Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=274&start_row=1

Why death?

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 4/2/2004 11:56:55 AM

Greetings I

A friend asked me this some time ago.
And I thought... and did not wanted to give him this "sin=death" catholic answer.
Then I explained it to him like this:
See the body like a bulb. And Jah as the electricity.
So even if the bulb is not broken, it wonīt shine without electricity. But when it is broken no matter how much electricity you put in it, it wonīt shine.
Then he asked, and why doesnīt God repair all the broken bulbs?
Do you have an answer?

Bro Gad I

Messenger: sizzla kalunji Sent: 4/2/2004 12:17:39 PM

Greetings

God gave InI a perfect world, free from all sin. The world changed, Then GOD gave each man their own OVERSTANDING to know RIGHTOUSNESS from SIN.
(RIGHTOUSNESS = LIFE, SIN = DEATH)
Whichever a man choose determine his destiny on the last day.
I overstand that the reason that he hasn't repair all the broken bulbs, is that HE wants each and every MAN to come unto HIM of their own free WILL.

Blessed Love.
Sizzla Kalunji.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/2/2004 12:55:21 PM

i for myself,know that the body is just something i rideing in,when i am done with this trip,iam going home this time..

one

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 4/3/2004 4:26:17 AM

Greetings I

But for me this is also a wish to overstand how the human body lives and how it dies.
The Kebra say Jah is the Life of the Body.
So the body is just flesh, it is born from other flesh. But without Jah power, no flesh pon earth would live!
So I thought, why put Jah then his power out of the flesh again and let it die? And then I overstood.... if a bulb is broken, no matter if you put electricity in it or not, it wonīt shine.
Itīs a health thing.
In the beginning there was no sin in the people.... Jah used his power to heal the flesh. Now is a different situation.... like everybody can see.... if the body is broken it isnīt able to live.
But we also know that Jah often used his power to wake up people from death... so he showed the people, for example through Yeshuah, that he is God Allmighty.

Bro Gad I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/3/2004 7:52:19 PM

Greetings,

Jah created I and I to live according to how I and I choose. Jah doesn't want a Creation that does his works because they don't know of anything else. Jah wants a Creation that chooses his way, even though they know that there is also a wicked way. Jah want Ones and Ones that, if given the responsibility to have dominion over the earth, will deal with righteousness and do Jah works without Jah forcing them to do it.

When Jah Creation lives this way, then they will be truly walking in the image of Jah.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 5/29/2004 12:41:37 PM

what about a last will ?

is it important to a rastafarian to make a will or not to make a will ?
what do you think 'bout that ?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/30/2004 5:57:30 PM

Greetings,

It is up to the person whether they want a will or not. Being RasTafarI doesn't make any difference to that.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 5/31/2004 12:00:25 AM

As to the whole light bulb analogy... INI don't overstand life to be like that...

INI see life as an ongoing process. We live to forward ourselves. We 'die' when we are are in need of a new level of consciousness which our lives cannot fulfill- whether this be that we move forward or backward from where we were previously born into...

INI overstand re-INI-carnation... bodies are physical, the piece of ourselves that comes from Iearth and goes back to Iearth when we are done with it... the soul never dies, it can be lost, but it's time is never over cus the soul exists beyond time. That's why when the body starts to fail the soul never does. Cuz the soul never gets worn out- it is divine. So when we live a life, forward ourselves, JAH may see it fit to put us back on Iearth to forward ourselves even moreso. Instead of seeing life like a lightbuld that can burn out and never live again, INI overstand it to be more like a perennial plant... as long as the roots are firm and strong life keeps coming back as long as it is necessary in the Iyes of JAH. INI overstanding of life and the life process is very much like the Hindu overstanding of the subject, not very typical of a Rastafarian but INI my own kinda Rasta since INI my own individual person seen? INI have experienced visions of past lives, made connections with things most easily explainable through the existence of past lives- INI even attribute my initial attraction to the faith of Rastafari due to a past life and the fact that all Rastafarians are Rasta since the day they are born- it is something JAH make you and when you discover it is when you start your trod, seen? Now this is a more typical approach for a Rastafarian to take... but INI connect the two for this is what I see fit...

aiite nuff rambling... any questions or comments are much appreciated as long as they are not attacking INI beliefs.... It is good to question if there needs clarification and things but it is not good to cut down ones views, seen? Yall know this... yall are good, conscious people...

Just with vampires ya never know...

One love

Ras John

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/31/2004 1:14:15 PM

Greetings,

I sight life as Itinuing from generation to generation as One Life. I don't really site re-incarnation. It may or may not be true, but there is currently no way to prove it is so.

The reason I sight Life as Itinuing from generation to generation is because I can see this. I know it is reality because I experience it and see it happen around I.

I don't have any memory of experiencing re-incarnation, and I don't see it happening around I.

Also, I don't think too much about death and the afterlife for the same reason. I have no memory of experiencing death, and I haven't had a glimpse of the afterlife. I have only heard stories about it. What I know for sure is Life, so that is where I spend most of I thought.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 6/1/2004 7:11:00 AM

"but there is currently no way to prove it is so." (Ark I)

well...there is a way to prove it. prove it at ONE person:
yeshuah ha masheach

it is him who was born again in the flesh of haile selassie I to continue his mission.

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I