Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3093&start_row=11

in I mind

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/23/2008 7:05:20 PM

Young Lion
It sounds to I as though you are saying One must go through Christ in order to know RasTafari Creator. But isn't that like the Catholics who say you pray through Jesus in order to get to God. How so when in RasTafarI Order I n I pray directly to His Majesty without having to go through anyone. We might strive to reflect Christ-like qualities but it is to serve Our Father, King Selassie I. I n I nah pray through / to Jesus but through / to Selassie I in whose I-mage we are made.
As Ark I Rightly said, "If people have eyes to see, they will know Haile Selassie I even if they don't know of Eashua. One is One and doesn't depend on anything but the Creator."
Bless

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 9/27/2008 1:19:04 PM

I thought catholics prayed to Mary, anyways in Ethiopia we pray to Christ to get to the Father, we actually see him as the Father, one with the Father. As Christ say himself ''he who sees me has seen the Father''. We search for the spirit of Christ not the image, the picture is just a rememberance. As Haile Selassie say, ''come to me all you are burdened and heavy laden and i will give you rest, take my yoke upon you and you will find rest for your souls for my work is easy and my burden is light'' who can resist such an invitation?

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 9/27/2008 2:31:16 PM

RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/27/2008 4:04:08 PM

Praises Young Lion
Give thanks for explaining now I overstand.
Bless

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/27/2008 6:37:48 PM

But reasoning further Young Lion, in RasTafarI, an iniversal movement for conscious people all over the world, the first law is Haile Sellassie I is God Incarnate. There is no going through Christ to pray to Sellassie I, you pray to Him, JAH RasTafarI. So although Ethiopians pray through Christ to come to the Father, is that not so in the Orthodox faith? Don't RasTas forward their prayers to the Father King Sellassie I? The Ethiopian RasTas I know do, but you'd obviously know better than me what the Order is in Ethiopia as an Ethiopian. I n I nah disrespect what the I feels, nor am I passing judgement on the I's way of worship. What I'm saying is in RasTafarI order; this is the way I n I were raised to pray, we pray to One God. And by no means am I denying Yesus has any place in RasTafarI, but fundamental principle is I n I was raised up pray to HIM. Seen?
Bless

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I