Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3274&start_row=1

if i go bald im i still aloud to believe?

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RASASLAN Sent: 12/4/2008 10:50:41 PM

Messenger: IDread Sent: 12/5/2008 3:01:21 AM

I don't know if it is a problem with I computer but I see nothing but the title of this reasoning.
To answer the I though, if you go bald then of course you can still be Rasta. I know a Ras who has been bald since I've known him and aparently since his early thirties and he is truly a righteous man. If you go bald then its a natural process. Unfortunate but natural.

Bless Up
Rastafari

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 12/5/2008 6:24:45 AM

Greetings in the name of H.I.M Haile I Selassie I Jah RasTafarI!

I and I do not even sight that as a question that needs to be answered, or even asked.
Locks are important, but locks are not what makes one a RasTafarI.
I and I and I call Iselves RasTafarI after the name of H.I.M.
It is not your hair that defines you as a RasTafarI. You either know in your heart that you are a RasTafarI, or you don't. If you know that you are a RasTafarI, then this question would not need to be asked.
Have faith in H.I.M and follow his teachings.

Blessings and guidance!
Itinual Ises unto Jah RasTafarI!

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: Ten Sent: 12/5/2008 2:05:50 PM

Is it not clear that in this Holy Trod, there are no rules; only faith in Selassie I? Nobody allows or prevents another from pursuing a belief; RasTafarI is not a Bablyon Doctrine. Children of JAH, always remember: I n I are not bound by the Laws of Man but those of the Most High.
YOU allow yourself to believe in RasTafarI and YOU call YOURSELF by His Name. The choice is up to YOU to hail and believe in The Father. Whether you have locks or not; that's another matter all together and that is a personal choice. It is governed by how YOU express your belief in Selassie I.
Blessed

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 12/5/2008 2:46:19 PM

GREETING to ALL CHILDREN of the MOST HIGH JAH RASTAFARI.
What? if i go bald am i still aloud to believe.
SEEing is believing.lol
Iman suppose it is what the I believes that would make him feel unworthy for being bald.
I have been posed this question before in I trod. it seems like when some who are just beginning to Sight RASTAFARI and hear bradah marley singing about chasin' crazy bald heads out of town they think him talkin bout some actual hairless people RASTA chase out of town. Man, There are Monks, many Monks who spend there life praying non stop for peace. In the monastarys of the world they shave them head SLICK SHINEY BALD. SEEN? Why? Well, they say it is one less thing to concern themselves with to maintain. so the keep it shaved. Some do it in same way as NAZARENE or RASTAFARI VOW.
What is true is to have the FAITH. if the I SEE H.I.M. as the Living JAH than things are cool. If the I see some other Path as his LIvITY than that is up to the I. As TEN say this is not some Man made BABYLON DOCTRINE.(Yes I Sistren!)
Check out the Birds in JAH sky. ALL different, Some blue some, red, some yellow, and green. Big wings, some little feathers. They still fly in ONE sky. YES. One God.
Every thing in nature has a slight variance in it's make up. That is One of the beautiful things JAH give I&I to check on this COOL Earth. Bald is beautiful MAN. Love is, where it is AT.LOL
SELASSIE I LIVE
wahdahdah

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 12/5/2008 6:06:21 PM

there is a sound from a jamacan band called morgan heritage who has a sound called

you don,t have to be dread to be rasta, it is not a dreadlooks thing its a divine conception from the heart

Messenger: Iyaman Sent: 9/11/2013 2:56:34 PM

InI thought I'd weigh in on this question, since, as a balding white man, InI often wish I could wear dreads but I just can't. You ever seen a bald lion? Nah, that would be ridiculous. Jah make InI a baldhead--but only physically. First, much respect for the bredrin who are open and inclusive. That is Rasta strenghth, in InI opinion.

Dreadlocks are a complicated thing: they symbolize Africanness, rejection of Babylon, and earthpower. But Rasta is bigger than dreadlocks, and haffi be: Many who wear dreads today are not Rasta, and some Rasta--even black Rasta--just can't grown dreads. InI draw much inspiration, for example, from Selwyn Brown in Steel Pulse. That whole band are radical Rasta bredrin. David Hinds has glorious dreads, but Selwyn Brown is bald, so he don't: he wears a hat. That doesn't make him less conscious than any bredder.

If you can't wear dreads, that does not change who you are, if you embrace JAH within. Believe HIM Haile Selassie I, live clean and ital, be peaceful and live with respect for your bredrin and nature.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 9/12/2013 3:05:30 PM

Greetings,
everey man is ALOUD to believe if he is willing to live in JAH way.
however I see you are very far from spirituality in RASTAFARI,for you seem to confuse it with HAIR...

if however a RASTAMAN takes the vow of the Nazerite,then he should not cut off his hair(locks)and not eat or drink anything from the GRAPE...

you can read more about this in NUMBERS.

BLESSED;
Itinual Ises to the most I JAH;

Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 9/13/2013 3:15:03 AM

Blessings ras
The only material connection we have to this world is the hair thus buddha monks cut off their hair for spiritual ascension.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I