Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=283&start_row=1

Harassment

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta sista Sent: 4/15/2004 8:16:18 AM

Jah Itects inI time n time again.

Yesterday, InI received yet another indirect threat to my personal religious freedom. A strict muslim lady thatI have known for ten years, and who cannot accept the fact that I am a Rasta, mailed InI the meanest thing.
I had sent her teen a beautiful peom about Angels of which the girl was so pleased and kept it safe. Her Mom deftly clipped it out and destroyed it with Arabic transcripts, hiliting, etc. and attached a long letter full of explanations why Only "their view" is correct on who or what Angels are. Fact is, Jah promises to put 144,000 only into the Ighest Region. That's 144,000 Redeeemed from the Irt. Not billions fighting and killing over religion!!!
I tore it up into bits and chucked it out.
Last week, she was on the phone trying to preach.

InI na need dis botheration.

Jah Jah is my Shepherd.

Nesta sista

Messenger: Benjahmin Sent: 4/15/2004 9:39:15 AM

Yes Nesta Sister,
I know exactly what Th`Isis is talking about. I mother started reading the Bible for no other reason than to find things to contradict I faith. I Father went to see a big famous Preacherman for just the same reason....in fact the first time in his life he actually got interested in spiritual matters. I uncle and his wife are Jehovas Witnesses....and a lot of I neighbours are muslims. Well fine for them all.....but constantly beeing questioned , aggressed and ridiculed by people having a different faith is truly a nuisance.
I really don`t get the point of people imprisoning themselves in some sort of lifestyle or religion and trying to trap others into the same B*llsh*t. If one truly feels fine with ones faith...there is no necessity to get others to believe the same thing. They will see ones happyness and follow by themselves.
But like it seems , mankind is bound to stick to the " crab in a barrel-effect".....meaning when one crab tries to escape that prison ...the others will drag her back in.....so when You liberate Th `I mind and follow the true freedom of faith....others will try to imprison one just once more into what they call religion.
Stay strong sistren....and just shake off those things.They are not worth wasting energy on them.
JAH Love
Benjahmin

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/15/2004 4:47:18 PM

Greetings,

So many people think that there religion alone is right. So they think they are doing something good by convincing people to join their religion. This is how babylon uses people to gather others to support them.

It is good to know yourself, and what you stand for. So when people come and challenge you, you have the answers. It is not necessary to prove anything to others, but when people see that there is nothing that they can say against your trod, then will they find other things to talk about.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nesta sista Sent: 4/16/2004 12:14:14 AM

InI deal wit Livity; not death.
InI always hear the religious freaks proudly bragging the End is Near; meanwhile, dem na know dat His Imperial Ijesty, Emperor Haile Selassie the First is already here, troddin de Irt.

Yes, shout it out from de Ighest Firmanent on Jahrock, Shasamente and all in between!!

Jah Jah Rastafari Ever Living! Ever True!!! Selassie I the First!!!

I am feeling homesick now.

Jah love,

Nesta sista

Messenger: peter mloyi Sent: 4/17/2004 2:17:31 PM

In i school were i'm working there was a conversation between teachers I didn't want to get involved but i was followed it. one of them said we afrikans we did knew God before the comming of our opposers(whites) and what they are teaching is almost the same how it was just names and numbers are changed.
This week i was reading a work of great french socilogist, Emile.., who was a jew, about religion. He said religion is the thinking relevant to that specific society or person...
In todays world there are Religions, I wonder if there is spirituality there, which want to dominate the world and curse others, I'm still question who's authority is allowing them to do this! I personally i have meet with these things, people who try to critisize my thinking of divinity and plant there's on me.
Todays world will be very much better for everyone if we do respect the believes of others. Most of the conflicts will not be here. In Tanzania we have a great conflict on pipeline between Muslims and Xtians why?. Muslims are offended by christians for claiming that Jesus Christ is God although they are not forced to believe in this.
Now What is the norm to judge that this religion is better than that one/others? Can't I-Rasta believe in Jah at the same time Others believe in Allah or white washed Jesus in peace and respect?
All religions preachs of peace, but others think they can fear others by massacring in millions as what is happening in sudan now, afghanistan, Serbia, yugoslavia, Sept.11, bali. without forgeting the slave ships and their drivers.
Selasie always taught us to strive for peace as jesus didand Muhamad also, can mankind put this in practise. Yes we can if we go back to our holy books not thinking of man who are not perfect.
Jah guides us.
RasTafarI.
I'n'I mloyi.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/17/2004 3:53:10 PM

The wars are not about religion, they are about power, control and land. People who want to control others, use religion, tribalism, or other forms of grouping to gather people together to control them.

This desire for control extends beyond the group, so they use the group to fight, kill and gather more land, control and power over others.

This lust and greed for power and control grows, and the heathen extends farther and farther until they are stopped.

This will continue until this wicked desire is no more.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 4/17/2004 5:13:05 PM

Yeah Ark I seen...

WHat INI gotta contribute to this conversation is that we cannot go and do the same that they do- disrespect others for having different beliefs. We must have love and respect for everyone. One of the main beliefs in Hinduism is simply that- respect and acceptance for different religions, ethnicities and cultures. Hinduism is the oldest known religion still practiced (this is arguable of course) and INI overstand it to hold divine truth very similar to Rastafari... So I see this principle of acceptence to be very important and it must be respected by everyone. Its the same message Yeshua bring and SelassieI as well as countless numbers of prophets and wise people. It is necessary for humanity and so we must realize this.

So if a Muslim or anyone gives us shit for not living life like they live, I suggest you do one of two things- either leave them alone and don't get yourself into a bad situation or explain to them about the similarities in Rastafari and whatever beliefs they have and teach them about RastafarI so they can respect and accept it more easily.
The latter one is obviously preferable but if the I senses strong negativity it is unlikely they will go along with the second...

Peace to everyone... JAH Love reign in every nation...

Ras John

Messenger: Nesta sista Sent: 4/18/2004 2:04:03 PM

All thanks n Ises to the Most High, Iverliving, Jah Rastafari.

All these words comfort InI as I sit here like lamb awaiting slaughter for the next onslaught from folk who cannot accept InI Livity with Jah.

Yes, Ras John- Hinduism is fascinating, though so deeply intellectual is difficult for InI to overstand it.

Sikhism too is fascinating.

God is one

Nesta sista

Messenger: Leroy Sent: 4/23/2004 7:15:16 AM

Greatful you could send I the poem or put it up on the site. Bless

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I