Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3239&start_row=1

Ethiopic (a book by Ayele Bekerie)

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 11/18/2008 10:56:18 AM

Greetings...

Any of the I's read this book?, escpecially Ras KebreAB. I think that Ones would find it very insightful, it's a must!

Ethiopic

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/18/2008 5:08:52 PM

No i, first time i heard of this. Looks interesting. If the i has read it, perhaps you can tell ini little.
Will try to get it as soon as i get the opportunity

Give thanks
While on the subject, who has read this book called "Ethiopians and Rastafari" by Esther Selassie (Royal Family)?

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 11/19/2008 3:52:47 PM

Yes...

Ethiopic deals with the History of Ge'ez, its roots, and relatively hidden meanings. It totally debunks the theory of a Sabean origin and does a good job at proving an indigenous African origin, on top of that it shows that Ge'ez and its predecessor (Ayele calls it) pre-Ethiopic script is perhaps the father of all writing systems. Ayele goes on to show the astrological, pictographical, and numerical importance of Ge'ez as well, and really takes the language's importance to a whole other level, it was deep, I could go on, but I'd rather let Ones do thier reading for themselves. Very worth while though.

Selam

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I