Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2962&start_row=1

IS IT OKAY FOR RASTAS TO ARM OURSELVES????

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/1/2008 4:18:47 PM

We all know the constitutional right to bear arms. I believe that this fall under the second amendment. Being how this world is evil, I was wondering if InI can protect Iselves against the evil ones?

Haile Selassie I armed his nation, but I see where Pete was rebuked by Christ for having weapons. Then I also hear how some InI say that weapons are carnal.

So what say the I's? I need to know, becuase I was thinking of getting a gun permit.

JAH BLESS

Messenger: IDread Sent: 8/1/2008 4:53:13 PM

Surely if the I buys a gun then it will only encourage your enemies (if you have any of course) to buy bigger guns? More guns leads to more problems without doubt.

Of course the I can defend Iself but surely there are better ways than simply buying a gun?

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/2/2008 3:45:30 PM

Praises An important principle of I N I movement is non-violence. We speak of peace and one love for all despite the evil world in which we live. I N I chant 4 respect of all life so why carry a gun that could take the life of another. There is also a very high statistic of people who die by the hand of their own guns rather than the gun of the offender. And if you have any, what about your children are u happy to live in a home where there is a gun they could find? There are many ways to protect ourselves depending on the kind of threat we face. You have only said evil in the world but that is not enough of a reason to I perhaps there is more. AND His Majesty armed the nation for several reasons main one being ETHIOPIA WAS UNDER THREAT & WAS AT WAR. You cant compare the war of a country to an individual who wants a gun. Circumstances are very diff there are reasons a state needs arms but for civilian people to run around with guns is what leads to vigilante gangs I know of places where this has happened... And if RASTA carries a gun what happens to faith knowing JAH will take care no matter what? Who carries HIS MAJESTY's word who come to do HIS works if RASTA carries a gun like a bad man... There are too many trigger happy people killing or being killed bec of self arming please re-consider Aya, personally I do not think its the way of I n I, there is a higher force. blessed love.

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/4/2008 2:30:45 AM

only jah is my defence, if i'm being attack i will defend my self to the death. to buy a gun to protect your self then those who is coming after you will get more and bigger guns. how are we to stop killing our selves for nothing? haile selassie i teachings

it part 2 of the auto biogrophy it is said that the italians see that giving ethiopians guns, they kill one another with it

and so today?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/9/2008 10:45:33 PM

The way I sight it, most people probably don't need a gun. But if a person lives in surroundings where there is a real and likely danger that they or their family would be attacked and killed, then it would be in their best interest to arm themselves, and depending on the severity of the surroundings, might also be foolish not to.

Everything in due time and season and everything in the right measure. Like I said most people probably don't need a gun, so it is not useful for a person to over-exaggerate to themselves about their present situation and get something they don't need.

There are different ways to prevent children or anybody else that comes to the house from getting a hold of a gun or other weapon. It is not having a gun that puts people's children at risk, it is being foolish with the handling and storage of the gun that brings the risk.

And if a person does feel that they need a gun to protect themselves, then they better know how to use it properly, or it can likely be used against themselves.

Guns are not something I promote, but I deal with reality, and I don't think people should be unrealistic about their danger or safety. Being unrealistic about either can lead to death or destruction.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/13/2008 8:41:03 AM

I thank the I's for all of the Itations brought forth on this subject.

Jah Rastafari Selassie I bless

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I