Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2784&start_row=11

WHO COULD IT BE KNOCKIN ON THE BOBO MAN DOOR?

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 5/11/2008 12:20:29 PM

I watched a movie about the latter day saints. It was basically a history of the sect that broke off. I can't remember the whole details. Anyway, they basically murdered a whole set of people travelling through their settlement due to their feeling threatened by them etc.

The funny thing was that, the movie was funded by the church itself and was a propaganda movie... so one would think it would be purposely made to put them in a good light. And lemme say... IF that is the story in a good and forgiving light... I would hope that their judgment will be organised by the Most High HIMself, cos if they had to make up their own judgement, it would be more bloody and more awful. It was crazy.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/12/2008 9:48:36 AM

I am not attacking anyone's experiences or knowledge of mormonism if there is such a word.

It just bothers me that an entire religious base is credited or discredited for that matter or more due to the actions of a segment which broke off and did something dishonorable.

To attack the doctrine is fair game; I have no dispute with this.

Should we blame all Christians or followers of Christ or condemn them based on the fact that many Southerners used biblical scripture and Christianity to defend their participation in the Afrikan slave trade? Or even today, colonization of foreign countries with a Bible in one hand, and fire arms in the other?

I have learned much about the mormon religion that I did not know after following the link Ark I provided in his post. (Thank you for this)

I don't agree with the dishonesty and abuse that has occured. As for collecting food stamps to prosper, I don't think that is a mormon issue, that is a pimp issue. Though certainly there is much to find fault with in their doctrine (I did more research over the week end).

In summation, an anal cavity is just that, an a**hole! The atrocity that has been carried out is just plain WRONG! This forum has helped me to expand my ovastanding of this subject and I believe that is one of the objectives of the forum. For this, I thank you all.

-RSK

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/12/2008 3:15:34 PM

By the way................had you told your baby not to wake you, not even for a cup of tea?

-RSK

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 5/12/2008 4:49:16 PM

LOL THAT WAS GOOD DAWTA

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I