Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2963&start_row=1

UNIA

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 8/2/2008 5:14:18 PM

Greetings in the name of the most higgh and mighty Jah RastafarI Haile Selassie!!.
Question .. is any one here a genuine member of U.N.I.A?

i HUMBLEY THANK

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/5/2008 7:50:38 AM

Greetings,

Yes I am a member. I attend the branch on broad street in Philadelphia. We have what is refered to as the "People university lecture series". The UNIA is alive and well. Brother Ramses runs that branch in Philly. We also have a farm that we work on which supports a co-op for the people.

I have witnesed many scholars come in and lecture to us. Some being Dr. Leonard Jefferies, Professor James Smalls, Ashra Kwesi, and many others. We raise our own funds to support the knowledge.

JAH RASTAFARI BLESS THE UNIA

HOWEVER, SOME FEEL THAT THERE IS DIVISON BETWEEN THE UNIA AND RASTAS. I FEEL THAT THAT IS UNFORTUNATE, BECUASE WE CAN SHARE SO MUCH BETWEEN US!!!

I am a Rastafarian, however I have much love for the UNIA, even if they do not overstand the divinity of H.I.M.

Hopefully some day all men and wombmen will see the divinity of his majesty.

Jah Rastafari Haile Selassie I Empress Menen Bless farIver

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/5/2008 7:08:19 PM

Dont mean to interrupt,but is this the Jah Bird that i know?

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 8/6/2008 5:41:08 AM

greetings.Ras KebreAB In the name of our GoD Haile Selassie,
It is I my brother, don't think you mail is workin....

I thank you sister EbonI for you reply on my question. the I wrote
"HOWEVER, SOME FEEL THAT THERE IS DIVISON BETWEEN THE UNIA AND RASTAS. I FEEL THAT THAT IS UNFORTUNATE, BECUASE WE CAN SHARE SO MUCH BETWEEN US!!!"
we do share our love for our continent and our heritage. "One God One aim one destiny"
But really i ask the question because InI can't really get a clear picture on the movement (at this time!!). maybe you can answer me this...Are the funds going to Africa?
Jah Guidance and light Guide thee I.

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/7/2008 2:09:56 PM

Greetings

To answer your question my brother, I do not want to be caught in a lie. So I must say, that I do not know exactly where the money go. However, I do know that we have a co-op that is fully up and running, and that we have farms in America to do our own work on.

On these farms, we have free living quaters, free food, and free clothing. Everything is soley taken care of by black people for black people.

Any black person is welcome to attend all the boards meetings that are held, and any black person can speak to all the brothers and sisters who hed up various projets for the UNIA.

Like I said, I was impressed at how the UNIA in Philly was so self sufficient. I remeber the first time I sat in there, I felt at peace. I remeber walking through the campus of Temple University to get there. By the time I got through all the hussle and bussle of modern comotions, I was about a block from the UNIA, when I heard a voice scream......"SISTER......SISTER". That voice would become known to me as Brother Ramses. He shook my hand, and once inside I was given several xerox copies of African information, and her rivers. Being how I love history, I was more than appreciative.

As brother Ramses started giving me more copies, I started taking in all the pictures on the walls of our beloved brother Marcus Garvey. I also saw old newspaper clippings about the UNIA, and our own newspaper, which helped wake up the black man and woman in America.

While Ramases was running off more copies to give me, I saw another brother who appeared to be an artisan. He was carving all sorts of African images, and was teaching me in the process. I immedietly felt at home.

After that, Ramases showed me a lecture hall that they built by themselves, that is ajoining to the other building. In this hall many great scholars once stood, and continue to teach the Idren of Africa the truth that has been hidden from us for centuries.

Once agian we raise our own money for the lectures. It is called the "people lecture series", or the "University lecture series". But all funds go to funding the UNIA, so that we remain a constant force in the black community.

I know that you did not ask for all this information, but I just wanted to share this with you.

Always in love for InI Idren Jah Rastafari Empress Menen Bless

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I