the one two... do what u can, do ur best. Its all part of the works. Don't stress... but Ababa Jahnoy definitely wud be mad at thee I if thee I did use HIM as an excuse to be distracted from moving up with ur education.

If concentrating on HIM words and speeches and that... that wud even fire u into ur books more, I wud have thought.

I'm wondering if thee I is one of the young daughters that finds my chat boring... well, I hope thee I sight what I'm saying here. Not trying to bore... but u r going to feel this way at this point naturally. So, don't expect any more enthusiasm. U just have to do it for the completion of it now.

Where I'm from, there is a parable about the tortoise (just a character like Brer Rabbit, or something I guess). So, the tortoise was put into a pit for a 20 year sentence, where he sat serving out his time quietly. Until 2 weeks to go when he started to shout... "heeeey! somebody get me outta here!"

Love love and hugs! You can do it!! Mash them down and show Rome how InI get the full 10... and with finesse.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/27/2009 8:21:34 AM

Blessed love!

Yes I, it sounds normal to me. I know what you mean too lol. I was just up at uni in england, but I back home now, starting uni in Barbados in september, and looking forward to it!

It is true Selassie I would not want you to stop forwarding in education, I and I know how HIM felt about education.

But I bought a book just the other day called The Wise Mind of Emperor Haile Selassie I, it is published by the same publisher as My Life and Ethiopias Progress. It is a collection of HIM quotes, edited by HIH Prince Ermias Sahle Selassie. It is really good, it gives a quotes under categories such as education, international relations, religion, and such. But they have one section called advice to students! I will reach in my book and give you a quote of two which I may find helpful RootsTafarI. : )

"Choose the means by which you can best exercise self-control and self-discipline. In this, you are now possessed with the most important weapon of training...." (I LOVE THIS ONE, SO TRUE IYAH)

"A man who says 'I have learned enough and will learn no further' should be considered as knowing nothing at all."

"It is more the inward eye than the possession of eyesight, which is necessary for the acquisition of education."

NOW FROM THE EDUCATION CATEGORY:

"Education, work, and diligence are the main foundation of Our national existence"

"Education of the youth is the surest guarantee for a better life."

"Universities stand today as one of the most promising hope for constructive solutions to the problems that beset the modern world-problems which prevent the peaceful cooperation of nations, problems which threaten the world and humanity with death and disaster. From the universities must come men, ideas, knowledge, experience, technical skills and the deep humane understanding vital to fruitful relations among nations. Without these, world order, for which We have so long strived, cannot be established."

ALL QUOTES ARE OF H.I.M

Stand strong and discipline of mind Roots, study and do well in the exams, it will pay off, and you will look back and be glad that you did so. It is through education that we will itinue to forward.

Haile I! Holy I Selassie I Jah Ras Tafari!

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 4/27/2009 8:43:48 AM

Heart of Love, Ras I-Tom

Give thanks for the counsel the I gave the Princess, it is well blest, and the one advice the i love is the greatest, as discipline Jah show us is the key to spiritual power.

Now that the I is returning to the Carribean, the I now have the closer opportunity to visit BoBo Shanty Ingels in Zion Hill, or just on another island in the same region, and learn of the culture.

Jah bless the I them.

Love and Honour

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 4/29/2009 5:52:19 AM

bless,

no yaa i dont find your post boring. appreci-loved always. give thanks. i always stumble on these rasta websites and i save them onto my flash disk so i can read them when i get home since i dont have internet at home. anyway, so yesterday, instead of studyin.. AGAIN.. i was going through them all and i got this interesting thing from this other sistren that shed some light into what i was feeling. i wanted to post the quote but my flash wont open, for some reason. ill keep trying but anyway.. the sistren, i think its sistren ita, said

"the reason these well educated people cant find out why it is that students, especially those who're perceived as intelligent, change from taking in the herb is because it slows down the mind. not in a bad way but in a good way as it makes one sight things differently and that's why one would find that they prefer to be out into the hills instead being in town etc. they prefer to be 'one with nature..'"

along those lines.. when i read it i just laughed out loud coz i realised that thats exactly what i was feeling! remember id said i wanted to go into the hills with mi idren..

thank you all for your input coz its greatly appreci-loved.

selah!

Honorable RootsTafarI Selassie
(this just came to me yesterday; H.R.S)
(",)

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I