Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3295&start_row=21

Turban

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/19/2008 11:04:09 PM

Arkon I,

I am not speaking about the aggressiveness when you write when I said you mix humbleness with arrogance.

About you saying you are a Bobo, let I explain what I am saying to you so maybe you can Iverstand. Please take your time to carefully read this reasoning and the quotes I am posting so that you don't respond without Iverstanding what I am saying (make sure to also read your own quotes carefully).

When you came here a month ago, you said
-----------------
Selassie I Greetings! InI don't want to make no barriers, InI no represent any so named 'sect' of RasTafarI, ca InI trod Natsari 'sect', the root of RasTafarI !
-----------------

Then you come and asked how to wrap your head with the turban. And the reason you gave was not because of an interest in Bobo, but because,
-----------------
I am working in my grandma's garden and when it's hot it's uncomfortable for I to have I locks free or ina woolen tam.
---------------

IDread showed a link of a person wrapping their head similar to the way Bobo wrap it. So Ras KebreAB said,
-----------------
The video shows how the Bobo Turban is worn.
The cloth for sale is for a Bobo Turban.

Arkon, Idread, is either of you Bobo Shanti Rastafari?
-----------------

Ras KebreAB said this because he has Respect for Bobo and Respect for their Order and Ways. And he Iverstands the significance of the Turban and what happens in a Bobo trod that brings him or her to wear a turban.

You responded on Tuesday saying,
-----------------
Iman Rasta - that's all and that's enough. With all respect, but InI don't think that priest's recommendation is necessary fi wearing Turban.
-----------------
Well - I hope that's enough. Although I didn't want to offend anyone from BoboShanty Order, someone could feel bad. If yes - Iman sorry
-----------------

So in the posts you show that you are not Bobo, but say you are a rasta so you can where a turban. You say you didn't want to offend anyone from Bobo Shanty Order, but you offend them by showing no respect for their Order.

On Wednesday, Ras KebreAB said to you,
-----------------
As soon as i ask are you a Bobo that you wear a Bobo Turban, you talk about someone else, you talk about what another Ras would say, you talk about priests recommendation
No one asked about getting someone elses permission. But the real question was, DO YOU PERMIT YOURSELF
-----------------
You want the reward, but have you done the work, can you overs that?
the only good thing you said is that Rastafari is a spiritual state, but you dont seem to overstand that it is a spiritual order. Ini walk within that Order. Who are you to come and say i will do as i like??
-----------------
To put on Bobo Turban before you are crowned a Bobo is disrespectful and offensive.........just like people who grow their lock and put on red gold and green hats when they dont have nothing to do with Rastafari is offensive and disrespectful to ini all.
-----------------

In the same day you responded:
-----------------
Yes, I am Bobo. Yes, I am Rasta. Yes, I accept King Emmanuel's teachings in I heart.
-----------------
When I said about "recommendation" of priest I misunderstood Your question. I thought that it was sth like : "Have you got blessings to be Bobo?".

Now I can see better!
-----------------

You don't Iverstand what Ras KebreAB is showing you and you don't see better. You showed even more disrespect for the Bobo Order because you seem to care nothing about Order, about the Way of Bobo SoulJahs.

You think in one day, from Tuesday to Wednesday, you went from a person who is not a Bobo and disrespects Bobo, to being a Bobo who accepts Emmanuel's teachings in your heart? From somebody who says you can wear the Bobo Crown without a priest's recommendation, showing that you have such little respect for Bobo that you don't care what Bobo do in order to put on their crown; then the next day you are a Bobo who accepts Emmanuel's teachings in your heart.

What do you know about Emmanuel's teachings to say you accept His teachings in your heart? The Bobo trod is an Order, a Way, a Trod, a Livity, a Way to Live (which all means the same thing). There is an Order that Bobo trod through before they start wearing their crown, there is an Order they trod through before they go from prophet to priest, there is an Order that they trod through all their Life. You have shown no interest to learn that Order, you walk like you think that your own arrogance and ignorance will make you a Bobo. You think you can just proclaim a day after disrespecting Bobo that you are Bobo, and proclaim that you accept Emmanuel's teachings in your heart without even knowing Emmanuel teachings.

Iverstand your physical age and especially your age in the Trod of RasTafarI and behave so. That way you will Learn the Way of RasTafarI People instead of just leaning on your own misunderstanding and arrogance. Read again what Ras KebreAB said to you and Iverstand.
-----------------
You want the reward, but have you done the work, can you overs that?
the only good thing you said is that Rastafari is a spiritual state, but you dont seem to overstand that it is a spiritual order. Ini walk within that Order. Who are you to come and say i will do as i like??
-----------------
To put on Bobo Turban before you are crowned a Bobo is disrespectful and offensive.........just like people who grow their lock and put on red gold and green hats when they dont have nothing to do with Rastafari is offensive and disrespectful to ini all.
-----------------

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 12/20/2008 2:05:11 PM

"They can do what they will with the information. That's not our jurisdiction."

I sight

Love i Beloved,Honorable Empress
Rastafari

Messenger: Ten Sent: 12/22/2008 9:43:39 AM

Praises
I wanted to Ras-pond to the Empress Yaa when she offered her Reasoning on Arkon I, give thanks for the Reflective Sights the I offered. Its not always that I n I look 'pon our own selves when we give advice to another; its often that I n I seek to remove the plank in another's eye but remain blind to our own. Although in this case the youth was misguided - to use as p.c a term as possible - the Royal Dawta's words remain SignicanT and bear truth.
Fire Burn Eternal in Menen's Name, Holy Mother of All.
RasTafarI Is
Give Thanks

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 12/23/2008 6:35:52 AM

Yes I. Give thanks Mother Menen. It is a joy.

I have to say, in light of er... current events (I need to stop involving Iself in these things, really tho people)... it means a lot.

To touch on a point thee I is making...

"its not always that I n I look 'pon our own selves when we give advice to another; its often that I n I seek to remove the plank in another's eye but remain blind to our own."

This is actually a main reason of significance which this site bears for I and has been as useful, like a tread-mill, in exercising this important fundamental. Particularly for I Zion daughters, thee I dun already know Empress Ten. To have one come forward for... "advice" let's say... is equally a gift and an opportunity to reflect in Self. I mean, compassion is really just seeing our own Human Self (this is Oneness) in the common experience of man (and womban). And with the diversity that is accessible through this site, it has offered me a whole other facility by which to exercise in communication... or at least in empathy and compassion.

And along the thread of the iron sharpen iron fundamental... this has definitely happened. I mean, Empress Ten, even thee I must see some of your own skill at temperance in the development of my practice. So, we dun already know what this is about. And I give thanks everytime. Selassie I first lives.

Messenger: Elohim ras Sent: 2/8/2012 8:33:34 PM

King Immanuel the 7 adonie God Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 2/9/2012 8:07:59 AM

Greetings. Ididn't know it's ofensive to Bobos to use d turban if u are not Bobo. What does it take to use a turban? Some of de idrens ina mi land do wear d turban sometimes, even though dem are not Bobo but are Nyahbinghi so when its ises iwa dey remove d turban. What do ones who are Bobo say about dat? Tel mi more about d turban.
Concerning d use of red gold n green n locks, I n I know its part of rasta livity but its not only rastas who use d colours n lock deir hair. De use of locks has bn part of many tradional cultures ina Africa. Red, gold n green is de flag colour of several countries ina Africa. What do u say?

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 1/29/2014 9:16:17 PM

I want to bring this forward to restate the question: Does one have to be a Bobo to wear a turban raspectively?

Ark I,

The I said in another forum, "For Ones and Ones that want to grow their locks, but are worried about dust and dirt from the workplace, then wearing a turban would help keep the dust and dirt out quite well. A turban also hold the lock firm in place, so when a person is bending down, their locks won't flop around, but will remain in place."

So there is a practical use of the turban, to keep the locks clean.

I sighted early in the reasoning that Arkon I wanted to cover his locks to keep them clean as he worked in a garden, to keep the dirt out. However he showed disraspect towards Bobo Order with his talk and the forum direction changed, focusing on Arkon I's lack of raspect.

Is there another way to wear or tie the turban that will not offend Bobo?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/29/2014 11:19:21 PM

In regards to I posts in this topic, it wasn't so much about this one post, or that he wants to put on a turban, the person was dealing with disrespect in many posts in other threads. I can't remember all the details, it was a while ago. I main problem in this particular thread is that one day, he has no regard to the ways of Bobo, then the very next day he says he is Bobo. A person is Bobo if they live the way of Bobo, not because they say so.

Anybody can wear a Turban. The Bobo have specific ways concerning the Turban, from how it is sown and worn, and a person starting to Trod as Bobo doesn't wear the turban right away, it is put on in due Time and Season.

There are many ways to wrap a turban, I don't know if Bobo have an issue with people wrapping there locks the same as them. I haven't come across any that have expressed that, but I haven't asked the question.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/31/2014 11:37:34 AM

Isnt wearing a turban just like wearing locks,an Incient African way not just Rastafari order???

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/31/2014 11:52:05 AM

^^Yes King. and people with long hair will naturally gravitate to things which cover their head/hair for practicality at the least

Its not the Dreadlocks which makes one a Rastafari
Its not the Turban which makes one a Boboshante Priest

Neither of these things are exclusive to Rastafari. But as ZionMtn said, we see these things in Africa and thats what were dealing with.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I