Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2756&start_row=11

What is trust?

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/26/2008 11:17:35 PM

hmm, i need to iditate more on this

for now i just wanted to say, perhaps, there are two kinds of trust and not just one.

There is trust based on knowledge
for eg, i can say i trust i parents and i brothers and sisters totally 100 percent. This trust is based on the knowledge/isperience of the love that we have shared through the years,through all i life.
This trust that is based on knowledge doesnt apply only in the positive sense, it can also be applied in the negative, meaning that, for eg, if you know a person to be weak in integrity, then you can trust them to do what a weak person will do, whether it be to betray you or lie to you etc

And then second,there is the trust that is not based on knowledge,but simply based on the need to trust.
For ex, when you are starting on a relationship with someone,it can be a love relationship or even just a friendly relationship
You dont trust that person because of knowledge or isperience since you dont have any about that person yet.
But inorder for the relationship to progress, you have to trust that person to a certain extent. You just have to say, ok this person might let i down in the future,but i have to just trust for now,for the sake of the relationship. Ofcourse then,it would be foolish to immediately begin with 100 percent trust

And then as time goes, if that person does let you down when the opportunity arrives, then you know.
In such situations, i always give my trust quickly, because it doesnt bother i, if one takes i for a fool.....once. But if one does betray i that one time, they will never get another chance to do so again.

On the other hand,if as time goes and that person never breaks the trust that you share, then it is a true blessing, because with time,that trust will be converted from the trust based on the need to trust,into the trust based on knowledge and isperience of what that person is truly like.
And then, like everything with life, the trust between you will grow, until you can achieve that 100 percent trust. The time it would take to do that i suppose would vary from person to person,as some are more prone to trust easily than others are

I feel like digging up that Sizzla song,
"Who to be trust and loved, if you cannot be trust
you cannot be loved, no way"

Blessed Love
RASTAFARI

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/27/2008 6:04:39 AM

Blessed Love family,

As thee I them can probably guess I have identified some trust issues that I'm having. As thee I can probably tell from my last posting, I am very confused at the moment as to what is expected of InI in relation to trust... and how far it is 'safe' to trust when we need trust, but can't rely on it. This issue is not simply relating to the frequent man/womban trust scenario... trust me y'all, these are testing times for I across the social board...!! But the recent journey has definitely brought me to a who's who in my world and I am disquieted, jaded and perplexed.

I give thanks cos I've been easy, breezy, beautiful for the last while and this is a new and large struggle... once InI can bridge this, there is definite growth... but right ya now... I'm a bit like... what the f***?

I thought I would give more insight, since we're getting into it. Give ises for the reasoning. More love, Ras KebreAb... this is why Sizzla is ever blessed, there is always a line that is perfect for any situation.

I sight the reasoning about projected trust and proven trust. It's like the first is necessary for the 2nd to manifest. What is the reasoning on when projected trust is failed, rather than proven? How do InI deal with that?

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/27/2008 10:19:49 AM

WHAT A REASONIN!!
LOL
I HAVNT SEEN THIS IN A LONG TIME.
MY PROBLEM IS ALMOST EVERY ONE I EVER TRUSTED LET ME DOWN..
I PRETTY MUCH GET MY FACED WIPED IN MY TRUST..
BUT I STILL NEVER CHANGE ,I STILL GIVE PEOPLE THE BENEFIT ..U KNOW ?
WHEN MY SISTER WAS ON DRUGS I LOVED HER BUT I TRUSTED HER TO DO WAT ADDICTS DO..
BUT YET AND STILL SHE NEVER STEAL FROM I OR MOMMY..
SO JAH SHOW ME ,SHE DESEARVED MORE TRUST THAN WHAT I GAVE HER..
CRACK EVEN HEROINE NEVER MADE HER STEAL FROM INI.
SHE WOULD ROB PEOPLE IN THE ROAD ,.BUT SHE NEVER STEAL FROM US WHICH BE EASIEST, U KNOW? ?
BUT THEN I PUT ALL MY TRUST IN CERTAIN A WOMAN...IT WAS PURE CRASH AND BURN..
SOME TIMES WE JUST TRUST THE WRONG PEOPLE.
I ALSO SEE THAT IF INI TRULLY TRUSS JAH, AND PRAY HE WILL REVEAL THE ONES THAT CAN OR CAN NOT BE TRUSTED .
THATS EASY TO SAY BUT SOME TIMES HARDER TO TAKE.
WHEN I FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY ,I COULDNT TRUST MY BELOVED WOMAN OF 6 YEARS.. I ALMOST WENT TO PRISON LOL...LITERALLY!!!
ITS FUNNY NOW ,IT WASNT THEN "TRUST ME" LOL
JAH GIVE U SIGHNS ALL THE TIME WHO CAN BE TRUSTED!
I WOULD SAY WHEN IT COMES TO TRUST DONT WAIT TILL IT GETS WIPED IN YOUR FACE..TAKE THE WARNINGS THEY ARE EVER THERE..
MY PAPA TOLD ME LONG AGO
"IF SOMEONE SHOWS U WHO THEY IS" ....."BELEIVE THEM" LOL
FUNNY BUT TRU
BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 4/27/2008 12:00:28 PM

blessed lawds and empresses

Yaa, blessed, I pray JAH to give the I strenght,

Well since I have said "put Iself in others shoes" I won't give any advice, since I haven't been facing this kind of situation, no one who I trust to I has never let I down, that is I family(father, mother and grandmother) and I Father, there is no one that has ever been close to I to whom I'm not related(mother, father, grandmother) and InI Father, hence if one is not close, no trust and no big dis appointments.

I already told what I would do, but that is theoretical, I pray that I Father would give I strenght to walk the walk, but it is not always so that I am so strong, though I got a lot stronger ever since.

So I guess trust is the ultimate gift, both from InI Father to InI and vise versa, actually I think it all goes down to love and trust witch are both related, so this means that is the only thing that InI can give HIM besides love. Same with people, that is the best gift, that is the humblest of things that InI can do, to forgive and to give trust it's Divine. But everywhere exist a line. If a person is sencere and is sorry for real and I know that that person really had a lesson from all this and he won't do it again, I would be coutious, but I would let that person back into I life, but as I say, no one has ever broken I heart with their actions.

Consdering projected trust, well...in these cases I always say that it's I own fault, that I was stupid enough to trust that person and he or her failed I, because I put my trust in something that I wasn't sure, there are rarely situation in life when projected trust really means anything, if ya trust a person with one dollar, this doesn't mean anything, if ya trust him with your watch, it means a little, if the I trust all the I belongings it means a lot, but only when ya trust that that person would never ever stab I in the back and that person would not sell I out to protect his or hers flesh, that is not even trust that is ONE. This doesn't mean that one fails the I trust is over, the I must give a second chance(depends of the incedent of course), because InI too are flesh and I Father trusts InI all the time, though InI are not perfect.

So give thanks for asking InI uppinion and advice, that really shows a lot, so I pray that all is well for the I, really soon.

Guidance and Itection
Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/27/2008 12:06:14 PM

Blessed Love

"I sight the reasoning about projected trust and proven trust. It's like the first is necessary for the 2nd to manifest."
Lol, how do you do that,beloved? how do you say what took i three paragraphs to say in one line?
Well, i am a bit uncertain as to what exactly the i is struggling with, if you could make it a bit clearer,it would be i honor to help in any way possible.

But i think i can say this, if it was ever a question of either complete trust or no trust at all, i would gladly chose complete trust, no matter the pitfalls,no matter how many times people let you down or whatever. Ini create the world we live in,and i wouldnt want to live in a world with no trust.
If i trust a 100 people and 99 let i down, it would still be worth it just to find that one trustworthy person.

I want to ask the i Rook, about your woman, if you found out after 6 years that you couldnt trust her anymore, looking back, would you give up those 6 years of the love that you shared ?
I ask because i have gone thru similiar, and even though in the end it caused i such pain, i still wouldnt give up the time we shared together for anything.
So i could never say, ah it was a mistake to trust her.
The only mistake was on her part, she let i down,and she has to deal with it according to her consciousness, i have i consciousness clear.I dont consider iself a fool for trusting her.

Perhaps in the end,it all comes down to how much one is williing to risk.
In a relationship, one might say, i am prepared to trust and risk having my heart broke......
but in these cold streets, how many will say, i am prepared to trust and risk having my life taken from me

"humble as a dove,and wise as a serpent"
it applies,wouldnt you agree?

Since i said,we create the world we live in, let i share somethings i have noticed since i was a child, i am talking schooldays now.
You know, how some kids can just lie blatantly, you know,nothing serious, just kids stuff, like ... i did this,i did that, my daddy got me this lol etc..
Now most of the students,when one kid is telling these kinds of things,would immediately jump up, like, STOP LYING, .. and this and that, and name calling would begin, a whole mess
Iself, i was never like that,only JAH knows why, i never liked to make ones uncomfortable like that,perhaps. Anyway, so they would tell i such things, and even though i always knew it was pure lies, i would just say things like, ah,thats nice, kool. I would never confront them and say , you are lying.
And guess what strange thing happened. As we grew up, i became like one of the most trustworthy peole in the whole school. Those same kids who were so prone to tell lies, while they sometimes continued to lie to others, completely ceased lying to i, instead strangely, i became the person that they would confide in,i became the person to whom they would tell their most intimate Truths,which they would never tell to others,never to those that used to confront them.
It was always strange to i,because, you know say in every school,you have the "bad" crowd and the good students, and i was somehow somewhere in the middle. Because in the teachers eyes, i wouldnt be consider to be "bad", cause even tho i had i share of problems, i was usually just quiet and kept to iself. But on the other hand all my friends were of what would be considered the "bad" side. It went to such an extent that i hardly ever had fights in school, because lol, i was "protected" ,not that i ever asked to be, but everyone knew who were my friends,so everyone knew not to mess with i. And for the longest while i couldnt overs it, i couldnt see what others saw in i, even well after school. It even continued to when i was living in London,North, Finsbury park,Tottenham, There were times when some big dealer would come and give i a big bundle of money and ask i to hold it for him, and i just look at him like, why in the world are you trusting me?
And even now,I am so humbled and grateful that Ark I would trust i enough to ask i to help him administrate this Forum.

So for me, it has always been way more important to be trustworthy, to everyone, not just to those who trust you
Cultivate trust, and it will surround you.
Dont matter those who let you down and betray you, the only thing they could hurt is your pride by making you feel like a fool for trusting them, but then again,pride is a sin, so take that as an opportunity to cleanse yourself

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 4/27/2008 12:21:41 PM

"If i trust a 100 people and 99 let i down, it would still be worth it just to find that one trustworthy person"

Words of truth
give thanks

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/27/2008 1:30:05 PM

yes RAS KEBRA
WHEN I LOOK ON THOSE YEARS BEING WITH HER WAS LIKE BEIN IN SCHOOL
IT WILL BE VERY VERY HARD..2 GET SUCH A SEVERE LESSON..FROM A UNIVERSITY
THE WISDOM I GOT FROM OUR RELTIONSHIP ACTUALLY SURPASSED THE LOVE..
AND IF I COULD GO BACK AND CHANGE ANYTHING
IT WOULD BE MY VIOLENT CRIMINAL RECORD ,THAT I GAINED THE NIGHT I CAUGHT HER ...DOING THE UNTHINKABLE .. !!
HAD SHE NOT DECIEVED AND BETRAYED ME..I WOULDVE DONE ALMOST ANY THING TO KEEP HER COMFORT U KNOW, KEEP HER SECURE ..THAT I AM A MAN U KNOW?
WHAT A FOOL LOL..

IF U REMEBER A BOSS CHUNE
SAY
"ONE SIDE LOVE AFFAIR.. JUSS CANT REACH NO WHERE."
I FOUND THAT SOME PEOPLE LOVE THE IDEA OF LOVING U BUT THEY REALLY DONT LOVE U..THE PERSON WHO U ARE?
THEY LOVE WHAT U DO, WHAT U CAN PROVIDE..
BUT TRULLY LOVING U AS U LOVE THEM ?
IF THEY TRULLY LOVE U THEY WOULD GO OUT OF THEIR WAY ALSO FOR YOUR COMFORT WELL BEING AND SECURITY,ALSO..
AS A BOBO MAN AND SHE SOCIETY GIRL
SHE LOVED THE I COOKING THE CARING ..PRINCIPAL..U KNOW
BUT SHE USED THOSE DAYS OF PURIFICATION FOR DEFICATION LOL
AND WHEN TIMES GOT ROUGH FINACIALLY SHE WANTED MY PRINCIPAL TO GO IN THE RECYCLE BIN..
SUCH A DEVIOUS SPIRIT SHE HAD A WAY WITH WORDS AND KISSES..
SHE WAS SO BEAUTIFUL SHE COULD EASILY HAVE A MAN SELLING CRACK IN FRONT OF A POLICE STATION..WITH A SIGHN THAT SAYS I HAVE CRACK 20$ LOL
WITH UR LOCKS IN A STOCKING CAP .LOL

MY LAWD I LEARNED SO MUCH THAT PART I WOULDNT TRADE ..BUT ID NEVER EVER EVER
GO BACK TO HAVING HER IN MY LIFE ...

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/28/2008 10:40:29 AM

Sooo nice to receive answers when InI ask the questions.

I know we have our mutual appreciation society around here, and some like to come in here and hate about we sit and pat ourselves on the back. But it isn't that. This livity is about growth, and nurturing the higher spirit. So, for those that want to grow it is necessary to purge the folly, and nurture the higher Ights. So, I'm loving the vibe. I know we can't always be like this, cos I would end up making you guys all girlie... maybe too in touch with the femi9 side!!! LOL. So, the fiyah has to blaze... but we always give thanks for the balance and the double crowning!! So, this is all good. I hope this may help all of InI and not just me! But, for real, this is really helping. Thee I them will have to excuse me for not being more clear... and excuse my smoke and mirrors, but ye know, I'm kinda like that. The irie thing is that, despite my clarity, thee I them are giving me some real answers... and I can feel the filling of the gap. So, more blessings for thee I them... from the heart.

Ye know when there is like an anchor line and it hits like a weight. But in a good way... like, it really resonates almost like a *ping* in the mind. Well, this is the line for me...

"it has always been way more important to be trustworthy, to everyone, not just to those who trust you
Cultivate trust, and it will surround you. Dont matter those who let you down and betray you, the only thing they could hurt is your pride by making you feel like a fool for trusting them, but then again,pride is a sin, so take that as an opportunity to cleanse yourself"

This resonates in my spirit... and this brings the principle to light. It always makes it easy for me.

I gotta go. I'll be back...!!

Love love!

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I