Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3129&start_row=1

LEE SCRATCH PERRY IS COMPLETELY INSANE

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 9/28/2008 10:24:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z37sCU9rJog

I don't want to post the video because its not appropriate. But its about "pum pum" and he asks Jesus Christ to give him more. Sad that he ends up doing this type of crap when he produced so much good material. That is blasphemy also, asking Jesus Christ to give you more sex, I think that is pretty messed up.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 9/29/2008 8:12:43 AM

who is qualified to determine that some one is "completely insane"?

judge not, least you be judged

-RSK

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 9/29/2008 9:33:32 AM

Did you watch the video?? The man says "going to a strip club in New York", give me more "pum pum" which means inappropriate word, and he says "JESUS CHRIST GIVE ME SOME MORE, JESUS CHRIST GIVE ME SOME MORE"
That to me is a little bit on the blasphemous side. And in the video there are strippers dancing around making orgasm noises. So yeah, in my opinion it is just a little bit on the wacko side.

It is also true that we should judge not lest we be judged. I was just very disappointed to see Lee scratch perry making a song like this, even though I already knew that the man was not a Rasta and a very eccentric person. I would expect someone like Snoop dogg to make a song like this, but not Lee scratch perry.

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 9/29/2008 9:38:50 AM

I cannot say I am perfect in regards to this, but does not the scripture say this:

(by the way these are the words of Jesus Christ)

27] Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
[28] But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
[29] And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
[30] And if thy right hand offend thee, cut if off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
[31] It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
[32] But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 9/29/2008 3:07:29 PM

OK I'LL admit that I am by no means qualified to call Lee Scratch Perry "completely insane". I have done some pretty crazy things in my life like trip on mushrooms. This song is pretty wacky though, thats what I'm trying to say.

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 9/29/2008 11:14:13 PM

I like this song, I have to denounce the pum pum song because fuckry is fuckry

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 9/29/2008 11:18:12 PM

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 9/30/2008 1:18:50 PM

I am not questioning the truth of the scriptures, only that we must focus on our trod, thus keeping it holy.

The scriptual reference will keep you righteous.

-RSK

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I