Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3237&start_row=1

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras power Sent: 11/16/2008 4:24:53 PM

For the first time in ten years We appear before this assembly in a world now at peace.

You are all deeply aware of the long, hard and better years through which We have all had to pass and of the heavy sacrifices which We have endured in order to arrive at last at the goal of peace so anxiously sought.

During those ten years of struggle, Ethiopia became a symbol to the entire world of the principles of collective security and of unrelenting struggle against the forces of aggression and it is from this lofty starting point that We must ever view Our programs and efforts in the years that lie ahead.

Peace, no less than war demands the full devotion of all Our energies. The thousands of heroes fallen on the battlefield and the bereavement and afflictions of countless families demand that We redouble our efforts and that We devote Our every thought to the high ideals consecrated by those noble sacrifices.

The war had not yet brought to its victorious close than Ethiopia through her delegation to sanfrancisco, took an active part in devising a new charter for the preservation of peace by the United Nations. It is that charter which We but a few weeks ago We called you here present to approve and which we have now ratified on behalf of Our Empire as one of the original members of the United Nations Organization. Today, even as we address you, Ethiopia is participating in the preliminary work of that great Organization as well as in work of many other international organs. However, these efforts do not suffice, We, and all other United Nations, must be inflexible in Our resolve and indefatigable in Our efforts to further the course of collective security.

Our collective efforts must not be limited merely to participation in organizations of an international character. However numerous and strong, such organizations cannot preserve peace than is not founded on justice. In this historic hour, it is of particular importance and significance that the great powers of the world upon whom the preservation of peace so directly depends, recognize the profound necessity for justice as the foundation of all international relations.

Ethiopia is not approaching the upcoming peace settlement with feelings of rancour against her former enemy she seeks only the return of what was taken from her by force and aggression. In demanding the return of Eritrea and Somaliland, Ethiopia is seeking merely the return of her daughters and sons to the bosom of the family and the ratification of a crying injustice. she has made her claims known to the five great powers to whom is entrusted the guidance of the councils of the Nations, and she will not fail to make it known at the coming peace conference.

With energy and confidence in the justice of Our cause, with a firm resolve to collaborate in all ways in the efforts and aims of the other peace loving nations of the world. We may all look forward to long years of progress, achievement and peace.

H.I.M fifteenth coronation address

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 11/20/2008 5:44:09 PM

You are all deeply aware of the long, hard and better years through which We have all had to pass and of the heavy sacrifices which We have endured in order to arrive at last at the goal of peace so anxiously sought.

During those ten years of struggle, Ethiopia became a symbol to the entire world of the principles of collective security and of unrelenting struggle against the forces of aggression and it is from this lofty starting point that We must ever view Our programs and efforts in the years that lie ahead.

this is what i love in this speech

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 12/5/2008 6:15:26 PM

The war had not yet brought to its victorious close than Ethiopia through her delegation to sanfrancisco, took an active part in devising a new charter for the preservation of peace by the United Nations. It is that charter which We but a few weeks ago We called you here present to approve and which we have now ratified on behalf of Our Empire as one of the original members of the United Nations Organization. Today, even as we address you, Ethiopia is participating in the preliminary work of that great Organization as well as in work of many other international organs. However, these efforts do not suffice, We, and all other United Nations, must be inflexible in Our resolve and indefatigable in Our efforts to further the course of collective security.

this is another important and telling part of the speech, his majesty who had and integrat part in creating the UN made his people approve the charter before it was seen an accepted by the rest of the world.

i ask ark I to please add this speech to the 83 he already has in H.I.M speeches

blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/5/2008 10:17:03 PM

I still have to fix the part of the webpage that added the speeches. It was written in a different programming language and stopped working when I moved the website to this web server because this webserver doesn't have that language.

I will add it in the future when the program is fixed.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 12/6/2008 12:52:35 PM

blessed love

Messenger: Vtcnat Sent: 2/18/2020 12:35:38 AMHidden
View Message  Reply

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I