Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3225&start_row=11

Picture Experiment

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 11/13/2008 9:17:32 AM

Here is also something interesting I found on the site,

The Dilemma in Ethiopian Relations with Europe

The Ethiopian kingdom was later restored after the death of Ahmad Gragn (1543) and after the defeat of his army by Emperor Galawdewos (1540-59) who was given effective military assistance by the Kingdom of the Portuguese. Relations with the Portuguese had already started towards the end of the fifteenth century, and reciprocal envoys had been exchanged between Lisbon and the Ethiopian court. The Ethiopians were impressed by reports of the technical advances in Europe and wanted to share in this material civilization. From the earliest stages of their contacts with Europe the Ethiopians expressed their desire to receive European technicians and artisans, and the kings were especially interested in firearms. Already in the fifteenth century some isolated European adventures had reached Ethiopia even before the Portuguese, and they had been employed by the kings as masons, craftsmen, and amateur painters. When official relations were later initiated with the Portuguese, it was precisely their interest in the material civilization of Europe which preoccupied the minds of the Ethiopians. Emperor Libna-Dingil requested artists, builders, craftsmen, and men who could make guns for him. He also desired to establish a strong military alliance with the Portuguese. But outside these cultural and diplomatic contacts, a completely different interest preoccupied the Europeans. Thus, almost completely ignorant of the history and the spiritual heritage of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, the Portuguese sought to act as the agents of the Roman Catholic Church - Pope. This caused a lot of unnecessary bloodshed in the first part of the seventeenth century, and led to the final expulsion of the Jesuit mission by Emperor Fasiladas in 1632.

The Roman Catholic Religious Order Priests, “The Jesuit’s” experience was very bitter for the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, and it naturally led to the creation of very strong hostility towards anything European for a long period of time. During their short time in Ethiopia, the Jesuits had done a great deal of damage and they had seriously disturbed the spiritual stability of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. Thus, immediately after the official expulsion of the Jesuit mission, there was a very long period of intensive doctrinal controversies within the Ethiopian Church which sadly, lasted for over two centuries. When these controversies are seen in the right historical perspective, it is very clear that they arose from the need to re-examine the doctrinal positions of the Ethiopian Church and to purify the Church from possible external influences still lingering even after the expulsion of the missionaries. The end result of all this was an intensive movement of literary and intellectual revival in the kingdom of Gondar. What is most impressive is that, despite the decline of the monarchy and the disintegration of the State into a number of regional entities during the so-called “Era of the Princes,” the Ethiopian Orthodox Church preserved its basic unity. And from the middle of the nineteenth century, when the monarchy started to revive once again, the Church resumed its historic role as the most important unifying factor in Christian Ethiopia.

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 11/13/2008 9:20:14 AM

Thanks Ark I !

It posted all of the images though LOL

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 11/13/2008 10:52:12 AM

FarI-Sight,Itection and Sustenance to thee i same way, blessed

This is the question i have been asking for a while, but i have come to i conclusions.
the pictures posted are old and honestly i do no sight any whites there. in i opinion it shows the different schades of black, by differnt painters.
I would not be surprised if mussolini had anything to do with this.
Babylon's work is deception!! Hotter Fya
If the i would go the ancient churches in the hills the i will not find white Mary or Christ.In the cities, almost all the churches have the paintings just as the European churches do. It has been a while now since i have been there so i speak of the time i was there.
Many of the churches often i think get gifts from other states and other countries which include hugh posters of Yesus Christ (of incorrext representation)and the church just hangs them up good willingly. No question asks.
I ask why, because the representation is incorrect and many have answered to I that it does not matter as long as the faith is there.
Belive I, that is the answer I get everywhere and everytime. That only faith matters.Not the colour.
Many many ethiopians say it does not matter is whether Christ is black or white ! as long as one does the right work.
That does not bother me because i see it the same way. It does not matter if i RastafarI idren/sistren is white or black it is the same and One.
But again i Rastafari Idren/sistren sight Blacksupermacy and that is what is missing in Ethiopian churches and in most Ethiopan brothers/Sisters. The knowledge of Black supermacy.
It is no coincidence that the church of old knows it and paints it the R way.
Imagine this - even God in thier presence people could not sight H.I.M and still don't, but it is changing. People are now OVERSTANDING H.I.M for who He is.

Maybe RasKebreAB or SunofMAN will shed more ligth into this.

Selassie I JAH Rastafari
Blessed Love

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 11/13/2008 11:32:44 AM

Look closely the back groung of the second photo of the RastafarI.
Yesus Christ paintings.

I love this ONE

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 11/9/2010 10:40:31 PM

Blessed is the Lord Emmanuel I Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I