Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3191&start_row=21

$150,000 Wardrobe for Palin May Alter Tailor-Made Image

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 10/30/2008 11:11:33 AM

at your request:

dear heart, when interacting with many of the afrikans who have "chosen" to come to the "snakes" for whatever reason, there is an underlying discontent that exists

I personally was flabergasted when I turned down a date with an afrikan I had met and when I said to him, "tonight is the night that I pick up my daughter from work", and he said, "why is it that your daughter doesn't have her license yet; she was born here, was she not?"

the community embraces members of different races and supports their businesses and they give us condescending looks asif we are solely responsible for our condition, are inferior, or are beneath them

they don't embrace us as we do they..........they believe the stereotypical propaganda that has been used to convince the survivors of the transatlantic slave trade that they are worthless

again, as I have always stated: racism is a global issue and the entire human race is affected, not just selected groups of people

back to the joke, it is not ignorance at all..............it is based on the way we are treated by afrikans when they volunteeringly come to a place that we had no choice in coming to and then treat us asif we are inferior and take the attitude that we have more opportunities because we were born on babylonian soil

-RSK

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/30/2008 3:59:51 PM

Only One thing i can advice on this issue.
Get such thoughts away from your mind. You are better than that Empress,i know.
You say "when interacting with many of the afrikans who have "chosen" to come to the "snakes" for whatever reason, there is an underlying discontent that exists"

Do you know why?? It is because people like you keep these things in their thoughts, and as long as you do,that discontent will always be there, ON BOTH SIDES OF THE EQUATION
Tell them thoughts, FLEE

The reason i found, and still find, that statement ignorant is because it is completely ignorant of the state and condition that Africa has been subjected to over these ages,from slavery to colonialism, from overt control to covert control right down to this day.

The things i find strange is, you use so many "they" s in your words, and here i am, an African, like, who is she talking about?

The other strange thing is, everything that you said about Africans, i can say the same of my people born in the west.

"they give us condescending looks asif we are solely responsible for our condition, are inferior, or are beneath them"
I can say the same thing,Empress
Should i mention all the things that our people in the west call us Africans born in the motherland? No need, right?

"they don't embrace us as we do they"
i can say the same thing

"and then treat us asif we are inferior"
lol, you know what i am going to say

"when they volunteeringly come to a place that we had no choice in coming to"
All i have to say to that is WOW.

Like i said, let them who think like this,think like this, On both sides. Let them make babylon happy.
But you, Rastafari, are better than that.

If you keep any such thoughts in your mind , just dont expect anything to change. Remember, so you think,so you are, What you think,you manifest.

Racism, i am sorry to see that you are affected by it, but DO NOT tell i that the entire human race is affected by it.
Not I, not Rastafari, members of a New race.
Are you ready to be a member?

With Love and Raspect
Rastafari

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/30/2008 4:51:17 PM

Blessings
I guess I have to play catch-up with this reasoning and I'll start by picking up where I left off. I hear what the Empresses are reasoning to I, and do I overs correctly that I them are saying I n I have business in Babylon trying to good within its system when its rotten to the core? And while I am all too aware of the electoral inconsistencies that happen the world over I still think that this is the world we live in - unfair and oppressive as it can sometimes be. But is it ever possible for the people to infiltrate and dismantle the system from within? Do we not have an advantage having the inside view but not corrupting our selves, remembering of course the one aim is to deconstruct so better will come? Perhaps its a lofty ideal, but I feeling is given the intellectual and iritical resources I n I have, its possible to work to change things from within - not to say that underground movements are the not the way forward either.
Anyway concerning Sister RSK, yes I too am surprised by the I's words, I share Ras KebreAB's sentiments. Empress an interaction with a few Africans cannot represent the vast millions of I n I who are scattered abroad. Its not everyone's "voluntary" choosing to come abroad, some of us are here as economic migrants in search of a better life because our countries were going through serious economic turmoil, some of us came as political refugees escaping war or in pursuit of a better education because all the books and good resources are locked up here in the West. And not to mention how difficult and expensive it is to get a visa to come here, yet vice versa its not the same...
I think you also have to overs how people see Africa as Ras KebreAB rightly put it, the Western World has not been kind to us either. And you have to over just how deep the principle of 'divide and rule' works - that's why Africans in the Motherland and those in the US don't get along. Its historic divisions btwn people - both sides have been fed lies about the other for centuries so how can you expect people to fully embrace each other? But don't play into that, Aya, I've nothing but love for all my peoples al over the globe and if someone crosses One, let that be a judgement on that person only not an entire group of peoples. It stops One from appreci-loving an entire group of people - imagine the millions of Africans in US and the millions more in other parts of the West...And perhaps I'm poking the fire a bit by asking this but if "those Africans" in the US bring out such feelings in you, then Sister if I cross you, how will you feel about I, an African Daughter of the Most High, reasoning with you from a keyboard over in Europe where I am INVOLUNTARILY a migrant seeking higher education?

One Goal, One Aim, One Destiny
RasTafarI Is

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 10/30/2008 5:14:05 PM

I absolutely embrace you and thank you for your response.

It may be difficult for you to believe but I didn't start out with this as a mindset, nor is it that extensive due to the fact that I control my space by not frequenting situations that produce venomous energy.

"It is because people like you keep these things in their thoughts, and as long as you do,that discontent will always be there, ON BOTH SIDES OF THE EQUATION
Tell them thoughts, FLEE"

So let me get this right, they know what things are in my thoughts? I doubt it. I am an open minded individual who deals with people based on our interactions, not the stereotypical descriptions that are spoon fed to the masses.

Who are people like me? A mature, independent, woman who patronized an establishment owned by an Afrikan who was not born in the states, started to accept companionship from him with no preconceived notions about the differences (I had never known we had any) between his experiences and mine, only to have statements referencing where I was born thrown in my face repeatedly until I severed the friendship.

"The reason i found, and still find, that statement ignorant is because it is completely ignorant of the state and condition that Africa has been subjected to over these ages,from slavery to colonialism, from overt control to covert control right down to this day."

The statement is not ignorant of that fact; it just doesn't address it. The conversation was not about that particular issue, and I have addressed it as well. It is about being pulled away from your culture, only to be looked down upon by those who remained or the respective descendents of both groups. Those very issues are why I say that racism is global. The established downpressors have managed to create division between people on different continents who have never interacted with each other. This is where I attribute the source of the discontent.

"The other strange thing is, everything that you said about Africans, i can say the same of my people born in the west."

Here is the difference: I am not saying that all Afrikans are this way if they are born in Afrika. I am only saying that I don't understand why the particular merchants that I do know, have supported, and continue to support treat us this way. I never expected them to, anticipated it, but it happened. This may be why it is so difficult to deal with; I never saw it coming.

You have given me credit in stating that I am better than this, and you are correct in your discernment. This is not something I just "keep in my mind". It didn't originate in my mind. I deal with issues as they occur with those involved. If it is there, I go else where.

-RSK

(I'm out of breath)

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/30/2008 6:16:25 PM

Love

I know you didnt start with this mindset, none of us do, unfortunately, many of us fall to it.

"I am an open minded individual who deals with people based on our interactions"
You must have hear what i said, what you think you manifest.
You might be an open minded person but your interactions will be influenced by the thoughts that you keep, whether or not you are aware of it. As long as you keep these thoughts you cannot plead innocence from this problem.

I think you know what i meant by people like you. It is in no way meant on a personal level.
It doesnt help this reasoning at all if i begin to mention the things that i have seen from my brothers and sisters in the west.

Im sorry but that statement is to me still ignorant of those facts, as you say, it doesnt address it. Very convenient. You and i know that if it addressed those facts, that statement cannot be made.

You already know where this discontent comes from, i am thankful for that, i never doubted it.

I dont overstand what you are saying here...
""The other strange thing is, everything that you said about Africans, i can say the same of my people born in the west."

Here is the difference: I am not saying that all Afrikans are this way if they are born in Afrika. I am only saying that I don't understand why the particular merchants that I do know, have supported, and continue to support treat us this way. I never expected them to, anticipated it, but it happened. This may be why it is so difficult to deal with; I never saw it coming."

That is not a difference at all.
Because neither am i saying i could say that about All western born Africans. Do you think even i, after growing up hearing of how my people were stolen from i, expected to grow up and find my own people looking down on i, talking about i come from the jungle and all that crap that i expect from white people. Do you think i expected that to happen?
But it does.
But it Still doesnt matter to i. I still do not allow those thoughts to enter to my mind.
I will never go around saying, oh these Americans hate us, they look down on us, just because i heard some black americans say something ignorant.
Have you even considered that the reason that some Africans look on black people in the west in such a way is because of what they have experienced at the hands of "african americans" in the first place?
Those merchants that you speak of might not have experienced anything bad from you, but they will surely tell you somethings that they have seen and heard from other western born Africans. You see how the viscious cycle goes?
Break the cycle, please. For all ini childrens sake.

Anyways, I overstand Empress, i am not blind to the fact that these things still exist.
All i ask is dont be a part of it.

This is just one more reason to hate Amerikkka.
In all my time living in the UK, with its large "west indian" community, same say stolen from Africa, i hardly ever experienced this. But in Amerikkka...........

Bless
Rastafari

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 10/30/2008 8:22:10 PM

To Empress Ten: I don't think you understood my post because I wasn't speaking for one group about another group. I was speaking about my own experiences with specific people and how I didn't understand why they did some of the things they did.

"I hear what the Empresses are reasoning to I, and do I overs correctly that I them are saying I n I have business in Babylon trying to good within its system when its rotten to the core?"

You are incorrect; that is not what I am saying.

"Empress an interaction with a few Africans cannot represent the vast millions of I n I who are scattered abroad. Its not everyone's "voluntary" choosing to come abroad, some of us are here as economic migrants in search of a better life because our countries were going through serious economic turmoil, some of us came as political refugees escaping war or in pursuit of a better education because all the books and good resources are locked up here in the West."

I never said anything about the vast millions and the people I am talking about did voluntarily come to the states. Economic migrants in search of a better life sounds more voluntary than being kidnapped. I understand it is expensive but I also noticed that there are SOME afrikans who think if you are born here, you are well off. This is not hearsay or stereotype, I have had these things said to me in my face.

Being born in ameriKKKa had nothing to do with why my daughter doesn't have a driver's license.

I just don't see why it is an issue.

"I think you also have to overs how people see Africa as Ras KebreAB rightly put it, the Western World has not been kind to us either"

I don't want to see how people see Afrika; the western world has not been kind to itself (charity begins at home). I am not representative of western civi-LIE-zation, which is very uncivilized and I do not accept preconceptions; I only deal with what I know from my experiences.

"if someone crosses One, let that be a judgement on that person only not an entire group of peoples. It stops One from appreci-loving an entire group of people"

If you look back at my previous posts you will see that I repeatedly stated that these were isolated events where I was concerned.

To Ras Kebra, I understand your position and I respect you on many issues including this one; you have always been an instrument of thy peace.

Do know that I interact on a daily basis according to what is happening right then and do not transfer feelings from one place to another. I don't treat the bredren any different than I want to be treated and I would never treat anyone with disdain regardless of what happened. I just disassociate myself with negative people, period.

-RSK

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/30/2008 8:57:15 PM

Praises Sister RSK:

"I hear what the Empresses are reasoning to I, and do I overs correctly that I them are saying I n I have business in Babylon trying to good within its system when its rotten to the core?"

You are incorrect; that is not what I am saying."

oops that was a typo I meant to say I n I have NO business in Babylon...

"Economic migrants in search of a better life sounds more voluntary than being kidnapped."
It definitely doesn't compare to stolen bodies being packed on a ship with no air to breathe or sanitary conditions but Sister its no voluntary thing to leave your home because your business got destroyed or the only way you can afford to put your kids through university is if you come to The West and work for 6 months that becomes ten years of earning money but never going home or seeing your family, ten years of working as a carer cleaning up after the aged, the sick or the mentally insane. I might be extreme in I view but I see this as an economic kind of slavery (but by no means a comparison to the 400years of brutality, murder & forced labour.)

Ok I read the last ras-ponse you made and I think I overs more on the context in which you speak of, and Sis I'm sorry you had to endure such prejudice and ignorance. can relate in some ways to what the I is saying when your own people just make you feel like you are the lowest of the low and its the worst kind of prejudice to encounter because its totally unexpected. Sister you are One of a Higher Hola Order, and you can fight ignorance by not letting yourself give in to it. Its sad that difference continues to manifest itself in the ugliest of ways among I n I - as much as we have been victims, Our people can also knowingly and unknowingly be participants of divide, rule and conquer. But for I n I with the sights to see these things coming, we burn fire without fear, but never stooping to these levels. There is a Higher Love & Power.
Sorry to have mis-overstood the I first time around.
Give Thanks

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 10/31/2008 5:52:14 AM

Much luv and RASpeckt sistren.

What I am eternally appreciative for is this forum. Where else could we have had this reasoning, where ocean and sea couldn't get between you and me?

-RSK

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/31/2008 6:50:43 PM

Lol! Yes I Empress love to the I always. This space is def a blessed way to connect Children of Jah, blessed love Aya!

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 11/3/2008 6:09:24 AM

Boboshanty dash fire on in-de-Pen dent women. Do we all know what a pen is? A pen is for hens... and other battery farmed animals.

And "open minded"-ness is a danger... as thee I them have discussed here... leaving ones open for penetrative vibrations created by babywrong... ref: this mindset thing thee I them have touched on. InI have locs practically as antennae, right? So... we open our mind to education by the elements... but close it to b*llsh*t. No wonder ones are out of breath.

What I was referring to as the "african" american ego is this idea that african-made americans have decided through a "process" that such process has qualified them as the golden children - type thing. But the flip side of that is that they are now a 'better breed of black'. This is definitely the case in vanity thinking (see Hollywood: Beyonce, Will Smith, etc, etc). But it is also the case in the wide movement of what is considered spiritual upliftment / awakening... whatever we wanna call it. For example, Nation of Islam, Black Hewbrew Israelietes, Newarpians (don't even start me on them)... and so on and so forth... unfortunately... some of them say RasTa too and mix up the principles with this type of nonsense.

One of the prime indicators of this mindset is the tendency to bear resentment towards Africans at home, African born Africans.

I have something direct to say about that. In general, Africans at home practically worship Black Americans. They are, to date, their notion of aspiration. This is a reality. I can only speak specifically about Nigerians... but I have a feeling it is spread wider. Africans at home don't want to be white americans... I mean, they definitely believe that white americans are a superior race (like the rest of white people)... but really, they don't want to be white. They see that being black american is the closest one can get to experiencing the bounties of white superiority, while still enjoying all the great stuff about being black.

So... they strive and strive and strive every blessed day to try and get to the West. And then they do... and the bubble bursts, and they see all the stuff they don't tell you about on cable TV out there in Africa. They see total degradation, poverty, illiteracy, dysfunction. Now... InI know and have made it our business to educate ourselves in the state of the human condition up til this time... but if you've done everything you can to get to Amerikkka to make some big DOLLAZ (as they usually think is gonna be the case), then social consciousness is not going to be your forte. All you are gonna see is lack of aspiration... after all, you're a black american... you are born here, this has to be the biggest privelege of all. Right? er... WRONG.

But, as the Honourable Empress Ten was saying, there is no communication, no sharing. Black Americans have this nostaligic fantasy of Africa and do very little about trying to relate to, or connect with the reality. I mean, after all... coming to terms with bad development, economic exploitation, post colonial psychosis... and generally bad sanitation inner city makes it a whole lot harder to wanna do a Kunte Kinte... and embrace the reality of repatriation, right? And where would they be if they didn't have the open plains, planteaus and savannahs of Africa to dream about? They might have to accept that they are now a finished product of their environment... both involuntarily and voluntarily. The lack of aspiration that the African immigrant is noticing is not an untruth, is it?

Similarly, if the African immigrant would only real-eyes what America would have done to him had he been the unlucky one on the ship that day... then where would his aspiration be then? Would he then have to realise that his beloved catholic / anglican priest or methodist pastor was actually lying to him? Or that his university professor was just attempting mimicry, allowing him to beLIEve that his you-never-see-ty education was gonna get him any more than a cleaning job at a US Institution....

I mean, come on people... this thing goes round and round. Ababa Jahnoy is the Father of ALL nations. InI, Israel, are the both the children and parents of all nations now and now.

Our biases of this flesh mean nothing... and they must be disregarded... en quantum... if we are going to achieve the oversight needed to say the word and break down the walls of Rome. I think the time for excuses is over. InI need to embrace the judgement and take the fire... cos after that the purging is complete. Know what I mean.

Give thanks for audience!!!

Love love love in my Fathers House where InI wear the only real colours... those of the rainbow... Red, Gold & Green (sing again!! LOL)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I