Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3401&start_row=1

The I

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/26/2009 4:51:45 PM

The I is sometimes used to mean I or you or he or she.

Any time I say The I, I say it instead of saying you, or the I them if the you is plural. Because of all the various ways people use The I, for a time I decided to just write you, so that there is no misinterpretation. I would still say The I in conversation, just not when writing.

I recently decided to say The I again when writing, but I still sometimes say you, especially if I think that there is room for misinterpretation if I say The I.

I know that all the different uses of the word are all valid, I just find that using it in all those different forms leaves too much room for misinterpretation, unless the context makes it obvious.

I am not writing this to criticize people for using The I to express the different meanings. It was used in different ways long before I was even born. I am just writing to sight what others think about this.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I.

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 2/27/2009 7:16:25 AM

RASTAFARI
Yes ARK I, it is very true what the I say about misinterpreting the I. to elaborate on the stream I notice this expesially when it is in writing more so than in conversation. I also see when "I&I" is used in writing it can get abit confusing. I&I can mean the I and the I JAH, or I&I can mean "You and I". when spoken it sometimes makes more sense, yet when written and or read some times it leaves space for misinterpretation. Same thing sometimes when Some one say Selassie I the First. Is it not The I that is at the end of Selassie that stands for the first or I. I do not personally say Selassie I the first because I see the I on the end as either I or the first. Is that clear what I am saying? or has the writing become confusing? SEEN?
One Heart
Selassie I Live
IYAH

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/27/2009 10:46:59 PM

Yes I, it is similar for when people say I and I. Selassie I the first is a little different, because it still only means One God. The origin of saying Haile Selassie I, or Haile I Selassie I, or Haile Selassie I the first, comes from the same reason I and I say I, the I, I and I. It all comes to One.

Usually I can tell what a person means when they say the I, or I and I, but sometimes it is difficult to be sure of the meaning.

The thought about different meanings of the I or I and I has come to I mind from time to time, but I never bothered Reasoning about it because I just figured it is the way it is.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 2/28/2009 12:03:33 AM

RASTAFARI
Yes Iyah it is true what the I said about Selassie I and Selassie I the First It is a different thing as I was meditating on that very thing today and came to the fact as the Ark I said it is about ONE God and the very origin of the I or even I AM. It is sometimes like the timing of a lyric in a song when I&I read some of the post from time to time. It is like a reminder to I that it is I&I and simply not "me". Much Love and respect to I IDREN. YES I Give Thanks for this dy JAH has made for I&I. It is the good life with Jah RASTAFARI.
Selassie I Live
IYAH

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I