Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2935&start_row=11

who is a "jew" according to the bible?

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 5/18/2014 3:57:46 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hebrew_Israelites

Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 6/3/2014 2:20:19 AM

So if the bible says the real jews were taken in slave ships and sent to serve out slavery in a foreign land(United States). That must mean West Africa and Africa in general is the holy land( Mt. Zion) for everyone, correct?

Bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/3/2014 6:05:13 AM

^^Explain 'for everyone' rasta....

From what I see it speaks of salvation for the Israelites specifically. God of Israel is consistent of protecting the Israelites. Ezekiel 36 and 37 talk about Israel returning to be a great Nation once again to rule over all other nations once they recognise the return of the messiah HIM.

Hosea 3:4-5 - "For the Israelites will live many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred stones, without ephod or idol. Afterward the Israelites will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the LORD and to his blessings in the last days."

Hosea 6:1 - "Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds."

Ezekiel 20:34 - "I will bring you from the nations and gather you from the countries where you have been scattered -- with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath."

Isaiah 11:11-12 NIV - "In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea. He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth."

Ezekiel 36: “Son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel and say, ‘Mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord. 2 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: The enemy said of you, “Aha! The ancient heights have become our possession.”’ 3 Therefore prophesy and say, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Because they ravaged and crushed you from every side so that you became the possession of the rest of the nations"................... ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I speak in my jealous wrath because you have suffered the scorn of the nations. 7 Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I swear with uplifted hand that the nations around you will also suffer scorn.

8 “‘But you, mountains of Israel, will produce branches and fruit for my people Israel, for they will soon come home. 9 I am concerned for you and will look on you with favor; you will be plowed and sown, 10 and I will cause many people to live on you—yes, all of Israel. The towns will be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt. 11 I will increase the number of people and animals living on you, and they will be fruitful and become numerous. I will settle people on you as in the past and will make you prosper more than before. Then you will know that I am the Lord. 12 I will cause people, my people Israel, to live on you. They will possess you, and you will be their inheritance; you will never again deprive them of their children.

13 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Because some say to you, “You devour people and deprive your nation of its children,” 14 therefore you will no longer devour people or make your nation childless, declares the Sovereign Lord. 15 No longer will I make you hear the taunts of the nations, and no longer will you suffer the scorn of the peoples or cause your nation to fall, declares the Sovereign Lord.’”

Ezekiel 37.... ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. 22 I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms. 23 They will no longer defile themselves with their idols and vile images or with any of their offenses, for I will save them from all their sinful backsliding,[b] and I will cleanse them. They will be my people, and I will be their God.

24 “‘My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd. They will follow my laws and be careful to keep my decrees. 25 They will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob, the land where your ancestors lived. They and their children and their children’s children will live there forever, and David my servant will be their prince forever. 26 I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and increase their numbers, and I will put my sanctuary among them forever. 27 My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people. 28 Then the nations will know that I the Lord make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever.’”

.. It then goes on to describe God now protecticing Israel after 'sending' them into slavery. And God punishing the enemies of Israel who came and 'invaded from the North'.....

Alot of punishment and venegence in there, But God specifically declares Israel holy above other nations. Israel is Gods concern it would seem. Divisive...

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 6/3/2014 7:49:56 AM

Yes king give thanks for the references.

What seems to be divisive here is becoz JAH no partial.Still,can't forget the words of the Almighty Lion:It is us today,it will be you tommorow.Seen...

Babylon must BURN!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/3/2014 9:58:25 AM

That theme of Israelites oppression scattering then gathering and rise to glory reminds I of the story of Ausar. Jesus has the same theme of suffering then death and rising to glory. That's the basic theme of "the chosen" which Israel was to "their" god" and everybody else is to "their" gods, which is symbolic of man striving to reaching her/his higher self. But I think Africans have more to with Ausar than Israel in terms of being killed and scattered and gathered back together and reaching their highest

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/3/2014 10:23:01 AM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/3/2014 10:25:09 AM

^^Most definate king...... and even with the Ausar thing...... I sight ALL of that are just manipulations of the original resurrection and rebirth of the original son - Jah SUN.

Man sight them story in the sky everyday since iration. Which is why them put so much focus on the solstices.

Jah see and know,

Stay Bless!!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/3/2014 12:59:14 PM

True, As above so below! Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven!
True Knowledge free from shakkles!!

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I