Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3467&start_row=31

Very interesting reading

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 4/23/2009 8:55:06 AM

This proves that they are all Eurocentric foolosophy

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/23/2009 10:43:22 AM

all of which got the people confuse now too. all these thigns got people straying further and further from the truth. dealing with all these philosophies. But Bob Marley already say GIVE US THE TEACHINGS OF HIS MAJESTY, WE DON'T WANT NO DEVIL PHILOSOPHY.

Haile I Selassie I!

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 4/23/2009 11:05:00 AM

bless

i always find it interesting how people can just believe in these cults that are just blatant lies..! for instance, the followers of the kabbalah, gnosticism, SCIENTOLOGY(are you kidding me?!?) and those poor souls who followed people like jim jones and david koresh. from the first time i heard about what these people believed in i was quick wit the fire on these cults. it just suprises me that other people can fall for such. tom cruise talking bout aliens and what not.. jumpin on couches etc.. but i shouln't be so quick to judge coz when i first read on the rosicrusian order i liked what they were talking bout but thanks to ark i's comment, i decided to dig further deep and realised that the wolf can have real talk. it's always nice to reason. (",)

RootsTafarI

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 4/23/2009 11:18:02 AM

bless

here's what i found out on..

Gnosticism is a philosophical and religious movement which started in pre-Christian times. The name is derived from the Greek word "gnosis" which literally means "knowledge." However, the English words "Insight" and "enlightenment" capture more of the meaning of "gnosis." It is pronounced with a silent "G" (NO-sis). Gnosticism is not factual, intellectual, rational knowledge, such as is involved in mathematics and physics; that would have been more accurately represented by the Greek world "episteme." Rather, Gnosticism involves the relational or experiential knowledge of God and of the divine or spiritual nature within us. A visitor to this web site wrote: "...we believe that gnosis-knowledge requires ultimate transcendence of the merely intellectual to be actualized." 1

Gnostics believe that they have secret knowledge about God, humanity and the rest of the universe of which the general population was unaware. It became one of the three main belief systems within 1st century Christianity, and was noted for four factors by which differed from the two other branches of Christianity:

1. Novel beliefs about Gods, the Bible and the world which differed from those of other Christian groups.
2. Tolerance of different religious beliefs within and outside of Gnosticism.
3. Lack of discrimination against women. Although Jesus treated women as equals, and Paul mostly did the same, the other Christian belief systems started to oppress women in later generations.
4. A belief that salvation is achieved through relational and experiential knowledge.

++personally, i like the third point best. tsk tsk (",)++

In the words of The contemporary Gnostic Apostolic Church, humanity needs to be awakened and brought "to a realisation of his true nature. Mankind is moving towards the Omega Point, the Great day when all must graduate or fall. This day is also the Day of Judgment in that only those who have entered the Path of Transfiguration and are being reborn can return to the Treasury of Light." 2

The movement and its literature were essentially wiped out before the end of the 5th century CE by Catholic heresy hunters and the Roman Army. Its beliefs are currently experiencing a rebirth throughout the world, triggered in part by the discovery of an ancient Gnostic library at Nag Hammadi, Egypt in the 1940s, and the finding of the Gospel of Judas at El Minya, Egypt, in the 1970s.

got info from religioustolerance.org

stay blessed,
RootsTafarI (",)

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/23/2009 6:06:41 PM

Greetings...

I would never call Kabbalists or Gnostics a cult, it would be the same way people put Rastafari in the cult box without overstanding the true foundations of such things. Kabbalists were Jewish mystics of old, no? I'm not trying to endorse the modern "cool to hang with peoples that talk about Kabbalah or whatever is going on these days." I think what teachings Kabbalist elders imparted are no longer readily available, however, there have been Kabbalist books written from anciency that do contain great wisdom, there's no reason to burn Kabbalah as a whole.

I also think that the word Gnostic is loosely tossed around when many don't overstand the peoples writing much of our Ible were probably steeped in Gnosticism. I didn't disagree with anything in the article that RootsTafarI posted, and I think that we've been granted much by what Gnosticism was (far more than a cult). Figures Rome trys to stamp out something they don't feel they can control. Again, whatever modern Gnostic movement or whatever is going on these days is on their own thing.

Furthermore, Jim Jones and David Korresh, were psychopaths preying on whatever gullible or weakminded peoples they could find, finally they both turned on their own Selves, Self-Destruction. And scientology.....flip that....it's based on a science fiction novel!?!?!

but then again, I was watching "Coping With Babylon" (anyOne see this..Rastafari Movement kind of documentary Dvd), and they had this man, I forget his name, who has a Rastafarian school of vision, or a name similar to that, and as I recall he was talking about His Majesty coming down in a flying saucer to take Ones to Zion. It was scarry to I, really, the man even had an Itrait of His Majesty in the background on a flying saucer. Now who knows how deep the teaching goes at the vision school, but personally I'd rather see Rastafari people linking with Gnosticism, which in many ways they do by themSelves, than talking about saucers taking I away to where?!?

Selam

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 4/24/2009 9:26:03 AM

bless

Kabbalah and the Supernatural
There has always been a religion for the masses, for the ordinary, average person who was satisfied with general rules and regulations. So long as he could safely follow a pattern which more or less gave sense to his life and answered what (for lack of a better term) were called his spiritual needs, he found fulfillment in his faith, and happiness.

But there were others to whom this type of faith was insufficient and, therefore, unsatisfactory. It lacked depth and true meaning. Nevertheless, they were also aware that the profound knowledge they really craved was beyond the grasp of man's limited intelligence. Only by mystical vision and ecstatic experience could they approach, and in some exceptional cases, actually attain and preserve this state.

They were conscious that the majority of people were unable to follow and understand them and the fact that their pursuit and preoccupation carried tremendous mental and spiritual dangers.

Such "esoteric" groups with their carefully guarded secrets existed in various ancient cultures.

All esoteric knowledge, of course, was far beyond the grasp of the uninitiated. Its daring speculations would at best be totally misunderstood by them and, at worst, would cause confusion in their minds. From the very beginning, therefore, the exceptional men who steeped themselves in this type of search and mystical contemplation did not reveal it to outsiders. Their refusal to do so was not prompted by false intellectual and spiritual pride nor by the wish to create an exclusive, power-wielding circle of initiates.

Naturally, those who had acquired the rare and precious insight did not want to see it wasted. To keep it for themselves, therefore, would have defeated the very purpose of their dangerous pioneering mission. So sharing the revelation they had received with those able to absorb it, became to them a sacred duty. Hence the mystic scholars, with great care and caution, selected those they regarded as worthy and ready to have the message revealed to them, thereby to become a link in that chain transmitting the heritage of esoteric tradition.

To "receive" in Hebrew is called kabal. The volume of mystical knowledge handed from one generation to another became thus known as Kabbalah, a term which could be rendered as "receiving" and "tradition." But in its specific meaning, it referred exclusively to the carefully transmitted profound mystical insight. The Kabbalah taught that the Bible, apart from the literal meaning of its text, had deep occult meaning, contained in each of its words and letters. To interpret Scripture "in (mystical) depth" was the hallowed task of the Kabbalist!

To begin with, the speculations of the Kabbalah had been taught orally, because of their very nature and danger of their falling into wrong hands. But they were eventually recorded, through fear of their getting lost. They became the contents of some significant works. These included The Book of Creation, The Alphabet of Rabbi Akiba, and The Book of Splendor or the Zohar which, in fact, has been called "the Bible of Mysticism." Other manuscripts of similar kind were discovered among the Dead Sea Scrolls.

The knowledge of the Kabbalah and certain of its most treasured details, however, remained the exclusive property of some few individuals who claimed the special gift of mystical intuition. They further developed the occult message they had received and became experts in supernatural art and practice. Greatly revered, they were at times looked upon as "wonder workers." But as was only to be expected under the circumstances, the secret lore presented a fruitful field for abuse as well. Unscrupulous men exploited it and took advantage of it for their own enrichment and power.

The Kabbalah was assiduously studied by many mystics and searchers after supernatural wisdom, no matter of which faith. It helped them in their exploration and possible application of the profound secrets of existence. The Kabbalah has proved a truly rewarding source for devoted study and has left also its deep imprint on the art and teaching of the occult.
See Also:
Kabbalah
paranormal

Taken From: Webster's World Encyclopedia 2002. Published by Webster Publishing, 2000. Copyright Webster Publishing, and/or contributors.

RootsTafarI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I