Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3220&start_row=1

The Money word

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/9/2008 10:07:04 AM

Money is the root of all evil ??

Wrong. That is untrue. Babylon tell that to the poor while they steal all our wealth.
InI Must Prosper. The Righteous who keep Jah Law must prosper, no weakheart cant prosper in this time.
Joshua say
"This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."

"n addition to this both the people of Jamaica and the people of Ethiopia are dedicated to another cause, that is the cause of progress and prosperity" H.I.M Haile Selassie I

"The world is only now coming to realize what Ethiopia and Africa have long recognized, that peace, independence and the prosperity of mankind can be achieved and assured only by the collective and united efforts of free men who are prepared to maintain eternal vigilance and labour unceasingly to protect these most precious of God's gifts. "
H.I.M Haile Selassie I

"You will have to join me in my efforts for the prosperity of the country, for the riches of the people, for the development of agriculture, commerce, education and learning, for the protection of the life and resources of our people, and for the perfection on modern lines of administration of the country." H.I.M Haile Selassie I

So i say again, Money is the root of evil is a Lie.

Some of the i them who think that this is written in the Ible might think that i am disputing the Word, but i am not.
The reason why i say that some might think that this is written in the bible is because this is one of the most misquoted lines i have ever heard.
What the Word actually says is in Timothy 6
"For the LOVE of money is the root of all evil, which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Seen.

Jah Bless us,makes us prosper,crown us all with success in all our endeavours.

Rastafari

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/9/2008 10:09:46 AM

"Lack of money is the root of all evil"
George Bernard Shaw

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 11/9/2008 11:00:08 AM

as the i said

For the LOVE of money is the root of all evil, which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

and there is no lie to it

but his majesty said

the capacity to earn depends on the individual, through work

and once again we see how the church ulter the teachings of the bible to fool the people

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 11/9/2008 11:11:25 AM

Greetings in the name of H.I.M Haile Selassie I Jah RasTafarI!
Haile salute!

I and I like the reasoning Ras KebreAB! SEEN.
I and I agree with the I, for Selassie I teach I and I, RasTafarI, that development and progress and prosperity is Issentail. Selassie I do so much for Ithiopia, and stressed to I and I the importnace of development.

Spiritual development does not require money, all I and I need to develop spiritually is The Most High Jah!

However development in this world today does require money. For I and I to progress in this world today, money is required.
Inorder for I and I to be able to live in the world, it is vital to work inorder to provide.
As Selassie I Jah RasTafarI say:
'Rich and poor have always existed and always will.

Why? Because there are those that work and those that don't, those that wish to earn their living and those that prefer to do nothing.

Those that work, that want to work, are not poor. For it is true that Our Lord the Creator sends us into the world as equals, but it is also true that when one is born one is neither rich nor poor. One is naked.

It is later on that one becomes rich or poor, according to one's desserts.'

I and I say burn out Idleness! I and I need to work for I and I to prosper in this world.

The desserts of I and I's work is to be payed money, therefore how can money be evil?

As Timothy 6 state, It is the LOVE for the money that is evil, not the money.

I and I do not love the money which I and I have; I and I love I Holy Father whom allows I and I to be so blessed and so fortunate as to be able to have the money, which is necessary to provide for I and I self in this world.

Iternal Love!
Iternal blessings and guidance!
Itinual flow of positive Irations into the hearts of Jah children!
Itinual praises unto the King, Jah RasTafarI!

H.I.M Haile Selassie I, Emperor of Ithiopia, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, The Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Yihudah, Elect of God, Light of the Iniverse. Jah RasTafarI!

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 11/9/2008 2:42:18 PM

Their is notthing wrong with money as long as ones gets it RIGHTLY.
Not only getting but what ones does with it is just as important.

If Africa right now would have plenty money what would those that depend on Africa do? It would just have been like the days of old. vice-versa and some.so sure they feed that 'money is the root of evil' and like Ras said keep it all and making it impossible for Africa to rise.
All the money is in the had of wicked, if their was one with the right wisdom, maybe things would be different.

What about money can get one into evil doings??

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/9/2008 9:33:08 PM

When people didn't use money, they traded with others to get what they needed. One usefulness of money is that if you want what somebody is trading, but they don't want anything you have, you just need to find somebody that wants what you have, exchange it for paper and coins, and thentrade that paper and coins to get what the other person has.

I wouldn't even say that the love of money is the root of all evil, that kind of love is evil and will surely lead to evil, but it is not the root. There was evil before money and there will be evil after money. Wicked thoughts and actions that cause imbalance are the root of all evil. Whether the wickedness is done for power, control, money, pleasure or whatever other reason.

Ark I
Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/10/2008 5:05:40 PM

Its all about balance.

Nothing wrong with money as long as it is for the service of mankind.
But babylon tipped the balance so that mankind is serving money.

I was watching one of my martial arts movies last night, and this man,who was as usual on a revenge mission,lol, had just been rescued from assasins by an old master. But before the rescue, he had already been hit by poisoned darts.
And the master looked at him and said ,you look very sick.
the man replied, i have been poisoned by darts.

But the old master shook his head and said, The hatred that i see in your eyes is a much worse sickness than the poison
The man asked,how come?
the master replied, the poison in your blood will only kill you, but the hate in you could kill hundreds

and so it is
and how many did the hate in ones such as hitler kill?

From hate, it is easy to sight the root of all evil
because hate can only be caused by one thing alone
The false idea that one is seperate from another.
For if you know Oneness, you couldnt hate another,for how could you hate yourself?
If Cain overstood Oneness,he would have known that to kill his brother would be to kill himself.
Isnt that the root of all evil?
Would slavery ever happen if people had overstood that?

Would people have put the heads of dead animals that they brutally slaughtered up on the walls of their homes, if they overstood the Oneness of all life?

What did Bunny Wailer say
In the beginning, there was but one concept,
And that's the concept of I.
Then arose Apollyon, the Devil
claiming that it's you and I.
And from that day on,

There was trouble in the world,

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 11/10/2008 5:25:07 PM

all is true, but notwithstanding the love of money is the root of all evil, many have error from the faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

there are some very, very rich people who are very, very sad, we hear of the stars and there out come, etc

but as his majesty said money for government is as blood to the body

money is for use not worship

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 11/10/2008 8:22:42 PM

Its easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of JAH

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/11/2008 10:02:19 AM

Ras Power, you said,
----------------------------------
all is true, but notwithstanding the love of money is the root of all evil, many have error from the faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.
----------------------------------

Is the only reason you still say "notwithstanding the love of money is the root of all evil" because that is what Paul said?

So I guess that means that there was no evil at all in the world until the day that money was introduced. And that after money was introduced, the only places where evil was, is in the places where money was used and loved, and in the places where money was not used or had no influence over, there was no evil at all.

You might want to believe such things, but I won't, no matter if Paul said it.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I