Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2935&start_row=1

who is a "jew" according to the bible?

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras power Sent: 7/23/2008 7:44:00 PM

the churches try to tell people that the isreal of the mid-east is that the bible soeaks about, they them selves think they are God's people, for that the whole world is unbalance if u know what i mean.

28For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.(rom 2v28-29)

that means that not because u were born jewish phisically, that u are one spiritually.
we have a passage where christ told some desendants of abraham, they are not reall from abraham, but from the devil(joh6v31-47)

4Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
5Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

6Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
9For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.
10And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid(rom9v4-14)

14For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
16In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.(rom2v14-16)

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.(gala3v16)

For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.(gala3v27,29)

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/1/2008 2:28:06 PM

Greetings

Okay, so who do you see as being the Jew of the Ible?

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/3/2008 12:23:54 AM

well i think the passages spoke for their selves,read it your self, a jew is all who accept christ, they are the children of abraham and all the promises are to them.

Question: Your Imperial Majesty, it is a great honour to be permitted to speak with you today and also to have you as a guest on this special Christmas programme which will be broadcast to people all over the world. Your Imperial Majesty, what is it that makes you want to follow Jesus Christ?

H.I.M.: When Jesus Christ was born from Virgin Mary, from that time on He lived an exemplary life, a life which men everywhere must emulate. This life and the faith which He has taught us assures us of salvation, assures us also of harmony and good life upon earth. Because of the exemplary character of the life of Jesus Christ it is necessary that all men do their maximum in their human efforts to see to it that they approximate as much as they can the good example that has been set by HIM.

It's quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time we make mistakes. We do commit sins, but even as we do that, deep in our hearts as Christians we know we have a chance of forgiveness from the Almighty. He taught us that all men are equal regardless of sex, their national origin and tribe. And He also taught us all who seek HIM shall find HIM. To live in this healthy life, a Christian life, is what makes me follow Jesus Christ.

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/12/2008 12:02:05 PM

Greetings one and all

In order to be a Jew, you must first be of the tribe of Yehuda(Judah) in order to be concidered as a Jew. You must be born a Jew. This term Jew as we have come to know it, exist thanks inpart due to labels given us from gentiles. That term Jew, you can not find among our people as a name source to describe ourselves. It was mostly Romans and Greeks slinging that word around.

If we read Deut the 28th chapter, it says specifically who the Jews are, and what will befall them. First as according to the scriptures, the Jews will be taken in slave ships and sent to serve out slavery in a foreign land (Deut.28:68). Only balcks have been trasnported in masses via ships into slavery. No other people can claim that.

The curses are put in place to describe who true Israel are in this day and time. It also say that the Jews will be striped of their identity, and we will not know that we are jews/Hebrews. Once agian we as blacks are the only ones who do not know who they are. All we can say is West Africa, becuase that is all we know. We only know where we were taken from, and what the white man has told us.

All of this is in scripture, if you care for me to go a bit deeper. But this is just a little to wet the apetite.

JAH BLESS

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/12/2008 7:36:50 PM

ras lets be real, jew use to be a people, every thing used leteral in the old testament is refered to as spiritual in the new, i gave the new testament version of what jew means. its a tearm refered to jah people.

seeing jah is in the hearts of men, a jew is one who accepts christ and therefore his majesty, cause in my view only those who truely accept christ message has accept His majesty,

acts 7-8 shows the story of steven the first apposel killed that was the turning point when the message was brought to the gentiles, it was preached to the ethiopin.

blessed love

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/13/2008 8:31:52 AM

Greetings

Peace aned love to you ras. I must inform you that I can not accept your RAS title becuase I am female. However I will give you the full raspect of a Ras, being as how you are male.

As far as the jew thing goes, I feel what you are saying to a tee. However I want to give you food for thought. Paul was known as the Apostle to the gentiles. Now I ask you, where did Paul go in his ministry? He went to Europe. So is the Ible telling I that the gentiles are Europeans?

Always love and raspect to you great ras. Follow Jah in your heart, for only Jah Rastafari is the earth's rightful ruler.

Jah Rastafari Haile Selassie I Empress Menen bless the I's

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/15/2008 5:27:36 PM

blessed love empress accept i apology, in this day a gentile is one who is not following jah law and there for not a child of jah.

i did not see that paul did not go to europe till he went to seria, turky etc, because all who were not jews are gentiles

blessed love

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/25/2008 11:42:17 PM

Blessed love to the I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/18/2014 8:47:08 AM

I think the sister made some interesting points. This is one of the prime causes of division over the Bible. None the less...... According to the OT the 'chosen people' are not whoever has Jah in their hearts spiritually as Ras Power a say, but a race / group of people specifically. You could burn that ideology and concept outright, but if you are going to deal with it then you also have to deal with that fact. So who are they?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/18/2014 10:11:03 AM

I kno when Joseph went to Egypt he told dem he came from da land of the Hebrews (Gen 40:15), before the Exodus while the Canaanites still ruled the land.

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I