Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3167&start_row=21

The cross of christ

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 10/16/2008 10:24:58 AM

Ten: "Yes RSK I mean the Cross", the point I was making is that is was not a cross, THE SCRIPTURES SAID IT WAS A TREE!

-RSK

This is an excerpt from an article from DGT

"RELIGIOUS LINKS
The cross evolved from the ancient KMTic symbol the Ankh. Originally, in Akebulan (earlier word for Afrika), the use of the cross was meant for 'peace of the divine spirit'. But YT, not fully overstanding 360° of KMTic know-ledge, they reversed the meaning and used it as a mark for death. Easter is s'posed to mark the resurrection of the biblical Jesus (I say 'biblical' because there is strong evidence he did not exist and that is story is but a replica of the first Jesus, betta known as, Heru, whose parents were Ausar and Auset. Read the works of Gerald Massey's, The Historical Jesus and the Mythical Christ, for example), who was allegedly killed on a cross. But if you read Act 10:38-41, it talks of him being lynched: "...how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem, whom they killed by hanging on a tree. Him God raised up on the third day, and showed Him openly. Not to all the people, but to witnesses chosen before by God, even to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead." I don't hear anything about him being on a cross. This whole notion of the cross also raises a point of just when did the lynching of Afrikan people began, which may be the Romanz, definitely not the Ku Klux Klan!

Messenger: humbleafrika Sent: 10/21/2008 4:34:26 PM

greetins in the name of the most high Jah rastafari selassiei.please ras you can have my address so that wecan chart on line attaras_143@yahoo.com.respect to you .

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/22/2013 2:32:07 AM

Haile I Selassie I, Iman see some of H.I.M's works(especially kissing or bowing to the cross)as to fulfill all righteousness as He is the Defender of the Faith,just like He defended the Jewish faith 2000years ago when He was baptized by John Marcus,yet Congo John didn't feel worthy of baptising Him as He King Selassie I had no sin,but it was done to fulfill all righteousness. Christ came with a new baptism(i.e of fyah),so like wise H.I.M conquered death so there is no need to look to the cross. One elderman said to me Babylon(the Romans)crucified His Majesty because of His works which were against their laws,and they thought He was to crown King by then and destroy their evil empire.So why should InI Ilebrate the cross where they killed the Righteous man,InI should Ilebrate the Ressurection because life conquered death and hell. Maxmum Raspect!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/23/2013 12:10:53 AM

As fa as I man is concened de cross a sign of mental slavery n confusion so I n I Africans affe stay away from de cross. Its got noting to do with I n I black identinty. De cross came with confusion. Fireburn de cross.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/23/2013 6:08:35 AM

Yes I,Black Heart,but what does the I say about H.I.M bearing,bowing,kissing or wat ever the cross,I never heard or read that one before.Can the I shine more light about it. HUMBLE RASPECT

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/23/2013 2:42:02 PM

Ye my king. I don't know about dat either. But according to stories about HIM he was a christian so if he did dat then he did it as part of his christianity. I man na folow christianity. One of de mistakes made by some rasta elders was too much reliance on christianity n jewish stories n dat discredited I n I black istory. Also a mistake made by some rastas 2day is dat dem tend to bring in more n more christianity practices into rastafari which results to de discrediting of rasta teachings dat are part of de fondation of rasta livity. Raspect.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/23/2013 11:09:05 PM

I and I should honour the greatness of all great teachings. For everything Righteous comes from the Most High Haile Selassie I.

One thing that RasTafarI Trod has Taught I is to Learn about I Roots and History, and bring the Good into I Life and Trod, and filter the Bad. I ancestry is Serbian, and over the years I have learned alot about I History. Being RasTafarI, and the kind of thinking and mindset I and I have is the primary reason I chose to learn about I History. Just as Black Heart makes the point that RasTafarI people should not avoid their own Black History, all RasTafarI of all nationalities should consider the same thing and look into their History and Learn about the ways of their ancestors.

That is part of the teaching of every fig to his fig tree. Ignoring I and I History is a great disrespect to our ancestors and our own Life, because our Life is an Itinuation of our ancestors Life.

Messenger: DURU Sent: 1/24/2013 10:14:44 AM

Blessed to all

Yes I , its origin is being mistranslated by ignorance and politcal power, christian cross simply represent death while its origin represents life and even d feminine aspect of d trinity is replaced with a holy ghost perhaps this is d reason woman is not credited on christian teaching except if to bare a son as while virgin,as d word virgin is literally translated and considered a miracle and d dominance of male played a big role and lost its balance.
The myths of ancient scriptures purpose is to live life fully not in dominance but by balance with love and overstanding,together with nature and d universe and if these myths is translated into historical facts, the miracles in it and stories when literally translated as an historical events is confusing human intelligence instead of overstanding its message and purpose it creates more dogmas,confusion,religion and separation, instead of livity which is to be lived and not by simply believing or conceptualizing life.
Losing d essence of d roots for instance also gave more credit to solomon instead of queen sheba which has more direct link with afrika,and demonise ancient KMT(egypt) instead of hailing InI ancestors and led InI to be partial than wholistic. Even d indigineous tribes had been labelled as pagans lacking d overstanding of their cultures which is in fact d same happened demonising InI afrikan culture.
In fact every spiritual scripture and teachings lead as to d same thing, but d dominance of InI partial mind through lack of overstanding simply by believing instead of overstanding its message and apply it in a livity ,d essence is lost,but this situation is temporary such as death because life is eternal such as its true message.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: nefale ke Sent: 2/6/2013 9:25:07 AM

Greetns in de name of HIM
am new 2 dis forum 2 dis forum am directd by curiosity & de luv of knwldge, am also nt gud at english.

I blv de cross came frm zodiac, our ancestors usd stars and trackin de sun with stars 2 knw de future n its events. Zodiac also presents 12 months of years & 4 seasons, etc

In de center of zodiac der is a cross which symboliz de sun/christ as de light of de world/ life giver.
De sun passes through 12 constellations each wit its animal figure,
these 12 constellations represnts trouble 4 christ.

Others blv de blessings of 12 tribe of israel come 4rom de knwledge of zodiac,, genesis 49, 1-27, deuteronomy 33, 6-25

sum blv dat john ws talkn abt de creatures in zodiac cross in revelation and de book of ezekiel talkd abt dis creatures

my conclussion is dat de cross is de symbol of de sun which is christ/ HIM evry livn thn depends on it 2 survive and wen jesus ws talkn abt carring de cross and follow him, his meaning of de cross ws ur trouble de 12 places of troubl 4 man which is a circle of suffering which he HIMself suffers.

Hail HIM

Messenger: nefale ke Sent: 2/6/2013 9:29:55 AM

Greetns in de name of HIM
am new 2 dis forum 2 dis forum am directd by curiosity & de luv of knwldge, am also nt gud at english.

I blv de cross came frm zodiac, our ancestors usd stars and trackin de sun with stars 2 knw de future n its events. Zodiac also presents 12 months of years & 4 seasons, etc

In de center of zodiac der is a cross which symboliz de sun/christ as de light of de world/ life giver.
De sun passes through 12 constellations each wit its animal figure,
these 12 constellations represnts trouble 4 christ.

Others blv de blessings of 12 tribe of israel come 4rom de knwledge of zodiac,, genesis 49, 1-27, deuteronomy 33, 6-25

sum blv dat john ws talkn abt de creatures in zodiac cross in revelation and de book of ezekiel talkd abt dis creatures

my conclussion is dat de cross is de symbol of de sun which is christ/ HIM evry livn thn depends on it 2 survive and wen jesus ws talkn abt carring de cross and follow him, his meaning of de cross ws ur trouble de 12 places of troubl 4 man which is a circle of suffering which he HIMself suffers.

Hail HIM

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I