Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2758&start_row=1

WHAT IS FORGIVENESS

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/27/2008 10:30:52 AM

WHAT IS FORGIVENESS.
WHEN YOU FORGIVE SOMEONE IN YOUR HEART,SOME SAY FORGIVE AND FORGET.
FOR ME THAT IS HARD TO DO
IS FORGIVE,
TO GET OVER WHAT THEY DID AND LET THEM IN YOUR LIFE STILL ..
OR IS FORGIVENESS.?????.
SAYING,
IM NOT GOING TO PHYSICALLY HURT U OR HOLD A GRUDGE FOR WHAT U DID ME.. JUST GO YOUR WAY.???.
LET I KNOW HOW THE I DEM FEEL

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 4/27/2008 11:11:04 AM

blessed love my lawd

It's easy for I to say of course, no one has done I so much that it would hurt I really big, but I forgive everyone, because of InI Father, because HE has for given I so many times, that I can't even for give in I whole life, as much HE has showed mercy even till now, but...as I have said, forgiveness is what everyone gets from I, but trust and respeckt is something that is earned, it depends on what one has done and the context of all this that was done, if I let that person back in I life. If I don't, it doesn't mean I hold grudge against that person, I just prefer not to have a snake and wolf around.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/27/2008 12:14:31 PM

"IM NOT GOING TO PHYSICALLY HURT U OR HOLD A GRUDGE FOR WHAT U DID ME.. JUST GO YOUR WAY.???."
Yes that is forgiveness

"TO GET OVER WHAT THEY DID AND LET THEM IN YOUR LIFE STILL"
That is the ultimate,highest form of forgiveness. That is Christ-like and what we all should try to achieve

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 4/27/2008 12:23:49 PM

"TO GET OVER WHAT THEY DID AND LET THEM IN YOUR LIFE STILL"
That is the ultimate,highest form of forgiveness. That is Christ-like and what we all should try to achieve

Yes I
What if that person hasn't even said sorry?

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/27/2008 1:43:37 PM

U SEE THE THING IS FOR ME IF I SAY I FORGIVE SOME ONE ...
IF MY SISTER STOLE SOMETHING FROM ME I WOULD FORGIVE HER AND ALLOW HER IN MY LIFE I WOULD JUST WATCH HER A LIL
BUT IF SOME ONE COMPLETELY OFFENDS ME LIKE BELIGERENTLY..WITH THE I DONT GIVE A -=-=-
NOT CARING HOW I FEEL OR WILL REACT TO WHAT THEY DID I DONT WANT THEM, AROUND ME U SEE WHAT I MEAN
IS THAT FORGIVENESS
OR ALOWANCE ?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/27/2008 3:52:42 PM

"What if that person hasn't even said sorry?"

Yes I, Repentance must come before forgiveness

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/28/2008 10:14:10 AM

Blessed love family,

I love the reasoning. These are important principles to overstand, because these are the ones that can guide us in the sunday to sundays of InI lives... and create the elevation of Self. I do give thanks!!

Regarding forgiveness, I agree totally with the idea that repentance has to come before forgiveness. If a One cannot repent, then forgiveness is not the responsibility of anyone else, and is not even an option. I think in that case, allowance is the term to be used.

Both of these premises, allowance and forgiveness, are based on overstanding in the true sense of the term. It's like what we were talking about on the other thread about overstanding human impulse, actions and reactions at the lower, as well as higher, levels. I think to release ourselves from the situations where we are affected and drawn in by the negative actions of others, we have to be able to... like Prince Hotep has been saying... overstand the dependabilities (and lack of dependability) of flesh. I can't remember who was saying something like this on another thread, but the person was talking about compassion. Compassion is not to say we are expected to like the actions of others, but if we overs the various states of being and state of mind, then we can offer compassion. I think this is the premise which His Majesty acts on when dealing with the fallen.

I hear it debated on the forum... Ones and Ones ask about why His Majesty could bear the company of the wicked for certain visits and in certain political scenarios and that kind of thing. Some may get confused and perhaps use this as an excuse to keep counsel with the wicked. However, I think the Father... no, I know the Father is master of compassion, as with all things. Compassion in this case is based on knowing He is the father of the fallen as well as of the Highly. As Father of creation, these wicked men do not exist without HIM, do not have life breath without HIM... but what has happened for them to fall? It is He who overstands it all. It is He who knows of where the seed of temptation lies, and the ways in which people (children of the Most High) can fall to it. We know that the devil uses trickery and counterfeit to deceive the children of JAH, so although the choice between good and evil belongs to man... even in the choice of evil JAH RasTafari has already overstood WHY one makes the wrong choice.

This is where repentance comes into it. IF the One repents, then and only then can JAH offer forgiveness (and it IS guaranteed - on repentance). The Most High already overstands why one may fall to temptation. It is for the one to overstand why they fell to temptation, connect with the choice and repent for making the wrong one. Again, forgiveness is then guaranteed.

So... in terms of how InI can forgive. I think that we can use our knowledge to sight the syndromes, the isms, the schisms. We reason a lot about the origins of this, the seed of it, the rotten tree, and the fruit of it. Then, perhaps when we see a perfect child of Creation eat from it... we must have compassion for their hunger. Forgiveness is out of our hands, until they realise the tree they ate from. But compassion can help us release ourself from the negative situation by sighting their hunger, find solace in the fact that we do not hunger enough to blindly eat from any old tree. And furthermore, we can feel more whole in the knowledge that once the person real-eyes, forgiveness has to be a guarantee.

Give thanks for the touch! This is like... therapy!!!! :)

Ever blessed in the name of Ras Tafari... one to be feared, head creator, prince of peace... all of them!!!! Give thanks for the comforter, Emmanuel I... Selassie I!!! First.

Messenger: Ras monono san Sent: 12/14/2023 1:40:53 PM

Greetings from the most i.
Jah worda has spoken thru your mind you wrote this words of comfort and healing. Because it is thru HIM that i been healed by learning thru reason the power of forgiveness. My jah bless qll of your desires and guard you against babylan. For it isnny grace thru him that you have been saved. I pray thay you continue to reason with love. I pray that he will guide you and show you mercy. As i and i strive for livity.

salamat from philippines

Messenger: Ras monono san Sent: 12/14/2023 1:40:54 PM

Jah worda has spoken thru your mind you wrote this words of comfort and healing. Because it is thru HIM that i been healed by learning thru reason the power of forgiveness. My jah bless qll of your desires and guard you against babylan. For it isnny grace thru him that you have been saved. I pray thay you continue to reason with love. I pray that he will guide you and show you mercy. As i and i strive for livity.

salamat from philippines

Messenger: Ras monono san Sent: 12/14/2023 1:40:55 PM

salamat from philippines

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I