Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=299&start_row=11

Hola I Sabbath Day!

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras John Sent: 5/11/2004 8:48:05 PM

Seen, but I figure if it is that important of a thing, than wouldn't the Bible make more of a focus on it and explain more?

It seems to be a bit of an ambiguous statement.

I feel that JAH Yeshua tell us how to experience the Sabbath by telling us not to stop being good people and doing what is expected of us. E.g., if someone gets injured, it is not only permissable but the holy thing to do if you bring them to a hospital or nurse them yourself.

So it can be interpretted many ways. The way InI overstand it is a more disciplined one, which I see fit for InI. What InI see as important is not the actual practice but the intention behind the practice. Cuz what matters to a person is how close and true to themselves and JAH. InI. So as long as the I feel they are properly serving JAH as well as themselves then the I is doing what it proper.

One love

Ras John

Messenger: the rock Sent: 5/11/2004 11:05:04 PM

Peace brother John
I think that disapline is a fundamental basis that Christ teach, that the bible teach. I understand that the people need a set time to set aside for a motivation period. In this time they profess to be more this or that then at other times, I got no problems with that but again I stress, this walk is disapline, I mean, its as if I am the prince of the earth and everthing that my hands touch could be mine. but the disapline comes in because everything isnt for InI, Im learning that things need to be more Ital, everthing, everyday so that when a message is manifested through the I, it will be profoundly seen, by the I and others, cuz the I is in continuity with everything that Jah say. InI have to stay fit, clean with the most highest of livitity everyday, the task may seem hard, but the prize is such a natural thing to come about when the people is one with Jah. Zion. In the physical and in the spiritual...... Iree

Messenger: derech67 Sent: 6/1/2004 3:03:55 PM

one thing i know is that we should not kindle fire on the sabbat and when one lite a splif, one is in violation of that law.
if we are to keep the law we must keep the hold law not what we think we should keep that means no burning herb on sabbat day.
thou shalt not kindle a fire on the sabbat.

Messenger: derech67 Sent: 6/1/2004 3:11:46 PM

one thing i know is that yeshuah can never tell i how to keep the sabbat because yah already show i how to keep it.
some how we think that we can look to some other to teach us about YAH's law, but YAH say wo to those false prophets who lead my people astray, YAH already show da i's how to keep the sabbat, burn yeshuah the false prophet.

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 6/1/2004 3:14:10 PM

Greetings I

My bible say, no fire making in the room where you live and sleep.
It doesn´t say no fire at all.

Selah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/1/2004 3:48:46 PM

Greetings,

Derech67, about kindling a fire on the sabbath. The people were given orders to not kindle a fire on the sabbath day throughout their habitations, but sacrifices were still burned at the alter, and the hola incense unto Jah was also still burned.

I and I RasTafarI people burn the Kali Herb as Incense unto Jah, for meditation and prayer. So to I, that is different than kindling a fire for personal purposes.

But the I should observe the sabbath as you see fit.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 6/1/2004 5:16:33 PM

see if JAH give to law,that wood have been see by all but all did see JAH,JAH did not come down to the people he send some (one)person to talk to the people,JAH make it so you have time to get yourelf to gether.CHRIST bring a new overstanding of the law for a new time.and when the time come may those that are in JAH do JAH work.

JAH love

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I