Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=317&start_row=1

Beyond Controll......

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Benjahmin Sent: 5/13/2004 5:23:52 AM

Ites Idren and Sistren...
I have a certain experience to share....of which I `d like to know other opinions......

Moretimes , when I play music....( I play the Sax. as most may know by now ).....I simply get carried away. I loose Controll of Iself...
I simply rejoice and blow that dam*n thing, while I am truly crying and bowing down to JAH......

But is not Luzifer an " Angel of music too ? "".......is it OK to "fly unto the top of the highest mountain "....and let go ones Spirit....on a Topic like this......ruled by both " Sides " ??
I play consious Music....but still I get carryied away too much by Sound.....so what Th `Is say ?
Or to put it in other words....how is human Idleness , devotion , humbleness , pride and artistic request to be put into ONE Barrel ??
I `d love to check them rsponses..... ;-)
Blessings
Benjahmin

Messenger: the rock Sent: 5/13/2004 8:14:46 AM

If the I get carried away I guess what matters is which way the I's getting carried, my study of music has brought me to the understanding that music brings the inner most outwardly, Those people whom say that lucifer is controlling music, Id have to say are those who are blind to colonial inspritational stiffeling. InI sage says that music is alive, music use us, Harmony in ones self and the ability to harmonize with others is a blessed thing.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/13/2004 10:57:37 AM

Greetings,

When you say that you get carried away with the sound. What is it that makes the you think that lucifer has any part of it? Is it just because you are not in control, or is there another reason that you see it as possibly influenced by lucifer?

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Benjahmin Sent: 5/13/2004 12:00:52 PM

@Ark-I
No...there is no negative thing to it...it is simply loosing emotional control......one could say : To get carried away...a little like beeing drunk.
SoI feel to be an open door to those emotions...maybe that means going too far.....might be dangerous ( ? )...feels good still....
Blessings
Benjahmin

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/13/2004 4:05:28 PM

Greetings,

If the I has faith in Jah, that no wicked spirits can enter, then it is impossible for them to enter.

So keep the I faith in Jah when rising to the heights, and the I cannot be moved.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Benji Sent: 5/14/2004 2:44:33 PM

Also it take I away from Babylon. Where are the I's thoughts after good music? With Jah? If I keep I faith with Jah they are. Sometimes I think that music take I closer to Jah - and I even realise I have travelled when I am not listening to music.
Give thanks
Benji

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 5/15/2004 6:51:36 AM

Iyah heartical Greetings I

Funny, man... i just started to play the I CD minutes ago and wanted to check out the board here.... and hear the I speaking about the I music. ;)
At the moment iman listen to "Run Joe" and yes, I can feel the I Sax vibrations! Give thanks!

Who say the devil is the Angel of music? Bible? Then I didnīt really check that passage...
But I cannot imagine that... shure, I heard music which was really devilish... but not JAH MUSIC! And Jah tell I n I he want to be praised with MUSIC! And this music must be from the full heart... from the soul, the spirit....
And I am shure, if the I wouldnīt play like this... the music wouldnīt be so fantastic as it is! It is JAH who uplift the I... and I give thanks that Iman can hear this!

Bro Gad I

Messenger: christof Sent: 5/15/2004 4:21:46 PM

Blessed Love
I heard that most psalms were originally designed to be chanted.
That is why they speak of Horns and drums which are played to praise Jah. Since creation music has been a unifying force, bringing people together to praise Jah.

A musician of genious is able to make the listeners experience the same feeling of being out of controlled, because his music is able to take the audience away to the highest hights !

Messenger: Benjahmin Sent: 5/17/2004 9:16:12 AM

Greetings Idren
Thanks for those responses. I actually feel the same....meaning to feel safe through JAH Itection when playing HIS music.
@Bro. Gad I......no it doesen`t say in the Bible that Lucifer is an Angel of music......I don`t actually know , where this information comes from...but it is an aknowledged thing that he should be like that...as well as an Angel of light ( Lucifer means the enlighted one )......maybe it`s a Babylonthing...I don`t know.
Anyhow....hearing that one should be very carefull when dealing with the power of music, and knowing how "high " it can get I when playing....I thought to open this thread and ask for other opinions...
because music IS Power.....I know very well , how an audience can be influenced on Music......be it JAH sound or some death-metal-something. So I simply don`t want to deal this power without the maximum of caution....but feeling Irie and high on stage.....just blasting out power and goodvibes could mean just exactly that lack of caution....that was , what I was afraid of....But through them replies I feel quite safe again. Give Thanks.
@Bro. Gad once more.....Give thanks for them "Compliments"......a new CD may be out soon...this time pure Reggae....no Ska....so be sure to remind I to send it over once it is done.
JAH Love
Benjahmin

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 5/17/2004 11:55:05 AM

Greetings Iyah

Be shure, I wonīt forget! ;)

Bro Gad I

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I