Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2635&start_row=1

Was moses a murderer

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: bigginer Sent: 2/26/2008 6:03:55 PM

The reason i ask is because a Christian woman at my collage coarse said he was and ini am not 2 sure and i was trying 2 reason with her but she did not want 2 know

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/27/2008 10:32:04 AM

It depends on where the woman want to coome with that statement. What was her purpose? Against what?

Messenger: Ten Sent: 2/27/2008 4:09:51 PM

Blessings
In Exodus 2 Moses does kill an Egyptian but that is in retaliation to how the Egyptian had treated one of his brethren:
2:11 And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.
2:12 And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.
2:13 And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow?
2:14 And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known.

But Moses did immediately realise his actions were wrong so I wouldn't say he was a murderer, but he did commit the act. The Bible does not call him as such neither does it condemn him. The law of the land does say it is wrong but God still placed His trust in Moses. He gave Moses the ability to lead the Jews and performed holy miracles because God saw Moses as HIS prophet and leader of The Chosen People. I feeling is that calling Moses a murderer is a moral judgement, one that can be made by they themselves who have no sin and can be called upon by the Most High to perform His works. It would be interesting to know how the I them feel also.
Blessed Love

Messenger: bigginer Sent: 2/28/2008 2:08:22 PM

ini think she said so because she wanted to gloat about knowing more about the ible

diego b

Messenger: bigginer Sent: 2/28/2008 2:14:19 PM

ini also think that moses was serving justice and from what i know of moses it was a slave master he killed wasn't it

BLESS JAH KURIOUS
GIVE THANX AND PRAISE 2 tha

most high jah rastafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/28/2008 9:54:42 PM

Purposely killing somebody is considered murder, so with that definition, then Moses did murder.

There are several people in the bible that killed others. For example, King David killed a man because he wanted the man's wife.

Sometimes people killed in defence and other times with malice and other times for various other reasons. Anybody who reads the bible can see that nobody walked perfectly except Christ. It was never meant to be a book only about perfect people.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 4/2/2008 2:26:01 PM

Good respons Ark I. I've missed you.

RSK-

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I