Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3415&start_row=11

IS drinking alcohol against the teachings of rastafari?

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Humble Rasta Sent: 3/19/2009 4:14:51 AM

InI personally dont drink alcohol.
I quit a while ago after reasoning wit ada rastaman.some of dem were saying dat they drink some brew dat InI forgot da name of.some were saying dat they dont drink atall.
Every I should know and do know dat alcohol is not condoned by His Majesty but InI guess dats its a personal choice for some I's.
InI know of a rastaman who shouts at ada rastaman (when da I gets drunk) who tell him dat is not da way of His Majesty-to drink.
I personally daan judge rastaman who drink.InI also quit smoking da herb as there are ada ways to take da herb.

Rastafari Ibarakatchihu!!!

Messenger: rootz Sent: 3/24/2009 3:55:47 AM

bless

yes humble one there are other ways of taking the herb. smokin it is actually bad for the lungs. ther's some thread that actually talked bout this a while ago but i can't remember what topic it was. i always surround myself with people who are positive influences to me so that i don't get tempted to go back to the babylon way of doing things. it's a bit of a urgggh dat my kingman has no problem with da alcohol. i always try to get him to quit. also, i always try to iducate him to use alternate methods of taking the herb. i should get some material for him to read..

SELAH!

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 3/24/2009 6:56:04 AM

Yes rootz, blessed love.

I and I am who started that thread a while ago. I was posing the question of whether the smoking of ganja is a defilement.

Now thanks to the others, I and I overstood that it is not a defilement, spiritually, or physically.

Now I sight that it can be a defilement, depending on how the person is using the herb. I and I always tell people herb is not a drug, however if one uses it like a drug it will affect you like a drug.

The smoke of ganja actually brings out toxins from within the lungs, it is completely different to normal smoke, or poisonous smoke such as cigarettes.

Peter Tosh once said ganja is made by a divine creator, and is to be used for divine purposes. This is true. Many use ganja recreationally and call it spiritually, but ones have to really overstand that ganja works with the irits, to rise one higher.

He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.
He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart. Psalm 104

It is Jah who water the earth to let all the herbs grow.

You will also see the way in which the people used wine in the days of old in this psalm. Now as Ark I said, wine can be drank moderately and ones irits may recover, however wine plays no part in RasTafari because I and I livicate ourselves unto Selassie I at all times. However the way that society abuses alcohol is not the way people used to drink alchohol in the days of old. It was to make the heart glad, not to get drunk. The alcohol that is sold today is not even anything like that which was drank in the days of old.

Many also use the fact that Christ drank alcohol to justify themselves drinking. Now it is not something that needs justifying, it is ones choice, once one drinks in moderation. However I and I sight that Christ was not drinking because he wanted to drink with the people. Christ was doing the works of Jah, Christ came to sit will all. Christ came to gather up the lost sheep.

Peter Tosh also said, remember ganja is created, ganja is no evolution. lol. it is true too.

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: Humble Rasta Sent: 3/31/2009 4:46:36 AM

I managed to quite easily through da grace of His Majesty-both alcohol and smoking da herb.
da king is also trying to quite smoking da herb...Ises to His Majesty!

Jah Rastafari

Messenger: ras menelik Sent: 4/4/2009 6:12:17 AM

INI NEVER DRINK ALCOHOL EVER IN INI LIFE BECAUSE INI FOUND IT POISINOUS AND DANGEROUS FOR MAN. ALCOHOL DESTROYS THE CONSCIOUSNESS AND MAKE MAN A FOOL.INI SEEK WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE AND IVERSTANDING NO FOOLISHNESS. BLESSED IS THE ONE WHO MEDITATE ABOUT THE MOST HIGH DAY AND NIGHT WHO DON`T LOSSE THE IMAGE OF HIS MAJESTY HAILE SELASSIE I.

Messenger: Humble Rasta Sent: 4/5/2009 8:49:18 AM

Ises!

Messenger: pamatny Sent: 10/25/2010 4:42:36 AM

Yes brothers you are the people I would like to hang out with. Here in Poland if one doesn't drink a lot is kicked out of the whole society! And alcohol lets one accept the negative deeds that are boosted by it's evil influence. So why do people drink if this makes them dizzy, negative and spiritually destroyed. Such things make them accept babylon evil ways. They are blind not free. Every time I go to a party I see people like :< and they barely stand on their feet and staying positive (yes and it's cool for them to be like that - there is no happiness, consciousness). Bless to you my brothers and include me in your prayers, because here where I live even rastas drink a lot. Selassie JAH RASTAFARI!!!!

Messenger: IDread Sent: 10/28/2010 8:10:38 PM

I too find Iself in a place where drinking is accepted and encouraged widely. Although it is likely that Poland takes its drinking a bit more seriously, British universities are notorious for drunkeness and plenty of I fellow students drink some excessive ammounts on a daily basis.

Thankfully I've been blessed with friends here who accept that Iman a Rastaman and don't deal in such things any more and don't seriously try to pressure I into drinking. Still, not all people take that view and some don't accept or even trust I because I don't drink along with them. I've heard that some think I stay sober to try and take advantage of drunk girls which of course couldn't be further from the truth. They just lack overstanding of I trod.

As a man whos had problems with drinking in the past I feel the story of how I decided to take alcohol out of I life might help the I. Even after Iman sight Rastafari I still drank a beer or a cider from time to time, albeit at a seriously lower level than before. Still the temptation was there and on a couple of occasions I lost control and drank too much like I used to. After that I made the decision to burn it out for good. It is not good for the Livity and although it might be true that the occasional drink in moderation might not do any serious harm, the temptation to take it too far is always there and the only way to avoid it is to remove alcohol completely.

Bless the I for staying strong though pamatny. Trust I when I say I know the feeling.

Blessed love.

Messenger: blackmaria3 Sent: 11/11/2010 6:55:34 AM

BLESSED LOVE
alcohol comes with babylon, and you can mix babylon with JAH , Ises come with JAH so R7/x if doesn't come with JAH... FIRE BURN

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I