Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3388&start_row=1

ONE RACE, MANKIND

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: rootz Sent: 2/23/2009 3:52:15 AM

SELAH!

i was going through the very old posts in this website, i'm talkin about stuff from 2003.. a question came into my mind that i want to reason with you, my fellow idren and sistren. rasta keeps talking about how talk of 'black' and 'white' is wrong and that there's only one race and that is 'mankind'. under the same breath you'd find rasta quoting the bible saying stuff like 'each nation upon this earth must stay under their own vine and fig tree' so if this is true, then India is for the Indians, China for the Chinese, Europe for the Europeans and Africa for the Africans those at home and those abroad'. what are we saying here, are we saying 'sure, don't be mean to someone of a different race. you must live side by side with them' and at the same time say, 'it's wrong for you to have sexual relations and irate different breeds with someone of a different race..' a few weeks ago i was reasoning with this fellow idren and dear friend of mine; he's from jamaica and now lives in botswana coz he 'repartriated' something like eight years ago. anyway, he was saying how it's a sin for people of different races to be mixing with other races ie a black man and white woman creating a colored coz these coloreds are 'rebel babies' coz one never knows which side they'd choose-hint obama-so it got me confused for a bit. please enlighten the i?

ROOTS I FYAH

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 2/23/2009 4:18:25 AM

I and I can overstand why some may not want to marry someone from another race and have children; however that it what they choose. No one should say it is wrong for someone to be with someone from another race; it is just what one chooses. Some may see it as wrong, however I and I do not believe they should force that concept upon someone else.

Blessed love.

RasTafarI

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: rootz Sent: 2/23/2009 4:28:33 AM

bless. i overs and dat what me thought fi a while. i really don't care about who one chooses to be with and i don't even look twice at a couple who comprise of black and white even though it's not common as i live in botswana, which probably has like 90% black people but when you hear someone quoting the word of JAH saying every nation should stay under it's own fig tree etc then it gets confusing for me coz i tink to myself, is that what Jah would like when He sees me with a white man?!? i got nothing against white people but i think i should just stick with black people..

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 2/23/2009 4:44:49 AM

I and I sight that Africa is for the Africans, Europe for the Europeans, and so on.
This is in relation to the country it's self. Africa is the land of the Africans, and therefore I and I being white would not live in Africa, as it is not my land to live, even though I and I originate from Africa, I people decide to leave long ago. Whereas the Africans where forcible removed and have every right to return. Therefore let Africa be for the Africans and Europe for the Europe for the Europeans and so on.

If the I feels comfortable with ones for one's own race then I and I sight that the I should go with the I's spirit. As I and I said, it is a choice.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/23/2009 11:47:21 PM

Rootz, the I said,
-----------------------
rasta keeps talking about how talk of 'black' and 'white' is wrong and that there's only one race and that is 'mankind'. under the same breath you'd find rasta quoting the bible saying stuff like 'each nation upon this earth must stay under their own vine and fig tree' so if this is true, then India is for the Indians, China for the Chinese, Europe for the Europeans and Africa for the Africans those at home and those abroad'.
-----------------------

I don't think talk about black and white is wrong, I actually think it can sometimes be wrong to intentionally not talk about it. I and I should Love each other and Learn about each other. So talking about both our differences and similarities is good. Whether we are talking to somebody with the same skin colour, or a different skin colour, I and I can Learn about each other, because even with the same skin colour, there are many different nations and cultures.

Here is a reasoning I made before:

Color blind blindness

About the vine and fig tree.

----------------------
Mic.4

[1] But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.
[2] And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
[3] And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
[4] But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.
[5] For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.
[6] In that day, saith the LORD, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted;
[7] And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever.
----------------------

From I Iverstanding when reading it. It shows that people will be in control over their own land, and won't have the desire to try and control another person's land, or the worry that some nation will do that to them.

A person can read that and also take that as meaning that they will not mix with people of other nations, but I don't think that was really the message of the scripture.

But I don't have any issue with people who feel that they should not marry a person of another race or culture. People should do what they are comfortable with. I would just hope that people don't go as far as segregating themselves from people of other cultures or race, where they don't even want to talk or associate with them.

I and I should always remember that all of I and I have the same Mother and Father. And it is good for all of I and I if I and I Learn from eachother, because all have something to Learn and all have something to Teach.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 2/24/2009 6:21:14 AM

Yes Ark I, blessed love, word sound.

I give thanks for the reasoning on that passage from Micah.

--------------
2] And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
---------------

Many from different nations shall step through the gates of Zion, all under the same Father, as Ark I stated.

I think the I is right about the passage referring to people keeping their own land. I and I sight that it is just natural, as no greed shall enter Zion, and there shall be no coveting of people's land. Therefore everyone shall have their own to tend. I sight it doesn't say that we shall only mix with our own nation, as we come into Zion not as many people, but ONE people; JAH RASTAFARI people.

[21] And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
[22] They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
[23] They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
(Isaiah 65)

When we were not all ONE with Jah look what happened. The wicked men coveted others land and took the land, raped it, then took the people, and enslaved them, and made them do the work on the land.

It wont be so in the days. Equal rights and justice for all through RasTafarI the Everliving and AllMighty God!

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: ROOK FARI 7 Sent: 2/24/2009 10:19:15 AM

AGAIN THE THING WITH RACE MIXIN IS NOT SOMETHIN ,NO MATTER HOW STRONG ONE FEELS ABOUT THE MATTER, THATS NEVER GOING TO STOP.. UNLESS JAH SMITE EVERY ONE WHO DOES IT, ALL ONE TIME ..WHICH HE WOULDNT IF U KNOW HIS MAJESTY! UD KNOW HE EVEN GAVE LAND TO , ITALIAN SOLDIERS WHO SURRENDERRED IN THE WAR..AND THEY WERE ALLOWED TO MARRY ETHIOPIAN WIVES

SEE THE BOOK ETHIOPIA AT BAY , SELASSIES WAR.. SO NO DISRESPECT TO ANY ONE.
I KNOW WAT MARCUS SEH AND WHY HE SEH WAT HE SEH ..TINGS AND TIME.. U KNOW..THATS HOW I SEE IT
NOT THAT IM ALWAYS RIGHT JUSS PERSONAL VEIWS
I KNOW HOW ONES FEEL ABOUT THE MIXIN PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT FROM MAN TO MAN WOMAN TO WOMAN SPECIALY IN THE U.S.
PEOPLE GONNA DO WHAT THEY WANT TO DO ..COULD BE SAD TO U BUT TRU JUSS THE SAME
BLESSED

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I