Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2786&start_row=1

Black In White Country

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JoRas Sent: 5/7/2008 4:09:38 PM

Do you now how hard is to live with White people,I am living in Moldova and ones Gang Of Skinheads had beaten me and cut my dreads it was hard,and I decided to tie turban to keep my dreads from overs eye,but i can find how to tie turban

Meditaiting about this actions of skinhead I think that we are same think about Scrols of black Supremacy And Let's Talk
JoRas I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/7/2008 9:24:23 PM

It is very hard to tell somebody how to tie a turban without showing them.

One thing you should consider though is that if those skinheads attacked you and cut your locks, it is not likely that a turban would make you any better off. You might even be worse off. The skinheads probably hate muslims more than black people with dreadlocks, and if you walk around with a turban, they will likely think you are muslim and you might be treated even worse.

If you are worried about being attacked by those devils again, it would be safer to keep your locks covered with some kind of hat.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 5/8/2008 12:40:40 AM

blessed love

wouldn't help...wouldn't help nor hats nor anythings, brethren might as well be bold...he still is black, when they see black, they attack, he can't change his skin color

This last week I was in I home town, witch is notourious for skinheads and nazism, with all the foreigners getting beat up, students, workers, everybody, especially black ones, even the mayors office is racist, everything is racist here...
so it so happened that I was in a park, with I turbon as always, I was with couple of friends whom I see rarely because I don't live there no more, smoked a joint, talked and desided to go... As we where on the way, when InI where walking thru the bushes I saw a skinhead coming toward us, actually toward I, as he was looking straight at I, all the way...a guy of about 6'6, I tought to I self what's gonna be, gonna be, I even had a pocket knife in I hand in a pocket, ready to make him remember, but I guess as he came, he might have heard us talking Lithuanian and didn't attack straightly, he started walking next to us, looking at me, so I tought perhaps he was waiting for I to say something to find out weather I'm a foreigner or not, I didn't even pay attention to him, I started talking with I friends and then he disappeared...
I guess you could call it white privilege, but it's to the extent of being balck or white, if I was black, there would have been a fight, but still if I was not black, just a muslim or a foreigner with a turbon, their would have been a fight probably as well...
what is strange that he didn't attack I anyway, because they don't care really, they attack even 15 year-old kids with skateboards or even dreads, they attack rappers etc. and he didn't even say not a single word to I, that's what I find strange...

I don't know how to deal with this situation, only peaceful means, could be non fighting strategy, just praying and believing in the Most high, Psalm 23, but I guess sometimes one is resorted to use force, here is where the problem is...because they are many and the I is one, but I think if the I would be ready for an attack, JAH would come in assistance, David beats Goliath anytime, just trust HIM with the I life and the I shall see.

I hope the I is well.

Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: jah seek Sent: 5/8/2008 3:57:50 AM

Blessings and Safe Keeping,
InI can testify that Skinheads, KKK and Nazi's don't really like anyone who is not one of them. What really gets me is that most likely 90% of them aren't even of the "pure white race". I feel all that we can do is pray to Jah to show them "the Light". InI hope that this message finds you well and safe. Jah Rastafari!

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 5/8/2008 10:25:29 AM

my lawd...I AM SO SO SORRY
I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY ..
IVE ONLY SEEN ONE SKIN HEAD MY WHOLE LIFE ,AND WE BEAT HIM SO BADLY HE NEVER CAME BACK TO SCHOOL. THAT WAS IN 94 HIS FAMILY MOVED HERE FROM DOWN SOUTH.,. IVE NEVER SEEN ONE AGAIN..
THIS IS A REMINDER THAT THE WORLD ISNT CANTON..
WHITES AND BLACKS HERE, KILL EACH OTHER TOGETHER OVER WOMAN MONEY DRUGS AND COLORS OF YOUR CLOTHES !!!! BUT THEY WILL KILL U !!!!JUST THE SAME...
THE HATE IS ABOUT YOUR HOOD WHOS YOUR CLIK !!!WAT STREET YOUR FROM
BUT I GUESS ON A OVERALL SCALE IT FEELS A BIT BETTER THAN RACISM
THE ONLY RACISM, IVE EVER REALLY ENCOUNTERED ,WAS BY THE POLICE IN A SMALL TOWN CALLED ALLIANCE ,ON MY WAY TO THE TRAIN STATION ,TO GO TO TABERNACLE..
ITS DEVISTATING FOR ME TO HEAR
HOTEP ITS LIKE THAT WERE U LIVE TOO?
MY GOD U 2 NEED VISAS AND COME AND BE AMONGST SOME BOBO IM MOVIN TO PHILLY IN SEPTEBER TO LIVE WITH PEOPLE WHO LOOK LIKE ME EAT LIKE ME CHANT LIKE ME PRAY LIKE ME
I PRAY JAH GIVE U BOTH THE STRENGTH TO COME GET YOUR ANNOINTIN FROM A PREIST AND U KNOW?
JAH BE WITH U BOTH'

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 5/8/2008 10:25:33 AM

Messenger: JoRas Sent: 5/9/2008 4:59:08 PM

Yes I belive that Jah will help,I want to learn to tie turban not for keaping me dreads of Skin heads eye(they will find there justice) I want to keep them from sun.
I trully belive that HIM will clean there minds from this Polution OF Babylon they don't understand the real life that there is love behold this violence ''They must find it difficult......
Those who have taken authority as the truth,rather than truth as the authority ''and when the power of love will other stand the love of power then will come the PEACE!!
Blessed Love
Jah RastafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Prophetess Tonya Sent: 5/9/2008 9:47:46 PM

INI PRAY FOR THE I SPIRTUAL HEALING. VERY SAD.
INI COME TO LET YOU KNOW INI HEAR THE VOICE THE JAH TWICE.
JAH TOLD ME TO FEED THE HUNGRY, POOR AND THE SICK.
JAH CALLED UP A PROPHET IN THE IBLE PROPHET ZECHARIAH.
ZECHARIAH MEAN JAH REMEMBER. SO HOLD ON YOUR FAITH.
JAH COMING TO FIYAH BURN BABYLON. ALL THE WICKEST ON EARTH.
WE ARE JAH CHOSEN PEOPLE. JUDEAN.
JAH SEE EVERYTHING. SO KEEP INI FAITH STRONGHOLD.

Tying your Crown hope this might help I

Drape the rectangular scarf over the head off-centered so that one end hangs much farther down the body than the other. Gather the ends of the scarf at the nape of the neck and cross them behind the head. Wrap the longer end of the scarf over your crown which should be laid along the front edge of the scarf approximately 1-2 inches from the edge (over the top of the head).
Continue to wrap around to meet the other, shorter, end of the scarf and knot the two ends together. Make sure you stuff all your locks. Guided along the back of the head and tucked under the scarf, out of sight.

Jah Love for IVER MORE.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/12/2008 3:20:52 PM

Rook Fari Selah

Philly is good place? I've heard horror stories from der as well. People who visit St. Louis say mixed things. 1-can't believe people still have slave mentality 2-have never seen so much love in midst of turmoil esp for rasta and roots and culture

-RSK

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 5/12/2008 4:46:49 PM

BLESSED LOVE EMPRESS
I DONT LIVE IN PHILLY I LIVE IN CANTON
PHILLY IS WHERE OUR E A B I C BOBO SHANTY TABERNACLE IS
I CANT SPEAK FOR THE WHOLE OF PHILLY I ONLY KNOW BOBO THERE
BUT WHERE I LIVE ITS JUST GANGS WHO R THE PROBLEM
WHITE BLACK AND LATINO
THEY ALL INTERGRATE
BY STREETNAMES ITS NOT A RACIST PLACE
MORE MIXIN HERE THEN ANY WHERE ELSE IVE SEEN
BUT THE KILLIN IS OUT CONTROL