Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3295&start_row=1

Turban

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 12/13/2008 2:25:16 PM

Selassie I IYAH RasTafarI !

I was reading about Hindu cultures and about meaning of turbans. Then I started to reason what is the genesis of Rasta wearing Turban. Well.. Now I know that it's crown. Just like Bingiman have Tam, or just dreadlocks, the same is with the turban.

Now - Could You tell me, where I can find a method of wearing turban? How to tie it? I am working in my grandma's garden and when it's hot it's uncomfortable for I to have I locks free or ina woolen tam.

So? Could You share Your knowledge with I?

Messenger: IDread Sent: 12/13/2008 7:15:21 PM

Rastafari Bless

I too have been trying to figure out how to tie a turban because my locks are growing too long for any of my tams and letting them hang free gets in I way sometimes.
So far the best instructions I have found are in the form of a youtube video.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_YWhcQ7UD6o

I still haven't got it completely right yet but hopefully practice will make perfect.

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 12/14/2008 5:00:27 PM

Give thanks and praize, IDread!

I watched this video few months ago and I tried to tie I turban that way. However I have got "big" head and I can't find a piece of material that could keep I hair tight...

Messenger: IDread Sent: 12/15/2008 12:15:04 PM

The I is in luck Ras.

http://iyahroots.com/rasta-products//catalog/product_info.php?cPath=46&products_id=162

This cloth is made to tie a bobo shanti turban, so it should fit the I just fine. Its what I have been trying to use.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 12/15/2008 5:28:13 PM

The video shows how the Bobo Turban is worn.
The cloth for sale is for a Bobo Turban.

Arkon, Idread, is either of you Bobo Shanti Rastafari?

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 12/16/2008 11:19:50 AM

Iman Rasta - that's all and that's enough. With all respect, but InI don't think that priest's recommendation is necessary fi wearing Turban.

Crown of Rastaman are Locks. - No matter what is the length of them - it's important to stay natural.

Messenger: IDread Sent: 12/16/2008 2:36:49 PM

Bongo Arkon I puts it well enough I think.

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 12/16/2008 4:16:09 PM

Well - I hope that's enough. Although I didn't want to offend anyone from BoboShanty Order, someone could feel bad. If yes - Iman sorry.

My message is that Rasta is a spiritual state that occured in a man by his own choice. It isn't catholicism that a man have to get approval of making almost all of his decisions.

Wearing Tam, Turban, etc. is a decision of Rasta. It's the Ras that decide what to wear. Remember that his Locks are Holy - don't look at his appearance, clothing - etc. Don't be 'MTV's child' (About Locks - Numeri 6:5)

Blessed

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 12/17/2008 1:52:29 PM

I have been thinking should i even bother to reply to this, usually i dont like responding to ignorant statements. I think if one is ignorant enough to make such a statement, would one evn listen to what i am saying to him? Well, i finally decided i will say something, perhaps you might not listen, but others might learn something.

In the last post about black Rasta, one "rootz" made an, as the Empress, said idiotic reasoning which makes no sense at all.
But mr Arkon, at least you might overstand why some black people get the feeling, we dont like these white boys coming inna we culture, its because you make ignorant statements like this.

By now im sure you have noticed that i dont and wont call you Bongo.
your friends can call you that. I idren showed you last time that Bongo is a name of great Raspect, it is for those who have walked through the fire, for ini elders, for those who have aquired a wise mind and are Raspected in their communities. But who are you?
And last time i thought i saw some humility and i was a bit pleased, because you began to ask if you should or not call yourself Bongo, so i thought, ye, he might listen to instruction still.

Unfortunately, here you come again with more babylonian thinking.
Now you might ask i what is babylonian thinking. This is babylonian thinking, when you ask something, instead of going to the direct root of the question, they change the question itself, so you are busy answering an irrelevant question, while the real question goes an answered.
As soon as i ask are you a Bobo that you wear a Bobo Turban, you talk about someone else, you talk about what another Ras would say, you talk about priests recommendation
No one asked about getting someone elses permission. But the real question was, DO YOU PERMIT YOURSELF

Ask yourself why do ini grow ini locks and beard
Among the different reasons, one of the reasons is that ini keep a balance, between ini irits,ini inner being, and ini image on the outside.
So you tell i, How will you put on Emmanuel Head, do you know Emmanuel, Do you accept Emmanuel teaching in your heart.

You want the reward, but have you done the work, can you overs that?
the only good thing you said is that Rastafari is a spiritual state, but you dont seem to overstand that it is a spiritual order. Ini walk within that Order. Who are you to come and say i will do as i like??
talking about catholicism, a Fire burn you

Saying dumb to things to i, i man Rasta, that enough.......ignorant thing
So why dont you say, well, we are all human beings, so go and put on a Sikh turban, or a muslim turban, you are a human being, you dont need permission from no one else
but no you want the Bobo Turban, why, because it looks nice when Sizzla wears it on stage? hahah, people funny boi.

So go ahead,stay wherever you are and say you gonna put on your turban. I just would like to see the day you meet up a real Bobo Shanti Rastafari

And keep your sorry, you will need it later on
You can say "i dont want to offend anyone" all you want, it dont matter, what is offensive is your action. To put on Bobo Turban before you are crowned a Bobo is disrespectful and offensive.........just like people who grow their lock and put on red gold and green hats when they dont have nothing to do with Rastafari is offensive and disrespectful to ini all.

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 12/17/2008 2:16:05 PM

Greetings in the Name of HIM !

Ras KebreAB, I think that You are right!
Maybe it sounds silly, but You made me Overstand what is the matter of wearing Bobo Turban.

To strictly answer questions:

Yes, I am Bobo. Yes, I am Rasta. Yes, I accept King Emmanuel's teachings in I heart.

For more: I really thank You for Fire You have burnt on me and criticizing my babylonian questions. Now I know that I have to find out the root of problem and don't ask stupid questions that really don't matter.

When I said about "recommendation" of priest I misunderstood Your question. I thought that it was sth like : "Have you got blessings to be Bobo?".

Now I can see better!

BTW: Appearance of I wearing Turban is the last thing I could really think about.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I