Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2776&start_row=31

monk picture that is claimed to be Haile Selassie I - deception

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: prophecy Sent: 7/21/2009 1:34:17 AM

Blessed, this reasonment reminds I of some other deception. So, I have a question. As I n I know nothing is new under the sun as far as religions, societies, so on who fight the idea of rastafari way of life. In I trodding, I see more judgement, but that is ok. The problem is,I am still a student seeking answers, so I would like to be able to defend with proof.

The main argument I come across, and came across it from an afrikan studies professor, who did not know I am a daughter of Zion. He laughed at the idea that people follow Selassie(but then humbled himself). But, what I'm trying to get at is, is it true or not true that Selassie stated, "I am not the messiah!"

I never heard or read that, but have heard this before. Even if he did say that, I think it was for a reason.

Then I come to this:

I was told,but never read or heard(but would like the source) that Selassie told the people, "who am I to tell them what to believe!"

Can someone give I some light in this matter..

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/21/2009 8:43:08 AM

When people make up those lies, they always do it based on an interview Selassie I had with Bill McNeil in Canada. They always come and misrepresent Selassie I and say that Selassie I said that He is not the Messiah, or that He is not God. But if the I actually look at what He said, He never said He is not anything, He only mentioned some of the things that He is.

Here is an extensive Reasoning about the statement Haile Selassie I said,

Selassie I is a Man that is One with Jah

Later on in that Reasoning, I mention the other quote the I spoke about:

--------------------------------------------------------
Here is a quote from the book Reggae Routes: The Story of Jamaican Music By Kevin O'Brien

-----------
Former Senator and Gleaner editor, Hector Wynter, tells of asking him, during his visit to Jamaica in 1966, when he was going to tell Rastafarians he was not God. 'Who am I to disturb their belief?' replied the emperor.
-----------
--------------------------------------------------------

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 7/21/2009 9:03:08 AM

Blessed Love give thanks, I apprecilove it, it gives I more wise-mind to respond. This is why it is so important that rastafari children are grounded in their foundation of faith, if not, ones and ones can discourage faith.
In all I studies, I notice that when books attempt to describe Rastafari, it is the one that is the shortest definition and so misleading. I have a book from college called, "World redigions" and Rastafari is two paragraphs of nothing but negativity. I don't see this with others, but nothing new. Perhaps they don't want anyone to reveal that I n I black God and king is african.

Messenger: ras dave Sent: 10/7/2009 7:55:05 AM

a real jah man will never die.he will live forever

Messenger: Roots Brasil Sent: 11/17/2009 9:12:35 AM

"But soon after Christ was crucified, they disregarded His teachings and come and convince people that they are saved from their sin because Christ was crucified. Even though Selassie I already told I and I how to be saved from sin as it is recorded in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. And what Selassie I taught I and I was not what they claimed, He showed I and I that we are saved from sin by becoming One with the Most High Living Perfect as I and I Father is Perfect."

Yes Give thanks Ark I

Because to give thanks is the first step on worshiping Jah ! Be grateful ! I and I give thanks and prays !

So its truth the pseudochristians say they are already saved because Jesus died on the cross ... but the bible is an atemporal thing it means that the bible have no present past ore future ... Anyway ... When its said YOU ARE SAVED BECAUSE OF THE SACRIFICE ... its truth because the Prophet was seeing we being washed when the SECOND COVENANT that WILL START and didnt began yet will be active ... let me show I and I HEBREWS 8
to show that we arent on SECOND COVENANT YET

Hebrews 8 :

8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

King James Version

Well ....

The laws arent writen on our heart yet but it says we are already washed away of our sins having in mind that the sacrife of the Pure one Yahshua was made , but like I said , Bible is atemporal , we are already WASHED AWAY OF OUR SINS AND SAVED (in the future) ... see ?

Blessings

Messenger: Roots Brasil Sent: 11/17/2009 9:15:06 AM

"And what Selassie I taught I and I was not what they claimed, He showed I and I that we are saved from sin by becoming One with the Most High Living Perfect as I and I Father is Perfect."

Yes and Haile I Selassie I pointed to the ONLY CHURCH that isnt corrupted ... THE HOLY ORTHODOX CHURCH as a Fountain of the Ancient Doctrine HIM was an Orthodox ... we have in Orthodoxy a thing that "I and I that we are saved from sin by becoming One with the Most High Living Perfect as I and I Father is Perfect." , that is caleed THEOSIS

Here I let the link ... http://orthodoxwiki.org/Theosis

Messenger: Roots Brasil Sent: 11/17/2009 9:50:06 AM

We cannot have a false name declaring that we are sons of God while we don't behave as sons. The last verse (29) of the First Epistle of John, chapter 2 says,

If ye know that He is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of Him.

That means we cannot have a false name saying that we are sons of God while we are not obeying Him and we are not walking in His ways. For this reason Saint John says,

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him : and he cannot sin, because he is born of God (1 John III : 9)

To be born of God means that you cannot sin, not only that you do not sin but you cannot sin because you are the son of God. And he repeats the same words in chapter 5 of his First Epistle (verse 18)

Whosoever is born of God sinneth not.

For this reason He says that the children of God are manifest and the children of the Devil are manifest (1 John III : 10) because you know them by their fruits (Matthew VII : 16). Every tree may be known by its fruits. What is the fruit of your life ? Is it the fruit of the Spirit or not ?

Messenger: Roots Brasil Sent: 11/17/2009 9:53:01 AM

The first step is repentance. The first step in the life of God is repentance. Our Lord God says in the Gospel of Luke (XIII : 3 & 5) that if you cannot repent you will perish. Repentance is the door of life, of returning to God or returning to the divine image, but what is repentance ? Repentance doesn't mean not to commit sin any longer, because a person may not commit sin but he loves sin in his heart. Perhaps he doesn't commit sin because he is afraid of the results or because he is afraid of shame or of any danger, or of punishment. But the real repentance is to hate sin. If we hate sin you cannot do it, because it will not be desirable to you, it will be against your will and against your nature. This is repentance.

Repentance is returning to God. It is to be reconciled with God once more, to be transferred from this obedience to obey the commandment of God. Our great teacher, Saint Paul, says in his Epistle to the Hebrews, when he is rebuking them,

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin (XII : 4)

That means that you use all your strength, all your power, even if there is blood shed, to struggle against sin.

Why does the apostle say that the flesh lusts against the spirit and the spirit lusts against the flesh ? This is for beginners, but for people who are perfect there is no conflict between body and spirit. Both are walking in the ways of God. Also repentance is not sufficient, because repentance may give an idea of the negative way, but we should work in the positive way. How ?

How to live a spiritual life; to practice all spiritual means, to practice prayer, contemplation, practicing Haile I Selassie I teachings , reading the Bible, attending spiritual meetings, , the practice of virtues of the bible , peace serenity and love in order that your spirit may be fed with these spiritual means. There is a good verse in the First Epistle of Saint Peter (III : 4). He is speaking about the beauty of a gentle and a quiet spirit and in the Book of the Song of Songs it is written

Messenger: Roots Brasil Sent: 11/17/2009 9:56:08 AM

Who is this that cometh out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke

I mean by 'pillars of smoke' when we put grains of incense(GANJA) and the incense becomes as smoke, pillars of smoke going up to heaven, 'perfumed with myrrh and frankincense' with all the mentioned fragrant powders; a spirit which has a good smell, a spiritual smell in front of God. Is this sufficient ?

When God created man, man was given a blessing and also authority, but when man sinned he lost his blessing and he lost his authority. Man had authority even in the company of beasts and they didn't harm him because he had authority. All of creation was under his obedience, but he lost his dignity when he sinned and he lost the blessing.

When a man returns to spiritual life he may return to his blessing and to his authority and he should also grow up in the life of the Spirit. Until what ? Until he reaches holiness - holiness of life -

Saint Paul sent letters to the saints of Ephesus (I : 1). He also says,

Salute every saint in Christ Jesus (Philippians IV : 21)

All of them were saints living the holy life because God said 'Be holy as I am holy' (1 Peter I : 16). Repentance is the first step; growing up in the spiritual life is the second; and a holy life is the third step. Are there any more ?

Yes, there is something more; more than holiness, and that is perfection. How to be perfect even in holiness ? How to grow up until you reach the degree of perfection, because our Lord Jesus Christ said in His Sermon on the Mount,

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect (Matthew V : 48)

Not only to repent, not only to walk in the spiritual way, not only to grow up, not only to be a holy person, but also to be perfect in holiness

Give thanks

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/17/2009 11:06:03 PM

Yes I, I and I are to turn towards Selassie I again and be Perfect in One.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I