Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2626&start_row=1

Where can u learn about rastafari in england

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: bigginer Sent: 2/23/2008 10:18:03 AM

I've been searching for a hole year now and can only find two books in the hole city were ini live and there only peoples vues on Rastafari and that don't really help with any of the thing ini need to know so ini am asking for any one to help for i can only practice what ini know so please can someone help

BLESS

JAH KURIOUS

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/23/2008 11:52:44 AM

greetings,

if you're looking for books you can easily buy them on the web.
about the books i suggest to start from the beginning, reading your Bible, knowing that the ethiopian canon is bigger than the catholic or anyway western one: the ethiopian Bible contains many books more than the west, such as Enoch, Jubilees. Here http://members.aol.com/abaselama/iyaric.html you will find the exact translation from amharic into iyaric of His Majesty Bible, the one He ordered for ethiopia, and so the most correct.
inthis way you will understand, by the grace of Jah, the edenic conscence of RasTafari, because just with education a man can free himself from the bondage of false preachings and teachings.

of course books alone are not enough, we all need the Mercy and the Guidance of the Most High Jah to understand His Words and to be kept on the true and right path toward wisdom and life eternal.

For anything just ask.

db

Messenger: Bro.Asher Sent: 2/23/2008 6:54:43 PM

concerning : "the one He ordered for ethiopia, and so the most correct."

"We in Ethiopia have one of the oldest versions of the Bible, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains the same, It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal."
- Haile Selassie I

Give thanks for the giving of thanks!
RasTafarI!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/23/2008 10:08:26 PM

It is true that no matter what version a person chooses that was written before Selassie I made that statement, the truth will come through.

The message being taught will shine through, but it is a fact that there are some differences between different versions that can lead to different Iverstanding of certain parts. And some of these differences are quite significant.

And what Selassie I said about past versions doesn't necessarily apply to versions written after He said it. It all depends on how much people decide to change.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: bigginer Sent: 2/24/2008 10:49:34 AM

bless 4 tha info and idance aslo ini was reading Rastafari tha conscious embrace have finished it know and im now on H.I.M s speeches but i still need to embrace Rastafari so could u be able 2 tell me how

BLESS GIVE THANX and praise
jah kurious

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/24/2008 3:37:39 PM

books written by outsider spectator of Rastafari culture are the worst. i recommend the writings of the Elders, the living witnesses of the early revelation of Rastafari. of course first come those printed by His Majesty's Government, and those about ethiopian history and culture; then check the excellent prof Edward Ullendorf, one of the best scholars on ethioian culture and history.

i can tell you this: remember that His Majesty said "the words for themselves are just empty bottles: it is our duty to fill them, granting them meaning and significance".

this is to say: look at the past to understand the present, and you will rejoice more that before, i assure you.

Messenger: bigginer Sent: 2/26/2008 6:11:03 PM

the problem with buying is buying them with no income Diego B.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I