Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3413&start_row=1

Wisdom Teeth

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 3/7/2009 4:10:03 PM

Im supposed to get my wisdom teeth out this Wednesday, but they don't hurt my mouth at all (at least not yet). Is this Babylon taking advantage of me?

Here is something it says on wikipedia:

Preventive removal of the third molars is a common practice in developed countries despite the lack of scientific data to support this practice. In 2006, the Cochrane Collaboration published a systematic review of randomized controlled trials in order to evaluate the effect of preventative removal of asymptomatic wisdom teeth.[8] The authors found no evidence to either support or refute this practice. There was reliable evidence showing that preventative removal did not reduce or prevent late incisor crowding. The authors of the review suggested that the number of surgical procedures could be reduced by 60% or more.

Likewise, ClinicalEvidence published a summary,[9] largely based on the Cochrane review, that concluded prophylactic extraction is "likely to be ineffective or harmful." The website offered the following details:

While it is clear that symptomatic impacted wisdom teeth should be surgically removed, it appears that extracting asymptomatic, disease-free wisdom teeth is not advisable due to the risk of damage to the inferior alveolar nerve.

Some non-RCT evidence suggests that the extraction of the asymptomatic tooth may be beneficial if caries are present in the adjacent second molar, or if periodontal pockets are present distal to the second molar.

Studies showed that dentists graduated from different countries or even from different dental schools in one country[10], may have different clinical decisions regarding third molar removal for the same clinical condition. For example, dentists graduated from Israeli dental schools may recommend more often for the removal of asymptomatic impacted third molar than dentists graduated from Latin-American or Eastern European dental schools.[11]

What do Ones think of this? Does anyone know about dental stuff?

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 3/7/2009 8:46:14 PM

RastafarI
Yes Iyah, I can only speak for I, I did not have my wisdom teeth removed and they came in fine. I think it was thought many years ago that they would crowd the mouth. it is preference to the dentist I think more than anything. for the money perhaps for preventative perhaps, i would ask the dentist to show the I the xray and see if the teeth will harass or crowd the existing teeth in the surounding area. If it is not broken why try and fix it. I do not know your dental situation but I do know they will draw up a dental plan that can cost thousands of dollars. The Medical profession is an industry as well as a business, so One should realize they have to conjure up work some how. I am not saying all are this way but I have witnessed first hand from I Queen who went in for a 90 dollar filling and came with a "dental plan" that included bridges, caps bleaching and all sorts of other unnessasary things all for a price of 8-10 thousand dollars. Billed to the insurance company of course. It would have been done over the course of 10 office visits in the frame of 2 years. So it is obvious to I that these dentist do create work for temselves. When I queen asked if the work was necessary he said no, but it will make you look better. I Queen is a stunning Woman who has beautiful teeth and a very sweet bright smile. It was a direct jab at her to spawn some self doubt and guilt her into doing the work. She refused and changed dentist, he later told I Queen the work was very unnesasary and happy she did not go through the pain or the waste of time and money.
Get a second opinion and make sure the I can see the Problem in an xray, have the dentist point out exactly what it is.
Selassie I
Iyah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/9/2009 12:03:45 AM

The main reasons dentists want people to take out their wisdom teeth is because it is harder for them to do cavity work on those teeth because they are so close to the back of a person's mouth.

I have been told to take them out on several occasions by different dentists and I refused every time. When I went to the dentist on those occasions, I had no problems with I wisdom teeth, they would make different reasons why I should take them out like it could cause problems or pain, or that they were growing too slow.

Also make sure to remember that just because you have throbbing pain around your wisdom tooth doesn't mean it should be taken out. It is much more likely that it is just infected, because when the tooth is breaking through the gums, it sometimes causes infection. If that happens, all a person needs to do is get some strong brandy, whisky or other strong alcohol, and use your mouth to hold the alcohol around the infected tooth. The alcohol will burn and it will be a little uncomfortable, but hold it for some time, up to 1 minute and then spit it out. Do this 2 - 3 times a day for a few days until the infection is gone, when the pain from the infection goes away, continue to use the alcohol for another day (3 times more). I don't drink alcohol, but I keep some in the house to deal with infections like that, and I have always been able to get rid of the infection of my wisdom teeth. If you go to a dentist with that problem, they are most likely going to try to convince you to take them out.

There are of course some people, whose wisdom teeth are growing almost sideways, and probably should get them removed, but a lot of people's wisdom teeth are growing just fine, even if they are growing on an angle toward the other teeth, as long as the angle isn't too severe, it will straighten as it grows. The reason why it grows on an angle is to push your other teeth together if you lost one of your molars to a cavity. Because people these days take care of their teeth daily and go to the dentist to fix wounds, they don't usually lose any of their molars before the wisdom tooth comes in. But I still would rather keep I wisdom teeth as long as they are not destructive to I.

If you decide to tell the dentist you don't want them out. Don't vex him or speak of the reasons why, they won't Iverstand. And if they get offended, they may decide to not fix your tooth properly and cause you to lose it. Most probably wouldn't do that, but men are men, and just as with any other profession, there will be some that are so wicked that they would do such a thing. I am am pretty sure that a dentist did such a thing to I.

There was this one dentist that I went to, who one day asked I some questions about I Livity. At one point in the reasoning I mentioned that I read both the Old and the New Testament. He then asked I if I believed that the Jews killed Christ. I said yes. Then he told I that they didn't kill Christ. I told him that they went to the Roman leader and asked him to execute Christ, because it was their holy time and they couldn't do it themselves. They gave the order, so that means they killed Christ, just as the Romans killed Christ.

He then told I that he was a Jew, and asked I if I was worried about him working on I teeth now. I told him no, but I never went to him again after that, because he said that. A few years after that, the tooth he worked on started to bother I again. I went to a dentist and he fixed it. I then moved to another location and had another dentist and the tooth started to bother I again. The dentist told I that it looked like one of the dentists that worked on I tooth didn't completely clean out the cavity, so the cavity was growing underneath the filling.

It was too long after the time that dentist worked on I tooth, and there was no way I could prove that he maliciously did that to I tooth. But that doesn't matter, because usually when people screw with I, Jah blazes them serious, and they pay for their wickedness. I have heard of the consequences that people who have screwed with I experience.

As the scriptures say, RasTafarI is I Light and I Salvation; whom shall I fear? Haile Selassie I is the Strength of I Life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Jah RasTafarI is I and I Sword, Jah RasTafarI is I and I Shield and Buckler. Jah SoulJahs must remember that.

Jah looks after His SoulJahs, and Jah SoulJahs would never leave Jah RasTafarI. The reason they would not leave is not because they remember what Jah has done for them. They do remember what Jah has done for them and sing Praises to the Most High for Jah Greatness, but the reason is the other way around. Jah RasTafarI does for them because they would never leave Selassie I.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I

Messenger: rootz Sent: 3/9/2009 4:40:50 AM

irie ites!

i am twenty years old and already have mine. i was told the average person gets them after they turn twenty five. i guess i am wise beyond my years tsk tsk. but i don't believe that once you get them then that means you're mature. i tink it's one of those rites of life we all, hopefully, go through. i had braces and now i have straight teeth. my wisdon teeth starting coming out after i had removed my braces so my teeth are perfect..

SELAH!

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 3/10/2009 9:07:20 PM

I give thanks for all the replies and advice. I decided to postpone getting my wisdom teeth out unless they start to hurt really bad. Right now they seem fine.

Praise be to JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/17/2012 3:11:26 PM

I went to the dentist today and got x-rays taken. They said that I lower wisdom teeth are impacted and they gave I a referral slip to have them removed.

I don't have any pain coming from I wisdom teeth though, though I overstand that they could potentially become a problem in the future.

I will have to think about whether I want the wisdom teeth removed or not.

Messenger: Bhang Sent: 12/18/2012 2:04:18 PM

Iman has two of them removed and has to remove the other two, I had a x-ray done and they were growing completely bad, and they were about to push all the other teeth and make a great pain on my mouth.

I had to think a lot if I wanted to remove them, and I did so because of the deformity they were about to cause, so make yourself one of those x-ray and evaluate if it's completely necessary or if you can live with them.

Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 5/8/2013 10:23:55 AM

i say only get them removed if they are hurting you. my wisdom tooth in the back was removed because it was causing me problems. many people get them removed because most wisdom teeth grow in wrong.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 5/10/2013 8:22:25 PM

Give Thanks Jahmyking,

I still have I wisdom teeth, they are not bothering I right now.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/13/2015 11:25:42 PM

I am considering getting the wisdom teeth removed as they are impacted. However, they still have not caused any pain for I yet.

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I