Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2653&start_row=1

Ras Kebre AB: Psalms

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 3/9/2008 10:53:29 AM

Greetings Brethren,

is there a Psalm in amharicge'ez that you would propose us, to be listened to, with a transliteration? Maybe you know some on youtube...
Of course, if you have time. It would be very appreciated.

blessed

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/12/2008 9:45:08 AM

Blessed Love

Seen I, i didnt even know they had such things on youtube. I think i have seen some Ethiopian songs with lyrics from Psalms, im not sure if thats what you meant or if you are looking for a spoken reading, instead of music,
Anyways, i will look and let the i know.
I must say it is a good thought, so if i cant find anything on youtube, i will see if there is another way to do it

Or if it is a transliteration, do you want i just to write a psalm down for the I? If so, perhaps the i can suggest a psalm the i love. If you asked i, i would automatically say psalm 23, you might have your own favourites

"amharicgeéz", i have no problem with the amharic part, but unfortunately i never got to learn geéz. Still if necessary i can ask help from some family members

But as the i said, the main obstacle for i right now is time, but ill do i best

Bless
Rastafari

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 3/12/2008 4:06:26 PM

I was looking for sang Psalms, of course we have to listen to the sound, so i thought of youtube.

i was thinking to the last Psalms , those who exhort all the beings which have the Breath of life to hail the Lord. of course the 23 is perfect.

the problem is that i don't understand which of those on youtube are Psalms, and if i understood it, i would not be able to recognise which Psalm was it. Maybe you know some way to get them; i will see if on the web there are some named. however, i recommend www.ethiopianorthodox.org the music archive, maybe it has something you know already, or you could transliterate.

bless

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I