Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2692&start_row=11

Why are some ras ignorant towards the i

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/3/2008 9:37:18 AM

dirtyd,

I am still doubtful about what you claim about Joseph Hill, the only time I have ever seen such a claim is from you, nobody else claims it. You mentioned that you could give I one of his guitarists phone number. I would be interested in that so that I could confirm your story.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: dirtyd Sent: 4/7/2008 11:06:15 PM

No problem ARK I,my phone number is 704-499-2008,I don't want their personell numbers to be shown on the web,so you call me and i'll give you theirs,e-mails too,cool?.I don't knowhow big of a thing you think this is and I don't want it to get you vexed or nothin,so please be in good spirits when you call me-no-dis-repect at all to any RAsta that was pissed by this ''claim''.I've said before that I don't claim i'm a rasta although it has changed my life in a great way,through friends,music,and in the spiritual.I'm white,covered in tattos,and eat meat from time to time,call me weak if thats how you see it.But I am an honest person,and i don't get involed in mental slavery,I work for myself,do what I want,and have to answer to no-babylon bull-shit from the people of mt town..And I learned these things from RAsta,and .I could never use Rasta as a fad or to impress or lie to people or even just to be different.I didnt say that chicken storie to get people all ''roused up''I just happened to mention it in a letter cuz it reminded me of how hard it is to live the TRUE rasta way their entire lives.Even Joseph hill can make mistakes from time to time I guesse,peace,Denis

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/8/2008 11:52:26 AM

If you click the email link at the bottom of any page, you can send the information to I. The email goes only to I.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/9/2008 12:53:06 AM

dirty,

Both the numbers you gave I were for people in the same city as you and the two people had the same name, one was just the short form of the other. It is possible that they are still two different people even though their names are basically the same, but even if they are different people, they could just be two friends of yours that will of course confirm your claim.

I didn't know Joseph Hill, so I don't know what he ate, but what you are claiming doesn't make sense. But either way, nothing anybody else does will change what I do, unless it is something I want to change.

In regards to your comments now and the year before about it being hard Living as RasTafarI in babylon, and your desire to play ball instead of Living that way. It is not hard at all, it is only a choice. A choice whether you will hear Selassie I call and trod according to HIM direction, or whether you will not.

Most people have defeated parts of their foolishness and are free from those things, while they still have other undesirable parts that are yet to be defeated. But some people love excuses and don't look at the other undesirable parts as something that is yet to be defeated; they instead concede defeat unto themselves.

The things that you mentioned here about what you consider hard to live by in babylon are things that many people including many on this forum are living by while living in babylon. As I said, it is only a choice. Many are called, but few choose, so few are chosen.

Some people convince themselves that they can't Live as RasTafarI in every way while in Babylon. So by their faith, they make this true for themselves and will never Live as One. But something they do that is even worse, they use this excuse of not being able to Live in every way for another excuse to not Live by almost any of the Precepts of RasTafarI. They seem to convince themselves that there is no point in doing this or that Right thing, because it is either all or nothing.

Don't these people realize that every thing I and I do towards RasTafarI gets I and I closer to RasTafarI. It is better to be a foot mat at the door of Zion than burning outside of it. And if these people would give their lazy ass a hard kick and Work to improve themselves and defeat their wickedness one by one. And continue to give their asses more hard kicks every time they slow down or especially when they turn around. Then they would see how much better Life becomes every time they defeat another wickedness. And then after they defeated enough of their wickedness, they would likely realize how stupid they were in thinking that they couldn't Live as RasTafarI in fullness, and their faith would make the impossible possible. And as time passes and more wickedness is defeated, then their faith would become a reality.

But instead they defeat their own self and think that it is babylon outside of them that is their obstacle, when it is the babylon they brewed inside of them that hinders their path. And the thing about these people, they would find another excuse no matter where they lived.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/9/2008 8:37:39 AM

Ises and Love

Well said. It is surely a strength needed and I pray for that strength.

When it comes to personal livity you are only lying and betraing yourself. You will see it in the end, excuses won't kill cancer, but they will kill you. Where is it hard to stop using industrial tobacco, eating flesh and blood, drinking alcohol and using all those poison? You try to build LIFE upon DEATH and wonder why ya going to suffer?

It used to get me vex when people do all those things and call themselves by my King's name. But it's them who bring judgement about themselves. Whether I like it or not, I have no influence on that. You can't expect doing all those things and grow old, you can't build life upon death.

I live my life and livity not in fear of some hell or future imagination. I live it because I am a sane and natural intelligent man and know the ways JAH shows us are the best way to live here and now. My whole family is in nutritional bizness, and I can tell you say I know the difference when you eat just crap one day, and get ya full nutritional need a next day. You so full of energy you think you can do anything. So those who have the choice, but still don't give a damn about natural and healthy livity, than so let it be.

We have our God and King tell us HEALTH comes first before everything else, because if Health fails everything gonna come to nothing. I love to follow His Majesty most wise life-advises as I know I don't live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of my God and King.

Besides that, I find it quite ridiculous how these discussions turn, I know this and that man and I can give you this and that number. I really don't know anything about the Brethren Joseph Hill. But I have already seen reggae artists of which I thought there was more behind their words, and I was a bit sad. But hey, I don't have no influence on that. I must live my life as best as I can. Not because in fear of some judgement, no, but because I know every action has a reaction, that's the natural order, everyman is responsible for his judgement himself. I could do all these things of which most I have never done in my entire life, but I know it would get me sick and dead, first spiritually, and someday surely also physically.

I give thanks for the most wonderful and wise and vital teachings of I n I God and King Quedamawi Haile Selassie.
Selah

Messenger: Nick1234 Sent: 4/9/2008 9:26:39 AM

Hey whats up yall

I have a question: are psilocybin mushrooms ital?

Psilocybing mushrooms are natural mushrooms and are not man made. I have already done them several times and a have had profound spiritual experiences on them, somewhat in the Native American spirit guide tradition. Are mushrooms forbidden to Rastas?

On another note: Im on spring break and my ganja minister is out of ganja. But he does have some LSD. He has already tried it and he seems fine. I am very curious to try LSD as I have done mushrooms before and they are both pschedelic experiances. I know that LSD is a man made drug however, but it does have some natural ergot fungus in it. I don't know if I will even have a chance to try LSD this week alghough, because my parents always come home and I definitely don't want to see them on LSD. I have 99 Dollars to spend and I was hoping to spend it on ganja. I will propabably end up not trying LSD even though I am very curious, and will just end up buying a lot of ganja. Does anyone know of any critical dangers in doing acid though? I know you can have bad trips but you can have bad trips on shrooms also. I once started to have a bad trip on shrooms but I played Rastaman Chant by Bob Marley and the bad trip turned into a good one.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/9/2008 9:38:04 AM

"In regards to your comments now and the year before about it being hard Living as RasTafarI in babylon.....It is not hard at all.."

Actually Ark, i agree with the man , it is hard, harder for some than for others.
Ones just need to realise, satan sitting there by the easy road.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/9/2008 11:28:42 AM

It does take a lot of Work to remove wickedness from our actions and thoughts. Maybe saying it was not hard at all was a bit of an exaggeration on I part. It is just that people use the word hard in that context in a way that makes it sound like it is not possible and they use it as an excuse to just give up Working towards what they see as "hard".

It all comes down to a choice. The first choice is to Work to remove it, the second choice is to Itinue to refuse it after it is removed until it can never enter again. As Selassie I show I and I, resist the devil and he will flee.

Another thing, if the I consider, it is not really that hard, it is just that people prefer to not Work towards it because they prefer slackness in the areas that they choose not to improve. It is not a hard thing to do in itself, people just make it hard by forming their mind that way and allowing themselves excuses.

For example, men enjoy looking at the woman they see around them in a lustful way (whether very lustfully or a little lustfully), so they make this or that excuse to continue in their lust. They either tell themselves that woman are beautiful, so how can they help but stare at them lustfully. Or they make numerous other excuses to allow themselves to continue that way. And another reason they never change is that they allow themselves to dwell in lustfulness. When they see a woman and lust after them, they allow that thought to grow and grow, instead of fighting and resisting it.

I have never cheated on I empress with another woman, but looking at a woman lustfully has been one of the hardest things to remove from I thoughts. But as I said, it is not hard in itself, it is only hard because I preferred to allow Iself to do it because it is enjoyable. I have made many attempts in the past to remove this from Iself, but time after time I either made excuses or refuse it for a little time and then just allow the thoughts to grow again.

So now I am giving my lazy ass a hard kick (much harder than my previous kicks) and I know I will defeat it. Just like I have defeated other foolishness in the past. The only obstacle is Iself, not babylon.

And in regard to eating dead flesh. For people that live in US or Canada, that is one of the easiest things to do as far as obstacles outside of ourself. Almost every restaurant in US and Canada have vegetarian options, including fast food restaurants, and all grocery stores have what I and I need to eat vegetarian, the grocery stores have always had what we need, but in these times, they have many easily prepared choices that were not available before, so it is even easier. So the only excuses are our self made excuses, because many people enjoy eating dead flesh. I was fortunate in regards to this one, because I never liked eating dead flesh, even when I was young. So when I stopped, I never had any craving for it. But either way, in no way can babylon be an excuse for defeating this, the only excuses are our self made excuses.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 4/9/2008 12:57:14 PM

blessed love lawds and empresses
Yes I
it's hard but not impossible, some things are harder for some people, it depends...
But still for Iample I situation is a bit different, because the stores where I live doesn't contain the needed amount of vegetables and fruits for I to be veggie, the important things are there I guess, but the variety of foods that I can choose is scarse, the main things such as beens and peas are there, but for Iample there are only white beens to buy raw, no red kidney beens, only canned, canned food for I isn't an option, at least not permanent. Also concerning vegetables I saw a papaya in the store the other day, one papaya costed about the same amount from witch I can buy food and make a dinner...not to make any Xcuses, even then I don't stop Ital livity, though now I think I have little malnutrition problems, LOL.
Concerning alcohol, I never really liked it, when I started smoking herb I started to hate it a bit even, because it brought a shadow on I mind and I noticed how the toughts and reason in I mind was somehow blocked(if that makes sense), so it wasn't hard to stop drinking, though almost everyone around I drank, alcohol brings a lot of wickedness in I country and a lot of people are addicted to it and don't realise, having the "I drink every weekend, but I'm not addicted, I can stop any time(can you really?)" is normal, even the one bottle everyday is tolerated thing...beer is healthy they say

the hard thing is to interact with people, that's what I find hardest, because people tend to have Babylon mentality, racist mentality and they tend to be ignorant, but I guess this is Global.

"You try to build LIFE upon DEATH and wonder why ya going to suffer?"
give thanks for this one

Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/9/2008 2:18:55 PM

As the i said idren, it all comes down to ones choice, It might be hard, but that is no excuse

If you want to standstill, you stand still
If you want to go downhill, you heading for the pit,
InI want to reach the I-Peak, so ini a trod up the steep hill.

If you think yourself weak, you will be weak
If you think yourself strong,you will be strong
Ones have to realise the power the mind has

Either you control your mind, or your mind controls you.
And many, even though they dont realise it,are still controlled by their minds.
If ones would like to test this, just tell your mind, I am going to sit here in a mediative position and iditate for a long time.
Then see how long it is before your mind begins to disobey you, before it starts telling you, you are hungry, you are tired etc...

It is not a simple thing for the I-consciousness to completely control your mind, and i am far from perfect.
But once you make that choice, it only takes practice and dilligence
and the knowledge that nothing is possible without JAH RASATAFARI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I